Closed Thread
Page 20 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG - Sugar, Leanne, Ellen, Micca and Baby Please - all your finger crossing seems to have paid off!!! Just got a "1-2 weeks" pregnant result on Clearblue HPT!!! Can't believe it and am trying to hold back my excitement til BT Tuesday. Internet cheapies still show negative. Stupid sticks!!! . Am just about to head out so will write more later tonight. Welcome to our thread Baby Please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG - Sugar, Leanne, Ellen, Micca and Baby Please - all your finger crossing seems to have paid off!!! Just got a "1-2 weeks" pregnant result on Clearblue HPT!!! Can't believe it and am trying to hold back my excitement til BT Tuesday. Internet cheapies still show negative. Stupid sticks!!! . Am just about to head out so will write more later tonight. Welcome to our thread Baby Please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

I hope you don't mind me popping in. I haven't read through your posts - but it looks like a really exciting time here!

Um... just wondering if anyone went through IVF using donor sperm at Fertility First (Hurstville). If so, I'd be really interested in total cost. (I know total costs are often a lot more than the one they quote on the website once you include meds, consults etc).

Much appreciated - and I think it's fab that you have the balls (pardon the pun!) to create your own little family x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all it's been so long since I've been on here, there sure is a few of us singles on here now.
    Just want to say congratulations to all the bfps and good luck to those who are going through it.
    I've been keeping quite as I did get a bfp only to be told it wont last so for the last 3 weeks it's been scans and blood test to make sure it wasn't ectopic. So for the last two and a half weeks I have been bleeding but still not miscarried. So another blood test on monday and hopefully a d&c next week.
    I also lost my 13 yr old dog to cancer last week I found out on the Friday she had cancer and by the Tuesday she was suffering way to much,I could watch her go through the pain. I have a 15 yr old also and she won't leave my side now she has lost her best friend too .
    Sorry about the me post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - OMG!! Yay, that so exciting!! Cant wait till your BT!!

Babyplease - welcome and its great you have started your journey, its so exciting to choose a donor , I was so excited to select mine. I have no preference to staying on BH or moving to Facebook, Im on here more than facebook though.

Micca - I have another scan with the FS on 19 Sept, so will be 9w1d then, I cant wait!! Im guessing it will look more like something other than a little beating blob . Its good you dont mind other girls nicking your bubba name, its just one of many names on my list at the moment. Hope you got those handles on, 3 years isnt too bad, Im bad at leaving things and just putting up with it, especially when I can work around it .

Junebug - Im sorry hunny, Im in Melbs, so Im not sure of the costs with Fertility First, good luck though.

Dees - oh hunny, Im so sorry that your going through such a horrible sad time, big hugs . Its awful that all these very sad things are happening all at once. I hope you have some support around to be with you.

AFM - feeling a bit brighter today than yesterday, but have had pains all day which of course have me worried a little, I hope I can relax soon, but I dont think I will till Im 36 weeks or when I have the bubba in my arms, safe and sound .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Culled for some privacy
    Last edited by baby please; 20-10-2011 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by junebug View Post
    Hi everyone.

I hope you don't mind me popping in. I haven't read through your posts - but it looks like a really exciting time here!

Um... just wondering if anyone went through IVF using donor sperm at Fertility First (Hurstville). If so, I'd be really interested in total cost. (I know total costs are often a lot more than the one they quote on the website once you include meds, consults etc).

Much appreciated - and I think it's fab that you have the balls (pardon the pun!) to create your own little family x
    I used fertility first.... it was ok if you are not complicated and a simple ivf... you wont get to talk to the doctor ann at all. the nurses run everything. They also do EPU only on mondays, wed, friday.. which made me a bit aprehensive as you may be too early or too late for pick up,,,, I got my BFP after 3 x ivf.... but my first cycle I cycled with a huge cyst which should have cancelled cycle at my down reg scan..but they kept me cycling...as a result I got OHSS and just wasted my money.... the second cycle was ok. my 3rd cycle I took charge and added in meds... prednisone, antibiotics (anne does not use prednisone) and I got my BFP..and some OHSS....
    Overall I was not particually happy with them... it was too factory ivf... they were just pushing the women through.... the waiting rooms were full of people every time I went. Also while their sperm selection is good... most of it goes as they have a huge clientele doing IUI which uses up all the selection...
    would I go back... no.... I changed to QFG... to have an aggressive protocol and a cycle where I get to chat to the doc at anytime... overal I think that if you have an aggressive cycle the first time it means that you have a higher chance of a bfp and spending less wasted dollars on soft cycles. I would recommend warren de ambrosis at QFG brisbane... they also use zytec.com and their cycles are a lot more reasonable... IVF.ICSI $7000 and cheaper theatre fees. Accomodation is reasonably priced in brisbane as well... Also they are a huge group and have a very good lab...

so costs at fertility first
    sperm $960 (they use xytex.com)
    lucrin $270
    Luveris (lh) if you need ... $150 per injection ..you usually have 5
    HGH... if you use... $165 injection... usually 4-5

ICSI/IVF (only do this one) -- $7500... aprox medicare rebate.. $5000 aprox
    blast culture-- $500
    Freezing embryos $300 first 6 months then $150 every 6months

dont forget all your vitamins....
    acupunture weekly ...
    time off work...

I hope this helps... PM me anytime....xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    wishing...........woohoo woohoo woohoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    tips.....

get a referral from the FS or your GP... to say that acupuncture and chinese herbs are medically recommended for IVF and you will be able to claim the cost on your tax.

Acupuncture while pregnant is great.... good for morning sickness and makes the baby grow well... my acu guy said it breeds content robust babies..and so far arabella is that.

take blackmores i-folic while pregnant as well as their pregnancy and breastfeeding multivit, The iodine is crucial to brain development and most women are iodine deficient. Also take vit d 1000iu during pregnancy...as studies show that if you are deficient in vit D in pregnancy then your baby will prob be deficient as well even when breastfed.

vitamins........
    *vit D 1000iu.... needed for implantation....evidence based
    *Zinc 50mg .... needed for cell coats on eggs.... evidence based
    *Vit C 1000mg, Vit E 1000iu, CoQ10 150-300mg.... antioxidants..improve egg quality
    vit B12 shot prior to cycle... improves egg quality...evidence based
    *Folic acid.. 400mcg-800mcg..improves egg quality- pregnancy multivitamin best source.
    *iodine... (blackmores i-folic) ... improves iodine levels... egg quality and cell quality
    fish oil... 4 capsules day... thins the blood improves perfusion to ovaries and uterus.
    evening primrose oil.. 4 capsules a day.. improves hormone balance
    royal jelly... improves egg growth... often get a more even follicle growth (stop after EPU)
    *Magnesium...500mg... essential for egg cell development
    wheat grass tabs... can help lower FSH
    spiralina... 3 tabs a day... a good source of minerals
    DHEA... if you are a poor responder or >37yrs.. 50-75mg day.. can order from america or get on script from a compounding pharmacy ($65 for 100 x25mg)
    Chinese herbs... can improve lining and eggs and aid in implantation
    Acupunture... weekly at least 2-3 months prior... and on the day of transfer..studies show it does improve success.

So that is my list... I took it all but bear in mind I was OLD...41yrs when I started.. I would recommend this for any poor responders or >38yrs... obviously you may not need to take them all... I have * the important ones....
    I spent a lot of time on Dr google reading journal articles and fact finding... (secret geek)

I got lots of baby care and mummy care advice for us single mummies that I have worked out through trial and error... Ill post them when everyone is in their 3rd trimester.

Sugar.
    .. the aches and pains in the first few weeks are pretty intense and you feel like AF is coming all the time... blame the uterus growing on that one...also you may notice that your boobs deflate a little and dont look preggers...dont panic...its normal..they will resume their fullness and more from about 8-9 weeks... oh and blackmores make a good morning sickness vitamin pill that works.

Dees,,,,,,,, sorry to hear that you are just having such a hard time of things... oh how terrible to have a chemical pregnancy and the death of your furry best friend... I hope that you are able to recover from all this saddness... we are all here for you ...lots of cyber hugs...

June.
    ..as above.... yay for making the leap... big pat on the back its a huge leap of faith but the end reward is worth it and the $$ really dont matter when you have a baby in your arms...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all really quick post as I'm off to bed!!
    Wish omg I'm so so excited( I may have had tears in my eyes when I read that)
    Hello to all our new fantastic buddies sorry about short post

I feel really bad today some how I managed to puck up a cold so I have slept most of the day

Sugar I hope your ok it could be uterus doing it's stretching as I have heard that can be painful!! If your unsure call your nurse if it makes u feel better xxx