Closed Thread
Page 16 of 150 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Leannep - good luck today for your blood test! Will be thinking of you andxsenfing good vibes your way!!

Hi Sugarberry and Ellen

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone, Made my appointment with the Dr and concellor today. The Dr was easy but it was near impossible to get the other app. She was so booked up. I am planning to go to Brisbane for my Ivf after some talk with Micca (so helpful) but since that cant get started till oct, I am thinking about doing IUI sept. I have no idea if this is a good idea or just a waste of money. I guess I just want to get started and I thought it was worth a try. What do you think. I have no history of infertility and get my periods every month. I am turning 41 next month though. I just hoped it would give me a little chance. Your advise would be really helpful. Thanks, Ellen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ellen

I don't know much about your history, but I also get my periods on the dot every month and have no real problems with hormones, except for mild PCOS in my early 20s. The problem is that getting your period doesn't mean that you are ovulating each month. What would give you more information would be to know what your egg reserve is like. At our age, it is normally on the lower side and this effects our ability to get pregnant naturally, without the added stimulation of Gonal etc. Also, as you age the outside of your eggs gets harder and it is exceedingly difficult for sperm to fertilise the egg without assistance. That's why my FS suggested ICSI and Assisted Hatching to ensure that (a) the egg had a better chance of fertilisation, and (b) the embryo had a fair chance of coming out and embedding in my uterus. You could certainly try IUI, but you may want to ask a few other people about their experiences. It won't be long for you now. Even October isn't that far away!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ellen
    I had three rounds of iui before stating Ivf with no success at all and also one of my friends did it with no success. Maybe ask one one of the other forums if anyone has had and success as I personally think at out age it's not very successful. I was 40 when I started with no history of any problems sorry I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm but it will save u some money are u going to do acupuncture ?? Maybe u could start that as you can start that awhile before but Jump on and ask because I am sure there would be some successes actually ask on our over 40 thread then they at least our age
    Ps I'm not good with the waiting either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ellen - I didnt even attempt the IUI as I have a history of severe endo and suffer mild PCOS, so FS advised to go straight to ICSI. It does work for some people though and its a lot cheaper than IVF, perhaps speak with the FS and get their advice and perhaps ask for some BT's to see if you are ovulating or not.

Leanne - great BT results!! Congrats hunny!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - how are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sugarberry, feel fine, no different really. My back has been sore but I suspect from the progesterone loosening up the muscles. Other than that - nothing to report. Not long til your scan now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    Wish I hope the back pain is the same as mine as that's all I had when is your official BT date??
    Sugar omg Thursday is so close I can't wait so I can imagine how your feeling keep us posted
    Ellen I hope we haven't given u too much to think about maybe as the wise sugarberry said have a good chat to you fs as we are all so different take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Leannep

Bloodtest is Tues 6 Sept. Sounds like a good day for a BFP!! I will probably make it til Sat which will be 11 dpt.

How are you going?! Does it feel real yet? How many cycles did you have?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - I hope that back soreness is a good sign , are you going to POAS on Saturday?

Leanne - Im really nervous about tomorrow honestly, I have next to no morning sickness and my back isnt as sore as it was, Im hoping for a little heartbeat of course , but have some horrible thoughts going through my head.

Ellen - hope your getting some things sorted, the wait to start can be slow and frustrating, but its not a quick process unfortunately, Im sure once you get going things will move fairly quickly though .