Closed Thread
Page 146 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1497
    Thanks
    Reviews
    thats great news Wish! Fingers crossed for a good collection.

Leanne great news that your doctor found some meds for you - good luck!

well for me I got the call today to say they recommend I cancel this cycle :-( was meant to have the egg collection on Wednesday but my right side was showing alot but all small and on the left there were still 10, 12, 13 and a big one at 27. Went back today and they had only grown to 12, 14, 17 and the one over 29 which they concluded was a cyst (no shock there given my history) So after 2 weeks on meds they weren't growing too fast.

As this was my first cycle my FS said to cancel as she feels we can do better next time by putting me on higher dosage of meds & collect more eggs.

so me and my bruised belly are having a glass of wine and will plan to try again in October (as I am overseas for work next month)

to all the ladies beginning - good luck and I look forward to your updates and will cheering from the side lines

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Single and Donor Sperm

Oh Roxy - so sorry Hun. I hope your FS gets the doses right next time and you get a wonderful bounty. I had a cyst on my first cycle and it gobbled up the Gonal and buggered my cycle up. The other follies didn't get a chance to grow. Big hugs and drink up!!! Be gentle and nurturing of yourself too

Wish
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh roxy that totally sucks Hun hopefully next time fs will get it right big hugs for you xxx

Micca I have a question for you sorry I put it on another thread but being blonde sometimes I forgot to put yr name lol!!! I hope you don't mind me asking do you know if you should stop q10 and royal jelly after transfer?? Thanks heaps in advance xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Been following many of your journeys and have everything crossed for you all.
    Out of curiosity when you have a cancelled cycle or a staggered one what costs are involved? I have enough money for one IVF cycle but that is it (so I only have that one chance) but I have started finding out about all these hidden costs including medications etc and I am now worried sick that I can't proceed with my dream. So now I am facing the dilemna of whether I give up and just concentrate on my 9 year old daughter and keep my little savings for our future, or to push ahead with my dream and HOPEFULLY giving her a sibling. I am so confused.
    I have an appt next week with the nurses at the clinic but from past experiences when talking to nurses/receptionists over the phone at various clinics, I know they don't give you all the costs of EVERYTHING involved. I am finding out more from this forum!
    I was hoping to start in October but now I am not so sure. I took phi out in June (so can't access that until next June) so am also wondering whether to cancel that as it's a lot of money.
    I know I have posted something similar and I apologise, it is just that I have a big decision to make and it is stressing and upsetting me.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=leanne
    Micca I have a question for you sorry I put it on another thread but being blonde sometimes I forgot to put yr name lol!!! I hope you don't mind me asking do you know if you should stop q10 and royal jelly after transfer?? Thanks heaps in advance xxxx[/QUOTE]

you should stop royal jelly when you stop your gonal F etc.. I usually cut the dose of Q10 down after trigger... Im on 600mg day..and usually cut it to 150mg then stop it just before transfer. but that is on my question list to ask my FS..as I have not been taking such a high dose in previous cycles..

Thanks
    Reviews
    storm... here is the cut down

registration with fertility centre.... $0---200
    first consultation ......$ 200-300 medicare rebate $90-150
    ivf cycle ---- $ 6500----9000 depending on clinic medicare rebate around $5000
    donor sperm --- from usa.. about $900 a go... but scientists can use 1/2 straw and save rest for another cycle
    donor sperm storage.... $150-250 6 months
    frozen egg storage ... $150-250 for 6 months

anaesthetic...$300-500 medicare rebate around $100
    day theatre fee... $1500-2000

medications... usually progesterone support after 2 weeks.. $150 for 80 suppositories
    medications for the ivf cycle are included in the cost.

if you need any tests the majority are done bulk billed by the clinic.
    monitoring during the cycle is included in cycle costs. this is from when you start injecting to your beta

I hope this helps...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Stormgirl

To cancel the cycle was $800 with $400 back on medicare (so $400 out of pocket) they keep my $4,000+ which I have paid on file in credit for the next cycle...I was worried at first about my first payment of over $4,000 but all in all $400 out of pocket isn't bad given all the drugs I took and Ultrasounds every 2nd day I think I have used more than $400 worth of treatment :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Micca and Roxy. I really apprecaite your replies.
    I know a lady who just went through IVF and since it was successful she had to pay a further $1000 for medications. She said that PHI only covers a little of that. She said after her rebates, out of pocket altogether they were about $7000 or so. And that is using her husbands sperm (so no donor sperm costs) and having PHI so no hospital fees. So you can see why I am starting to worry!! My PHI doesn't kick in until next June so almost makes it worthless paying money into.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Ive had a bit of a problem understanding all the IVF lingo so that's why I have been so quiet but I'm slowly understanding what everyone is saying.
    Roxy - Sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle . I hope OCT is super lucky for you!
    Stormgirl - I'm sorry that I am no help to you about costings etc but there seems to be so much good advice on here and looks like the other ladies are helping you out. I can't believe the price for IVF cycles and can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling about it all!
    Leanne, Wish and Micca - like I said I have had problems understanding all the lingo so I'm not to sure whereabouts you ladies are in your cycles.

AFM - Great news! I have found a donor that I am VERY happy with. We have been talking quite a bit over the past week and I am meeting him next week. All going well there we will meet again next Thursday night (6th) for him to donate! I'm due to O between Saturday 8th-Monday 10th (This cycle has been somewhat unreliable so thats the window I have narrowed it down too) so I'm seriously hoping that I'm inseminating close enough. He is away all that weekend so doesn't leave much of an opportunity but I figure any chance is better than none. If that fails Ill try again next cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mumstheworld

How did you find your donor, was it one of those sites?? I was on one but found it bit sleazy and didn't believe what the guys were saying!