Closed Thread
Page 144 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1497
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback and such a warm welcome! I have to admit I have become a bit of a BH addict in the last month or so and now that I'm all signed up Im struggling to drag myself away from the forums!!! I also want to say to all the ladies on here that I admire you all greatly. You all seem like such strong people even though I appreciate that some are having difficulties making their dreams come true. Stay strong and keep fighting for what you want!
    to you all!

Stormgirl - I am also looking at FSDW and am in the process of signing up at the moment! I am so excited to be starting my TTC journey . If I have any news anytime soon (both good or bad!) I will be sure to let you know how I go. I haven't heard any negative feedback so far on the site but have just been told to be sure, sure, sure of the donors. It sounds too me like Emma has NO tolerance for donors offering NI and acts quickly if this is what donors are offering which is fantastic. If you decide to go down this path can you keep me posted also on how you are finding it all???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the group Mumstheword88 and good luck with your research with FSDW.

Nelle7250 - I am sure you are happy to have your little girl home- hope the weigh in went well.

Goldie - sorry to hear your news :-( take care, we have to keep believing it will happen

Wishmeluck - my cycle buddy -when do you go back to the FS? Fingers crossed there is at least one egg for you.

Me: After my first ultrasound showing small follicles (5mm) Thursday was much better- there are a few around 10-11mm and one on the left was at 14mm. So they started me on the 0.5ml of Orgalutran and I go back tomorrow for another BT and US with hopefully a egg collection on Wednesday, all going well.

Hi to anyone I have missed and hope you had a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Single and Donor Sperm

Would anybody be annoyed or offended if I posted about the donor I used. I would like to find others who have used the same donor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Brook- have you tried the donor sibling registry? I found DDs half sisters on there.

Lily- I had an amnio. My risk was 1:500, where as 1:300 is classed as high risk of downs. It was a bit too close for me, given my eggs were 31 at conception the risk should have been much better. I absolutely agonised over it. I had always thought i would terminate a pregnancy if the child had downs, which I know makes me sound like a cold hearted b1tch, but I'm not ignorant of the work involved and the quality of life they lead. Some downs sufferers have great lives. But some dont. You just don't know the severity of it until much further down the track.

However when I was pregnant there was no way I wanted to terminate even if the amnio had come back positive. I would have had to seriously think and my family would have put a lot of pressure on me to abort (my mum teaches mentally disabled children so she's aware of what's involved).

I'm glad I had it done as it really was nothing and I could relax for the rest of the pregnancy. I had some cramping when I moved after the procedure but it fixed itself overnight. I went to a private clinic as I was warned in a public hospital I might get a trainee. Happy to discuss it more if you want to PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    I have posted this on a separate thread but thought I would place it here too as I am sure many of you may be able to assist me with this!

I might be going down the IVF path in the very near future but think I have been mislead about the total costs involved. They always make ot sound like you will pnly be about $4000 - 5000 out of pocket. My phi won't kick in until next year so I add another $1500 on top of that. I have allowed about $7000 at the most for out of pocket costs. I JUST may be able to afford that (so this would be my one and only chance at IVF) however I was having a casual conversation today with a lady currently going through a treatment (she has no idea of my plans) and she was telling me that it will cost them about $8000 plus (out of pocket) as medications are very expensive and if you are fortunate to get pregnant then you have to spend about another $1000 on other medication that PBS or medicare does not cover.

So now I am extremely concerned about all the hidden costs of IVF and have been very upset that I may have to give up my plans as I am 39 (single mother) and I don't have time on my side anymore and certainly cannot save anymore as I was fortunate to come into that very small amount of money to begin with.
    Can anyone shed any light on this please?? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Storm girl
    So many things are variable. Our OOP costs for our first cycle were $4700 but we didn't get past egg collection and our second will be about $5000 up to transfer. All in all we have to have about $10000 available for each cycle before rebates as these can take from days to weeks to come back. Your best bet would be to find someone who uses the same clinic and FS to get an idea of what your costs will be. Don't forget donor sperm costs if you need to use one. These can be quite expensive too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roxy - good luck for egg collection tomorrow. Fingers crossed for lots of lovely mature A grade eggs

Nelle - I hope your little family are travelling along well and that Emelia is putting on weight.

Goldie - How are you hun? What are your plans for another cycle?

Lily - I hope you're sleeping again now. Did you make any decision about the amnio? Such a tough one to make.

Stormgirl - IVF is definitely expensive but I hope you find a way to make it work for you. If you got pregnant naturally last year, your AMH may get you through until your private health insurance kicks in.

Mumstheword - woo hoo - how exciting - choosing a donor. Let us know how you get on.

Babydust - how is your donor selection going? We want details!!

Leanne - how soon before you start your top of the Wazza, all singing and dancing cycle?

Hope - How is Molly? I hope you are both well and happy.

Sugarberry - Hugs to the lovely Indi. What's she up to now at ?3 months?

Micca - I saw that Arabella wasn't well this week. I hope she gets better soon. Big hugs. How are you feeling about this cycle? Well done on the weight loss too!!

Hi to anyone I've missed

AFM Cycle progress is slow and pathetic. Another blood test tomorrow which will let me know whether to keep using my stomach as a dart board. Day 11 of stims today. for some higher estrogen levels tomorrow. I think I'm going to can the Clomid next cycle. Seems to muck me around and ironically I have less estrogen and more bizarre timing of follicles appearing after I've been on it! Pretty sure that's not what it's supposed to do.

Have a great night everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wish....... thinking of you tomorrow for your bloodtest...fingers crossed for some progress... ditching the clomid sounds like a good plan to me.

roxy..fingers crossed for a good egg pick up tomorrow...

stormgirl... you can go to cheaper clinics depending on where you are... sydney has westmead fertility clinic run out of the hospital.. OOP is around $800 and anaesthetic fee is free as it is done in a public hospital..they have a very good lab and very good success rates. Brisbane has something similar with springhill fertility clinic.
    If you choose to fly to these..then you can do all the monitoring at home and then just go in for the egg pick up and transfer.
    if you have a donor from a site you can bring him with you to these places.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Micca

I rang the fertility group at Springwood a while ago and they don't do IVF there if using donor sperm
    No one ever tells you about the hidden costs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wish how did yr bt go today?? I have everything crossed that yr moving along nicely??? Let us know how you went

Stormgirl it's so hard Hun and so expensive good luck with your journey I hope you find somewhere suitable

Roxy how did you go today with your egg collection? I'm hoping it was a great haul!!!

Micca great effort with the weight loss it's so so hard that's great thank you for the info the other day I haven't been on to say thanks again

Sugar how are you and Indi going??

Hope I hope yr both well

Afm well I have had a spanner thrown in the works as I called my nurse yesterday and apparently there is a saizen shortage so I can't start my cycle until I get that so I'm currently in a holding pattern waiting to hear from my fs if it's going to effect my stem cell treatment and what happens from here???? I'm spewing as I was all geared up to get started as soon as af arrived!!! Now I'm in limbo!!!!!!