Closed Thread
Page 137 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1497
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wish me luck, the accupunture worked a treat, I ended up having a 29 day cycle, I'm going back in two weeks for 2nd visit, massage was great , it releases toxins from your body, but I'm stuck for weight loss ATM , I've lost over 20 kgbut not loosing more, I think I need to increase my medication diabex, just waiting to get back to family planning in three weeks and then to qfg august 8th , hopefully the laws have changed so you can import sperm by then !! As here there is a waiting list , but it's worth the wait I've been ttc for many years now ,so much to consider with Medicare and private , don't know if I should wait till January to try so it's a new Medicare yr, and if I have a or excisting condition regards to private health , I'll have to write my questions down and ask the nurses at qfg ,

Hi to every one good luck to those cycling ATM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    I got my blood test results yesterday and my amh level is only at a 6. The fs said that anything below 7 means that it will he harder to fall pregnant so I am very gutted right now.
    He still wants me to try IUI twice before going on to IVF but financially I just don't think I could do IVF. Its about $10,000 up front as I have to pay for the sperm donor and I have no private health cover. I feel so deflated, I would never get a loan for that amount. I also have to decide whether to take up private health insurance now just in case.
    Hope everyone else out there has more positive news than myself right now?? I wish you all the best :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, I'm in KL at the moment visiting friends and it is muggier than Cairns is in summer (and certainly alot more smog!) but it is nice to take a break.

StormGirl - I can remember how down I was when I got an AMH result of 3.8 in April, I went through with ICSI (thanks to Mr Visa) and got a BFP. I realise I have a long way to go yet and I have everything crossed but it shows that you do have a good chance of getting a BFP and it is important not to lose hope. Private health insurance - I believe you have to be insured for 12 months for it to be used during birth at hospital and for the IVF in hospital costs I paid the $500 excess, as you are looking at going through this soon it may not be worthwhile but perhaps check with a few companies to find out. I could only use the fund to rebate on about 6 x accupuncure treatments and am now paying full price. Regarding finances, is there anyone in your family/friends that could assist to loan you part of the payment? Best wishes to you for whatever you decide.

Babydust - pleased to hear the accupuncture went well. I'm finding very useful for stress (work related and pregnancy related) and well worth the extra cost. Good for you on losing 20kgs!! You can plateau after losing so much weight so perhaps try to add an extra 15min walk to see if you can kickstart it again. Drinking peppermint tea and green tea together is also a great metabolism and digestive system boost so I reccomend giving it a go. I wish i had lost more weight before going through ivf this time.

Nelle- only a few days to go for you - I'm so excited for you!!! Great to hear bubs weight is increasing and I am really impressed by how much you are offering to the donor to be involved.

Wish - thanks for your post. I am up and down at the moment but trying to stay positive. I thought the 2WW was hard enough but this is proving to be even more stressfull. Fingers crossed for your cycle - 5 follicles is great. I only had 3 by the time of egg collection and only 2 were viable so this is super positive!

Roxy - welcome to the thread. Picking the donor was one of the hardest things I had to do, in the end I went with AUS donor and my main factors in the decision was the fact that the donor had fathered 2 of his own children and had another 2 x successful pregnancies for women he had donated to
    (and the family health history was ok) so I recommend keeping this in mind when you choose as it worked for me.

Micca – how are you going? I was overwhelmed with the vitamins and herbs I had to take leading into this and good for you on trying to eat healthy. It’s hard to stay on track and a little bit of chocolate won’t hurt. You have 3 months to prepare yourself – I’ve also found that visualisation cd’s work. My accupunture therapist created a cd based on the cycle she was on. If you want a copy please inbox me and I will make a copy and send it to you. If anything it relaxed me every night before I went to bed and helped me sleep all the way through.

Leanne – I haven’t heard from you in a while so I hope everything is going well with you.

AFM – Officially 6 weeks today and morning sickness (umm all day sickness) really kicked in a few days ago. Mostly really bad nausea (not physically sick) and very happy I am not at work at the moment. I have been experiencing cramping pain for the past couple of weeks and I am doing my head in looking on the internet for reasons every time, I’m going with the fact that my body is stretching and preparing for the baby and praying every spare second that this is true. I go in for my 7week scan on the 5th July and will feel much better when I get that far. As I had 2 embyies transferred I am not sure if I will get to see if there is 1 or 2 little ones there but I hope whatever I do see is positive. I have devoured about 6 books already on pregnancy (one including twin pregnancy) and I am sure there will be more to come.

To everyone else, I hope all is going well with your individual journeys.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lily75 For This Useful Post:

Baby dust  (28-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Lily my fingers and toes are crossed for you. I am surprised they put the 2 embryos in?? I thought they only did one at a time in Aust.

Roxy, welcome! picking the donor is a big thing and yes, once it is done you will feel a whole lot better. Its a big step on this path.

Babydust, you have done an amazing job losing 20kg!! maybe your body just needs to plateau and settle with a big change for a little while.

Stormgirl, I used xytex in the USA and on top of paying the optional extra $195 to have full access to the profiles (valid for 3 months) it cost me $534 to have a straw sent to the FC. a local donor would have been $200 but there were only 3 of these to choose from. I am up to about $5.5k with sperm and the medical testing i did at the start with about $1200 to pay for the day surgery to go for the first cycle. This without the use of my private health but I'm not covered for IVF so dont expect to get much for the day surgery. I have to pay about $3200 on the ET day but this is 100% rebated by medicare they say within 5 days. we'll see. AMH of 6 is still good, you're still in with a chance. How much is the IUI?

Hi to every one else.

AFM, i finally ovulated for tues BT and now will start the synarel this tuesday. Sort of relieved it is about to start but understandably nervous.
    Was at the house of a sick child the other day and on the wall was 2 framed POAS with twin pink lines and 2 pics of embryos with the dates and names. sort of weird but sort of cute?????

hope you all have a nice restful weekend.
    Goldie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldielocks For This Useful Post:

Baby dust  (01-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All!! Its been so long since I have checked in, time just seems to get away from me, I cant believe its July!!Indiana is almost 10 weeks old (cant believe it!), she is smiling and giving little laughs, she has grown so much and is now 6kgs (was 4.1 at birth)!! Im loving being her mummy, its the most wonderful job I have ever had. We are both sick at the moment unfortunately, I have had the flu for a week and little miss is all snuffly and started coughing last night (I have to say, its cute when she sneezes). But other than that, loving every minute :-)Hope - you must be so close to meeting your little girl, so excited for you!!Nelle - have you had your bubs now? I cant wait for the news!!Micca - I hope your keeping warm in the snow and enjoying that chocolate of course.Wish - thinking of you hunny, hugs. I do hope your new cycle is going well, my fingers are crossed for you hun.Lily - congratulations, so very exciting!!!! Its very normal to be worried, I was so nervous during the first 3 months, all the pains are normal too its just your body getting prepared for the bubs to grow lovely and big. Good luck with your scan this week, wonder if there is one or two? I wish you a wonderful pregnancy.Welcome to the lovely new ladies, I hope you all have successful journey's.I hope everyone else is doing well in their journey, I cant wait to hear some more good news, I know there is lots more to come.Im sorry if Ive missed anyone, I know I have, but its taken me a while to write this short message as Indi doesnt like it when Im on the computer and likes to interupt!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm, sorry my post isnt formatted properly, it was when I posted it, looks like the site doesnt like me tonight!! Sorry its hard to read!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    lily... glad you are enjoying KL... sounds like a nice break, I found that the wait for the uss was sooooooo long and hard.... sounds like it will be positive as you have all good symptoms of pregnancy. Good luck with your scan tomorrow...

Sugar,.
    . you sound like a happy yummy mummy... the fun really starts from now on as these little people start communicating and taking notice of the world..and loving mum of course... soon she will be doing her first roll...

wish... how are you going? you must be close to egg pick up..or have you had it already??

blueangel..
    . sounds like a good plan you have... the time will fly... who knows we may end up cycling together.

nelle.
    ..anyday now... you are so close...the final countdown... thinking of you

roxy.... welcome to this thread...lets hope you only have a short time with the ttc train...

Goldie...woohoo you are on the ivf train... lets hope that you have a great cycle.... I have DDs pictures of her blasts... and the positive tests..lol.. not sure I would put them on the wall though..lol

Stormgirl..
    . an AMH of 6 is still pretty good in this world of IVF... however I do think that you would be wasting your money with iui ... the out of pocket cost is about the same as ivf and you definately have a higher chance of success... 10% with IUI and about 40+% with ivf...

babydust
    ... glad that your weight loss has been going so well..pat yourself on the back for that.

hi to anyone I have missed...

So plodding and plodding... drinking my green smoothies high in wheat grass, barely grass and spiralina... AF arrived... after a long 43 days since my miscarriage my hormones were a bit wacky so I wonder if it was anovulatory cycle... so I am now just waiting to see what happens with the next one..Im taking my chinese herbs so we shall see... I need AF mid august.. so it will all be a waiting game to see how things line up... on days off now so time to do a bit of exercise and relax and catch up with some sleep...
    my diet is going well... 10 days and no white flour and no refined sugar... but I have the cravings at odd times..lol... like tonight.. Ive lost 1kg so far and not really even trying to loose weight... so that is great....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to micca For This Useful Post:

BlueAngel71  (05-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your wishes and words of wisdom, much apprecaited :-)
    I actually would prefer to go straight to IVF but apparently I have to try IUI twice to be classed as 'medically infertile' to be able to get the medicare rebate for IVF otherwise they don't cover for 'social infertility' (ie "no man!!). So looks like I have no choice unless I had the money.
    I am also debating on getting a second opinion from another fs, did anyone else out in bub hub world do this??
    Also can any Brisbane/Gold Coast women recommend a good fs around here. I am currently going through City Fertility.
    Thanks
    All the best for everyone out there, lets hope all our dreams come true xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    storm... I go to queensland fertility group... they are all fabulous...great theatres and lab. dr malloy dr karen watson is very good.basically they are all pretty good. if you tell them you had a boyfriend and have been trying for a year with no luck and then the relationship ended over this they will then legally be able to class you as medically infertile... afterall if you are in a marriage that is all you need to say... most FS want to medicare rebate you if they can. god knows its expensive enough.

http://qfg.com.au/fertility-speciali...tility-doctors

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Micca
    I thought they were more expensive (QFG)?? Also they told me on the phone that they have no donor sperm at the moment avaialble so that is why I went with City Fertility.