Closed Thread
Page 132 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1497
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Chan, semen allergy popped straight into my mind when i read your post. not common but out there. Which would be a bummer for that particular donor. If you havent had a reaction with previous partner(s) with unprotected s3x. A visit to the GP/FS would be my recommendation to assess and hopefully help with your reaction, both physically and stress. Or I just thought, the equipment u used to do the AI may have something in it (like latex) that you are sensitive to. The problem if it is an allergy, each time you are exposed the body can ramp up its reactions.

Micca, thanks for the PM with my new shopping list - OMG, I will have to sit down with the vitamins etc at home to check off and work out the others to buy. Thanks, I read on a thread somewhere about eating kiwi fruit too, lucky i like that. I have had problems with the elevit, I think it's the iron content as previously FeFol made my guts very uncomfortable. can only take half an elevit but a normal multi vit with the rest of the dose of folic acid is ok. I was thinking accupuncture as well. eek! I only like the blunt end of the needle. I perloined some emla cream for the injections.

BlueAngel, it seems from your issues that is another reason I am glad I chose a donor with open disclosure, I imagine that should negate that problem??? What a pain for you though! Sorry that AF arrived.

Kismet, I loved the 'BFFN' instead of a 'BFN', sounds much more appropriate in this situation!

To all of you with various lurgys. I hope you recover quickly.

AFM, got the email to book in for paper signing next week which will probably do on Tuesday to fit in with my shifts, then waiting for AF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Micca - not entirely sure as I've only heard bits and pieces from someone in my support group, but I will be looking into it. Currently I can only get the same donor shipped from Vic to my clinic as I already have a child, otherwise my clinic can no longer get sperm from Vic as their legislations changed when I was pregnant and they won't supply interstate anymore unless you already have a child. There have also been changes as to when you can apply to be able to contact the donor, one of the mums in my support group has recently found out who the donor daddy is to her DD who is 5 and had contact with him, and also how many other siblings have been produced on the donor program.

Blue - I did bellydancing for about 12 years before I had Evie and yes it's pretty nerve wracking dancing in front of a crowd, but you eventually get use to it. I loved it, it was a great 'destress' outlet. I haven't done any since Evie was born, simply haven't had the time and can't get babysitters at night to do any classes. My intention was to keep teaching after DD arrived but still don't have the time to plan classes etc even for the daytime, so my fitness level has flopped. I've also dabbled in a bit of latin, love that too and would like to get into it more, it keeps you superfit, oh well perhaps later down the track I'll get too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi every one
    I'm so excited I've lost 5 kgs in last 2 weeks, and the diabex isn't affecting me any more, I'm worried about these laws changing, I thought the Australian goverment wanted a increase in population, hence baby bonuses and extra help with families having time of work, I'm going throu qfg in Townsville and not many sperm donors, so I needed to import some , I wonder if I could purchase some from another qfg that has more supply get it transferred up here, I was hoping to do iui but apparently I should do ivf, just thought there was a huge price difference that's all, well I hope the laws change soon , for the better, I was thinking of starting a petition to write a letter to parliament , too bad you can't just fly and collect the sperm your self and bring it back, hmmm or can you

Any one know much about private health and pre-existing ailment? Apparently if I'm not pre existing condition I can claim after two months of membership cover wich will be June 11th, to cover my surgical for ivf .
    Lots of baby dust to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF v IUI

Hi,
    BDust, my clinic quote $3450 IVF with o/s sperm and $2920 IUI with o/s sperm. $3180 IVF local sperm, $2670 IUI for fresh cycle. for subsequent FET cycles are $1120. Now I was told my clinic will only do IVF with donor sperm as they can hopefully get more than one embryo, eg more than one shot at it as apposed to IUI which uses all the sperm in one go. So the money is close. these prices are dependant on the A$ with sperm at $450 approx. Now this just cost me $570 with shared delivery and freight for one straw. I am just about to leave work and will double check and put another message up making it a bit clearer. but in short the price isnt that much different with ?higher success with IVF??

Back soon.

Goldie

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldielocks For This Useful Post:

Baby dust  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are these prices before rebates or after rebates, I have to find out if you just pay the gap or do you pay the lot and wait for rebates, I think you gotta pay a lot more upfront hey?

Thanks goldilocks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby please- the whole process was fantastic. Of course we were both a bit nervous before we met, but that soon subsided. He is such an awesome guy and he made the process a breeze. Very very pleased with my choice!!

Goldielocks: yeah I have made an appt with gp to investigate allergy. We will see what happens.

Afm: I have come down with a head cold, so am exhausted. Been sleeping lots and yawning even more. My folks are taking me to a baby expo tomorrow, to keep me focused I think, a lil disheartened with the reaction I think. Will talk tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    babydust... if you are using OS sperm then ivf is definatley more cost effective with a higher take home rate per cycle than IUI.. all clinics seem to make you pay upfront first
    congrats on the weight loss.... I so have to do the same thing,
    well AF has finally shown her face... I can now move forward and stop all the worrying about what if I needed a D&C etc... so I guess its a miscarrage at 7 weeks... sigh..
    but Im now on my health kick.. I cleaned out the pantry today and my freezer of a lot of unhealthy crap food... Ill make a shopping list shortly.. planning to eat lots of veges... bought a fertility diet book... and loaded up the vitamin box... so now I just have to loose about 6kg and then I will be healthy... 3 months to do it.. 2kg a month...think I could cope with that... if some chocolate does not get in the way... and funnily enought I dont usually eat chocolate at all... not a great fan of it...I think my biggest thing as been eating white bread again and the old oven fries...lol... so they are definately off the menu... except as a special treat only.
    so now to resume my health and vitality and start exercising again..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca ..... Thank you for your reply, sorry that your going throu hard time with your miscarriage, I know how your feeling , my last misscarage I went into a shell and ate my self 20 kgs heavier,
    I've recently lost 21 kgs all up now still loosing more, I've done a good detox of half lemon juice half water, I ended up going vegan, eating organic fruit veg, I've got another 10 to loose , or maybe 15, I'm cutting out white breads now, and pastas , cutting out soy and any processed foods, learning about a low Gi diet , and low cab . I've got 3 months also as my appointment is in August , good luck with your weight lose ,
    i feel this whole ivf is doing my head in all ready and it's only started for me, but it will be all worth it.

Baby dust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    This thread was recommended to me by a lovely fellow member
    I am 39 with a 9 year old daughter that I was lucky to conceive naturally. I have brought her up soley on my own from day one. Even though I have had a few relationships since, none have obviously worked out. I have realised how much I long for another child, thinking about this even keeps me awake at nights. I am sure you all relate to this. When I turned 39 in April I really started fearing my dream would never become a reality. I am now considering a sperm donor even though financially it may not be possible for me. I live near Brisbane so was hoping for any advice from anyone who has been in my shoes??
    I also feel very alone right now as I tried discussing this with a close friend but she seemed appalled at the idea of a sperm donor. But it's ok for her as she has a great partner and three kids. I also know my faily would NEVER approve so I would have to do this solely alone.
    Anyway, I wish everyone on this forum all my best and hope all your dreams come true in regards to creating your own wonderful family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome storm girl!!

You aren't doing this alone you have the bubhub family to support you along the way. I know it's not the same but it helps trust me. My parents are really supportive but I can imagine what my younger sister would say, so guess what... I'm not telling her!! Lol. Sometimes some people can never understand the yearning for a child!!! My sister unfortunately is one of them!!

Anyway finances wise, all my inseminations cost me is a hotel room for a couple of nights.... For as many cycles as I need to get my lil belly bean!! I hope you find a way that works for you.

Welcome again!!