Closed Thread
Page 129 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1497
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, he sounds like a great guy! Births, Deaths and Marriages weren't that bad, you only have to fill out a stat dec stating you don't know the father of your child. But my advice seriously is lying to Centrelink. Horrible people there, at least the ones I dealt with.

I wasn't as good as Chan and read through everyone's back posts, I'm just going to wing it so apologies if I do double up on anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah he is very nice. I'm glad I found him. He is also willing to donate for subsequent babies also. Which I like, my babies will be full brothers/sisters and I only have to deal with one donor daddy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - I am so sorry about today's results and that you have had what appears to be a chemical pregnancy... I had such high hopes for you being the first person in our group to have a BFP this year and had my fingers crossed for you all the way. A ski season sounds like it could be fun... I've only every been skiing once and spent more time on my rear end than I did standing up skiing!!

Sugar - Your Mother's Day sounded wonderful!!! I think that that's what I probably regret the most. My grandmother passed away in August last year and I wish that I had started this earlier so that she could have met any child that I might possibly have. She was so excited when I told her in February last year that I was looking at doing this!

Wise Enough and chan79 -Hello

Kismet - I'm not on any progesterone support at all... Didn't need anything this cycle other than the IUI.... Hmmmm no really clear signs of implantation I don't think so I'm not particularly hopeful for this cycle.

Goldie - My donor sperm was from Xytex in the USand they say that the quality of the sperm is good enough for IUI. It's supposed to be the good stuff!!! I had pictures and a pretty full profile to choose from before I made my choice and picked my donor. QFG charge $950 for the sperm and I guess that includes the full profiles. I had 12 profiles to pick from.... I so agree with you about the donors being half your age..... I told my mother and my best friend that I was having trouble picking as they were all so young, gees if I'd had a baby at the same age as some of my cousins they could have been the same age as my donor!!! It really freaked me out a bit... I kept thinking they were too young and I couldn't pick one, it took my friend to remind me that I wasn't dating them I was just using their sperm. Still took me sooo long to get my head around it all.

Wish - I hope that you were able to sort things out with your FS with regards to those follicles that showed up on your scan last week.

Hi to everyone else that I haven't mentioned above... I hope that you are all well.

AFM - I'm still in the TWW and am not really sure whether anything is happening. I'm thinking that I am going to be getting a BFN when I have my blood test or even POAS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome baby dust. Wise enough and chan79 this is a great thread and I hope your journeys are all short and sweet

Micca as I said on the other thread my heart goes out to you it totally sucks enjoy your pity party and I'm looking forward to cycling with you in September cycle buddies

Blue I hope yur doing ok on the TWW and try to stay away from testing until at least 2 days b4 your bt or else you will do your head in

Kismet I'm so sorry bout your parents and I'm hoping it's not all too hard to deal with for you Hun thinking of you heaps xx

Sugar how perfect was your mothers day it would have been wonderful there are not many people that get to have 4 generations together

Wish how did you go with your follies did you speak to the fs??

Afm hmm date the jury is still out he talks so much!!!! I will wait and see if I hear from him as I'm just not sure
    I have started my new dhea and we will just wait and see???

Today I booked a nice trip to the islands off Bali and I'm very excited

Hello to anyone I have missed sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chan - welcome :-)

I too have done the AI and if u look back on this thread there is a funny cartoon I posted about it that explains everything lol

I have an excellent donor over here who is so bloody accommodating, he is a saint, and I also do IVF and him in between. Although I have a rest last month.

Will chat more when I'm not on my phone, but I certainly didn't tell mum lol she would be horrified ha ha IVF she can handle but not AI. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your cOmment baby please.

Donors actually amaze me, the ones I have spoken to have just been incredible. I had an appt with my doc and he gave me an idea of what dates he thought would be best for insemination, which were different to my original dates. When I told my donor, he was so unbelievably accommodating. He makes me feel so comfortable with the process. As for telling my parents, I thought I would have got a negative reaction from my dad, but he is so supportive of me. He has gotten right into the whole baby thing. He even bought me a ill pair of Hawthorn booties the other week, which nearly made me cry. And if you knew my dad, you'd understand why I was so touched. Anyway I am off to find this cartoon.

I hope everyone's journeys are going well and I hlook forward to reading your updates!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies

Micca - so sorry hon, sending you huge hugs (can't get little fellas down below to work). I'm sure your little angel Arabella is getting loads more hugs from you & keeping your spirits up.

Leanne - oh well, perhaps he was nervous, I know when I'm attracted to someone I get really nervous and babble on and on. Oooo, very jealous of your Bali trip.

Welcome to all the newbies!
    Chan - I belong to a single mums doing ivf support group where someone in the group did AI with a known donor, it took her 3 attempts to be successful, she also has a contract but has been warned it may not be worth the paper it's written on if the donor decides to take any action for his rights but that was some time ago, alot of so called legislations have changed recently. Have you met your donor in person yet or will you be meeting him for the 1st time when you go to Melbourne for the AI?

Wish - I actually think her behaviour changes have alot to do with her COPD and have researched the net about it and it seems to fit, but have been told by her respiratory dr otherwise. What ever is causing it I just have to learn how to deal with it.

Have been MIA due to being really ill and my laptop has crapped itself and I've just been able to fire up my old dinosour pc to get on here. I've had cluster migranes, 40 deg temps and vomitting up until yesterday. My dr did some bloods to see if I have an infection or whatever but they were clear and she says if I get more headaches and vomitting she wants me to have a scan. But I'm feeling much better today, just really tired and now have a cough & congestion, so I'm thinking I have had some weird viral thing. It's been horrendous, wouldn't wish it on anyone. Bye for now, got to go to bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet I hope you feel better soon hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kismet, sorry to hear you are not feeling the best. I hope they get onto it ASAP and that you are back to good health soon.

I haven't met my donor in person yet, will do so on tuesday when I go down for insemination. We have been grilling each other constantly the past month or so through email, so I know a lot about him. I'm used to Internet based socializing, I did Internet dating for 3 years. I like to think I can pick the stooges. Anyway I'm happy with my selection but I suppose all will tell next week.

As for agreement, I have heard similar things although I haven't heard of any cases where the custody issue has arisen. having a good relationship with your donor is the key I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Kismet, hope you're on the right side of the hump in your illness. I went to a 55yo lady in the community yesterday, I have seen her as a patient a couple months ago at her marital house and she is now in a nursing home with severe dementia and other problems, I feel for her husband/family who are coming to terms with it and the early age this has all happened. They are still working thru it but atleast they know she is in a 'safe' place and were sounding a lot less stressed about her. Just keep on doing one foot in front of the other. Dont forget to look after yourself somewhere too!

chan79, how does it work with regards to communicable diseases? does the donor get tested for you and supply evidence to that? Good luck for Tuesday!

Blue angel, my clinic only had 3 to choose from and one was from an ethnic background I'm not comfortable with, though I think they are only $200.

Wise enough, welcome! I am one of the other newbies.

Micca, I hope you have had the worst of the pity party.

AFM, I have shortlisted to about 9-10 donors and educated Mum on navigating the profiles to give me some input.

Goldie.