Closed Thread
Page 128 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1497
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wise Enough - welcome to our lovely singles thread I hope number 2 comes quickly for you.

Sugar - lovely to hear from you hun. So happy to hear you had a wondeful first Mother's Day I can only imagine how special that was for you.

Micca - thinking of you hun. Wishing you all the very best for your beta tomorrow. Come on little one!! Stay sticky

Kismet - Sorry again for all the stress you're going through right now. COPD does complicate things for your Mum and will no doubt be contributing to her anxiety too. Is she able to benefit from any relaxation therapies or would that be a bit challenging for her now? So hard when you're dealing with multiple problems. I hope you're feeling better soon too

Leanne - OK girlie spot!! What gives? We're waiting for details! How was the date?! I hope it was wonderful for you.

Hi everyone else

Wish
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to forums, would love to join your thread...

Hi I am single, 27 and ttc my first baby with the help of donor sperm.

U have been reading through this thread and thought I might fit in here!!

I'm going to re read in an effort not to ask stupid questions.

Chat soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chan

Welcome to the world of Bubhub and our lovely single ladies thread. We've had a lot of newbie members lately and it's terrific that we can all lend support to each other. Ask any questions you need to and if we can help you we will.

All the best for your journey.

Wish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome wish.

Just finished reading All 128 pages of history. You ladies are so brave and courageous.

I'm not sure I am in the right place though. I have selected a donor but I am self inseminating at home, for a number of reasons. I don't want to hijack this thread. But i need to talk about the ups and downs of conception with someone other than my parents. Dont get me wrong, they are super supportive and very excited to become grand parents for the first time, but there are somethings I can't bring myself to talk to them about.

I have my first insemination next week. I am feeling so many different things at the moment. Mainly fear of disappointment, but excitement at the same time. I think mum expects that it will work first time, but I know a bit about the success rate of home insemination. Anyway enough rambling.

Do you think I could keep chatting here or if not, can you reccommend another forum....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chan- I'm really curious as to how home insemination works (not the gory details, I kind of get that bit!). Is the donor from a clinic or someone you know? Are you doing an ovulation kit to know when to do it? I think regardless of your method of getting pregnant many people think it will work first time, your mum isn't alone there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    results back... confirm chemical pregnancy
    stopped all meds now and await AF

19dpo 133
    21dpo 135

oh dear
    so let the pity party begin !!!!!!!!!!
    all suggestions will be trialed and reported on ...lol..
    so it looks like I will have a ski season and cycle in sept...
    now just have to organise day care and season pass...

will repeat the bloods next week to be sure that the beta is dropping...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca- that really sucks.
    Some pity party suggestions:
    -ice cream with condensed milk on top.
    - mani and pedi. I always feel better with pretty toes
    - long hot bath with a trashy romance novel, glass of champers, and a bowel of smarties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear that micca!! I'd definitely be going with wise's pity party suggestions. But you better throw a bit of chocolate into the mix.

Wise- here's a basic run down of how it works:
    I selected a donor through a website. I have regular email contact with him so we both know lots about each other. we also have a known donor contract which protects our rights and that of my proposed bubba.
    My cycle is pretty regular so my doc has indicated a preferred insemination period... I also use an ovulation tracker app.
    I then notify my donor of the days for insemination. For this month it is 15/16/17th
    i will then book a hotel in melb as that's where the donor lives, and I live in northern Vic.
    And then if all goes to plan I inseminate 3 times over 3 days and hope like hell something happens lol

I too would love it if it worked first time also, but I am not getting my hopes up.
    I'm worried my mum will be shattered if it doesn't happen straight away. I plan on trying this for 6 months before exploring other options.

Ok so that wasn't so brief after all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chan: so will the donor have any contact with bubs afterwards or does he walk away? Sorry for being so nosy. I had a lot of trouble with Centrelink does your contract cover that? I would seriously consider lying next time, it would be easier, saying a one night stand and I don't know his name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He has just asked to be notified of the birth, update once a year and contact after 18. However he is also willing to meet up once a year from birth to 18, upon my request. The only reason I brought this up is because I don't want my child to grow up not knowing who her/his father is, sense of self etc.

Uts in the contract that he doesn't get listed on the birth certificate. So I will just be putting unknown on it. Don't know how that will go down with centre link.

Dont stress about being nosey... It's good to share and I'm glad you are interested