Page 127 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1497
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    got results... not looking good pointing to a chemical pregnancy

16dpo 67
    21dpo 133

so not really good , its taken 5 days to double...

knocked the wind out of my sails... after all I had some hope
    will do another beta on weds.. maybe it was just a hiccup.. we will see,...not looking very good though... more chemical pregnancy rather than not.

oestrogen and progesterone good...

so planning my pity party.. going to the supermarket tomorrow...mmmmmm
    sigh,,,nothing is ever flippin easy is it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh micca :-( I would give anything to see two lines just once! And u have it and now think it may be taken away. Devastated for you i have everything crossed that the numbers start jumping.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to baby please For This Useful Post:

micca  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - really sorry your numbers weren't what you were hoping for today. Chem pregnancies are really cruel. I hope that it may be just a hiccup but if not that you take some small comfort from your pity party.

Baby Dust - welcome! I hope your IVF journey is a short one for you
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 14-05-2012 at 23:11.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

Baby dust  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Micca - $hit, so sorry matey , really hoping it's just a hiccup. If I could find my notes on my pregnancy I'll let you know how my hcg went, it was lower than yours and I think it was slow in doubling to begin with. It's so $hitful when this happens., eat all the comfort food you want

Wish - just wondering how do you diagnose someone with dementia? My mum has had a ct scan and it only showed mild generalised atrophy which they said is pretty normal for her age (72) and she passed all the tests with the geriatrician, only got I think 1 question wrong. I'm taking her for a 2nd opinion but it's not until July. For mother's day she bought me a card but it was a 'on the birth of your daughter' card that she meant to give me when Evie was born and she signed it from nana and pop...quite a blooper, but we had a joke about it.

Blue - yay for being PUPO! try not to go too nuts over the 2ww, it can get to you sometimes. The best POAS is 1st Response, from what I've been told. I hate them though, I did it once and was shattered to see it fade before my bt so vowed not to do it again but that's just me, I know lots of ladies that are POAS addicts. Are you on any progesterone support? sometimes they give you similar signs to being pregnant and can trick you so don't read into it too much, however it you aren't, well from my experience, I got quite a bit of cramping and some light pink spotting when I fell pregnant around day 9 or 10 which can be implantation signs. Try to keep yourself busy so you aren't too focused on what's happening with your body and don't go out of your mind, easier said then done though. Good Luck, I have everything crossed for you.

Babydust - welcome to our thread. Hope this ttc journey is short and sweet after all you've been thru. I also have PCOS, it's a pretty crappy thing to have, if you need to ask me anything feel free. Best of luck.

Hope all the mummy's had a great mother's day, particularly you Sugar being your 1st! It's such a blessing. To all the single ladies on the ttc roller coaster, I sincerely hope you get to celebrate it one day

Sorry i haven't replied to everyone, not feeling the best atm, think I'm coming down with a pretty nasty cold. BBL.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

Baby dust  (15-05-2012),micca  (14-05-2012),SugarBerry  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kismet

Diagnosis of dementia is multifactorial. The CT is one part, neuropsych testing another, and functional assessment and collateral history from family another component. CT scans more often than not on older adults, unless the atrophy (shrinkage) is significant, come back saying age related involutional changes. In other words, a normal ageing brain. Not really helpful. What we often find is that memory deficits, behavioural problems and sometimes personality change often come before any sign is seen on CT scan. The neuropsych assessments take many hours to complete and are a thorough battery of cognitive assessment tests which assess most domains of brain functioning. The results are used in conjunction with the history of decline, CT scan and current functioning ability to give a more accurate diagnosis about the presence and/or type of dementia. Is there a memory clinic attached to your local Hospital maybe? Most geriatricians I know tend to do basic bedside testing such as the Mini Mental State Exam (30 questions), in addition to the medical tests but the MMSE won't really give much information if you're relatively high functioning to begin with. I've had people who have been quite incapacited who have scored highly on this. Feel free to PM if you want more info. I hope you feel better soon!

Wish
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for warm welcome, i hope my ivf is also a short one, I've been single for over a year now, my last partner I found out he was married, so I ended it, before that I had rotten luck with men, never found my prince, so I thought about being a single parent by choice and I thought a lot over last few years if I didn't find some one suitable I would do it and I decided for sure the other day when I found out I had pcos, I'm nearly 30 been trying for baby since I was 15 nearly 16, I know that's young but I what this desire to be a mummy

Ive started taking diabex medication and suffering side effects all ready, bright yellow urine, sleepy, sore belly, nausiouse, but it will help with weight loss,

Back in November 2011 , I weighed 105 kgs, and altering my diet to exclude dairy, eggs, meats, and eating less processed foods I've got ton down to 89 kgs, so I've still got more to loose but getting there , now exercising by walking and drinking lots water but finding it hard to shift weight,

Any one else take diabex xr 500 or similar ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I'm single and donor sperm too. Already got one AMAZING little girl out of it, hoping to try for another soon.

I'm on metformin (a form of diabex) I believe). It's horrible stuff at the start making me tired and nauseous. Most of the symptoms have settled down except for one... I get 1 minutes notice of number 2s. That's never fixed itself.

Sorry, on iPhone so I can't see people's names. But the lady with the low HCG I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    BabyDust - welcome. Sounds like youve had a tough time, Im sorry about your losses . I really hope the IUI works for you. Well done on the weight loss too.

Blue - my fingers are crossed for you that those signs are all good ones !! Dont go too crazy, I found the second week of the 2ww the worst. I agree with Kismet, the First Response HPT's seem to be the best.

Micca - Im so sorry, chemical pergnancies are awful, you have so much hope and then its taken from you. I really do hope though that its just a slow little riser, for some good results on Wednesday.

Kismet - I hope your feeling better.

Wise Enough - welcome, I hope your IVF journey is short and sweet .

AFM - enjoyed a great Mother's Day, I spent it with my family but in particular with my mum and my 91 year old nana, it was great to see 4 generations together, my nana really enjoyed meeting her new little great grand-daughter . I hope all the other mums had a lovely special day too and all the mums in waiting got some cuddles from someone they love .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - thanks for that info,makes alot of sense as that is what I'm discovering. My mum has had a couple of 'melt downs' since early this year, her behaviour has been really out of control and more directed at my father but I copped it a couple of weeks ago, she also gets quite anxious and confused at times, so I am convinced she's in early stages of dementia after speaking to a dementia support line. She is also in severe stage of COPD which doesn't help when she forgets to get on her oxygen and take her medication, the other week she was obsessed with taking more than she needed and also took my father's heart medication, so I'm trying to keep a closer eye on her but it's hard.

Sugar - sounds like you had a very special day.

Babydust - I was diagnosed with PCOS at 24 so knew that I would have difficulty getting pregnant. I started to panic when I got to my 30's and found myself single again, then after that it was one disastrous relationship after another, then I found out about the single mum's using donor option in my mid 30's but wasn't sure that's what I wanted so it took me 2 years to decide and I started at 38. I SO wish I had started ealier after having such a hard time, it took me 12 cycles to get my daughter and I've just had a failed cycle trying for another baby. It looks like it's the end of my ttc journey being 43 now. So it's a good thing you are still quite young.
    I was put on metformin when I first started ivf and didn't really get any side affects and I lost some weight but the regained it with the IVF. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. It's a good idea to lower your carb intake particularly if you have insulin resistant - so hard to do because that's what you crave tenfold with PCOS. The cycle of just done I was put back on the metformin and it made me really sick for the 1st 2 months, don't know why it affected me this time, and I didn't lose any weight, was very disappointed with that .
    I got gestational diabetes when I was pregnant which was to be expected and was placed on a really good diet but also had to have insulin injections. I only put on 8 kgs during the pregnancy and lost 10 afterward but I did the unthinkable and didn't stick to my diet and have gained weight again. The diet only allowed me to have upto 45grms carbs for main meals and between 15-35grms for snacks, you still need some carbs. I had to avoid pasta and rice as it sent my insulin up and fruit juice, and soft drinks, not even diet drinks cos they are not very good for you or a growing baby. You quickly learn how to read labels on packaging. I could still have a little chocolate each day if I wanted but only say a couple of squares. Always eat fresh foods if you can, I sometimes got away with a macca's quarter pounder when the urge arised as the carb content was inside my allowance and I craved these when I was pregnant. No fries though .
    With your history of chem pregnancies and miscarriages I might suggest you get some blood tests done particularly for immunilogical reasons, sometimes out bodies have too many antibodies in our systems that interfer with falling pregnant and can cause chem pregnancies and miscarriages. I had a chem preg then a miscarriage at 10 weeks straight after each other then carried on with ivf for about 5 or 6 more cycles with nothing happening only to find on further investigation I had ANA antibodies which does what I've mentioned above. I was treated for it and finally got successful with a pregnancy. However it can just simply be because you have PCOS and that's why they put us on the metformin or diabex as it is suppose to reduce m/c by upto 80%.

Wise Enough - welcome to our thread and congratulations on your little girl. Yes PCOS sucks, I use to get that too and quite badly, hardly got any warning, my last cycle was awful, it would happen upto 4 times a day, thank goodness I don't work atm because I wouldn't have been able to hide that. Eventually settled though to the occasional bout. Currently weaning off the stuff, can't wait as I didn't have much trouble at all after DD was born.
    Sorry for TMI !

Feeling hideous poor Evie has to entertain herself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet- thank you for all the information , and your not wrong I crave hot chips and gravey, mmmmmm, and potato bake, chips and dips, but im working on it, I want to go raw vegan low cab diet, but it's taking time, I am all for older mothers, If I dont have a chance with my own eggs I'm going try sperm and egg donor if that's even possible for a single

Sugarberry- congrats on you having ur baby recently, must be getting cold there in Melbourne, I had my daughter in July in Sydney and it was cold as, but loved dressing her up snug as a bug

Wise enought- welcome to the thread

What a lovely thread

Next month I'm starting my acupuncture , and naturopath and possible remedial massage

Baby dust to all