Closed Thread
Page 12 of 150 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wish - yay!! great news hunny , EPU Monday, yay!!!! And as Leanne said, rest up and definately at least take the day off after EPU, you will be sore from it.
    I took 2 days off after EPU and the day off after ET so I could rest up. This transfer was an FET so took the day off after transfer too. It made me feel better to rest and relax, plus I watched Friends on DVD as its one show that always makes me laugh and they say its good to laugh after transfer!!

Enjoy your weekends ladies, Im heading away, so will catch up on Monday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, You wont believe this but I began to think I was the only one who needed to go it alone. Me and jennifer Lopez (back-up plan). I am just beginning this journey and still in the stage where telling anyone except my best friend petrifies me. I have judgmental parents and sister. I have two older sons (22, 17) who, although loving and caring of me are, as all youth, self absorbed, and will find this mind boggling. I am not usually the boat rocking kind of women, but turning 40 and hearing the clock clang is really getting to me. I have longed for a baby for years and its now or never. Before beginning on this journey I have assessed each man as a potential father instead of a partner. It is so freeing to make the decision to go it alone. I no longer have this heavy cloud about finding the right guy...NOW! I still however, in the back of my mind, worry about the fact that the little one wont have a dad in their life. Mind you, mine was not all that great. And my sons dad was poor quality. Maybe the fact that my sons will be living at home will compensate. Maybe fathers days can be poppy day as my dad is still around. Can you share how you deal with negative comments or how I can prepare for them. Also what I can say when hit with the no dad thing. Thank you so much for your help as my family will not be at all happy with this news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again, do you think being a christian is part of why taking this step is so hard. I have not really come to a conclusion as to what God would think of this. From this perspective he has provided people with the technology to be able to do it. He knows I did all I could do to keep my marriage together but DH was the multiple cheating variety. He knows the desire of my heart is to have a baby, and the right man has not miraculously appeared. Sorry to get religious but I just wanted some positive feedback as besides my wonderful, supportive best friend, I will really be alone on this journey. Still I can feel the strength inside me growing and I guess I will come to worry less about what others think. I was adopted and I am so grateful for my journey and thankful that I had the chance at life. I can only hope the little one would think the same way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome ellenvp5

Hugs to you. So sorry you've been through so much. But you have come to the right place. Bubhub has lots of lovely ladies on here and this particular thread has ladies like us with our own particular reasons for going it alone. Mostly, as with you, Mr Right hasn't materialised and the clock is ticking (loudly!) I'm in my first IVF cycle and have learnt so much already. But one thing I haven't been lacking is support from all of the wonderful ladies here. I too have chosen not to tell many people until I'm ready. I also don't feel I need to tell people unless I'm actually able to get pregnant. My Mum and my brother and his wife know, and a few close friends and that's it. Without doubt, you will get judgment from people. But you are doing this for you and your child and not for them. You have to make the choices that are right for you. It gets easier to think this way as you go along. There is no substitute for a good father in a child's life, so this path isn't done as a way of saying they're not important. But all we can do is ensure they have access to great male role models where we can.

I'm sorry I can't answer the religious question for you, but I hope you find some comfort from the ladies on here.

I'm at the business end of my cycle now. I give the trigger injection tonight at 1.30 am (hope I don't sleep through my alarm!) and egg pick up is Tuesday 1.30 pm. I'm hoping I have some good eggs in there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wishmeluck, is this your first time with IVF? Cant wait to hear how Tuesday goes. It is all so new to me. I have my first app on Friday to discuss the whole thing. Dont know what to expect. I guess they will give me the poor sats etc. Still just having the support of the few people I have met on here is really helping to move forward. I dont feel so alone. Ellen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ellen, yes first IVF for me . Haven't tried to get pregnant before and turning 40 in 6 weeks means I also got the run down on poor success rates. But it does happen!! There's an over 40 thread which you may like to look at too

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - all the best for tomorrow hunny! for some lovely eggies.

Ellenvp5 - yep, we are all in the same boat, getting older and hearing that horrible tick tock noise with no suitable man around. Its sad that your family cant be more supportive for you as its always nice to have that support, but as Wish said, everyone on this site is so lovely and supportive, its definately made my journey easier.
    I did my first stim cycle in April this year and learnt so much very quickly, I did get pregant but miscarried. Im now lucky enough to be pregnant again, 5 weeks tomorrow, so still very early, but Im really hoping all be ok this time .
    All the best hunny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome sugarberry. Cant wait to hear that the weeks are wizzing by and the little one stays stuck.
    Wishmeluck - thinking of you for tomorrow. Praying there are plenty of eggs just waiting for you. Do you have any history of fertility problems? Will be eagerly waiting to hear how it goes. And since I am new to this, you had better tell me what would be a good number. I wont know whether to cheer or not. All the best, Ellen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ellen

That last line made me laugh Essentially, if I come on line tomorrow and they found an egg - that's reason enough to cheer!! According to my FS, (the voice of doom), my chances of getting pregnant are slim to non-existent. But I think I may have surprised her by responding to the Gonal-F. I have about 5 follicles, but some of these may be overcooked. I had a cyst which buggered up the first part of my cycle so she waited longer in the hope some of the smaller ones would catch up. Fingers crossed they have! I don't know if I have a history of fertility problems because I've never tried to get pregnant before, but I did have a diagnosis of PCOS in my early 20s (though saw no sign of it since), and had low estrogen levels around the same time, though I believe they also corrected themself when I lost weight. So this really is a first go round to see how things go. I think most clinics would consider 8-10 to be a brilliant harvest because it isn't too few or too many risking OHSS. But, as they say, it comes down to quality not quantity. Just one good one will do it!! Honestly though, I'm hoping for at least 3 because I know that there's a good possibility they won't all fertilise. Need to up my odds!

I'll be sure to let you know how I get on and what the procedure was like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wish
    Just jumped on quickly to send u hugs and wishes for tomorrow you will be great: oh and us old (I'm 41) and have got 10 eggs that fertilized both times and 3 each time that made it to day five for transfer or freeze so if I can u can babe u make sure u rest when u get home have u got you lift home organized as u can't drive??

Sorry about shout post but im on my phone in bed very tired
    Welcome to lovely Ellen I will do a better post tomorrow night take care and sleep tight
    Ps hi suggarberry