Closed Thread
Page 102 of 150 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1497
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ladies,

I hope that everyone is good and life is treating you all really well!

AFM.... I have finally managed to get back here. I had a really good time back in NZ - catching up with old work colleagues and staying with my brother. Did lots of baking so have left him, his girlfriend and her daughter with containers full of biscuits and muffins.
    I had an appointment with my FS on Tuesday to see what she and her colleagues were able to come up with in regards to helping me out. Seems I may have stumped them all - but we are going to try the next cycle without clomid only doing gonal-f injections. Plus a blood test on day 1 to see exactly what my body is doing at that point with possibly a scan as early as day 3 to see if I have any follicles starting. So there is sort of a plan!!!!
    Now just have to wait for AF to turn up so that we can start putting this new plan into action.
    Did ask her about other things such as the possibilities of donor egg if nothing continues to happen. She did tell me about donor embros if I was considering going down the donor egg route but said that we weren't at that point yet! So that was reassuring that she's not ready to give up on me yet. Said that she would support me as long as I wanted to continue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    McHenry - how about "solo mum by choice"..I run with that, there is actually a website called that full of gals like us going it alone. I actually don't care what people think except when some people automatically think a single mum is a teenage single mum...I'm 42 ffs. But the fact is there are alot of us around whether we've done it all on our own or unfortunately been left holding the bubba so I don't understand the stigma that's still attached to 'single mum'. Tbh, I would have loved to share my daughter's life with a 'daddy' if there was a guarantee they would be around for the full venture, but knowing my track record with relationships I would have without a doubt ended up on my own anyway so I am happy to say I am a single mum or solo mum without the baggage of an ex. I see the hassles some of my friends have with ex partners and sharing their kids, I'm so glad I don't have that to deal with, and quite often they say to me I'm better off to have done it this way.

Nelle - must be a girl to have it's legs closed...already a lady

Sugarberry - I was the same with names. Had a boys name sorted from the get go and about a list of 10 names which the favourite changed all the time. In the end I thought of a name in the week before Evie was born and I didn't decide until I saw her what I would call her, she was nameless for about 4 hours. I had actually picked Ivy but it dawned on me that being an IVF baby, IVY/IVF didn't sit right with me and I liked Eva so I sort of combined them.

OK, got my AMH level results....5.9....eek. Apparently not too bad for an old buzzard like me, it's where it should be. At least I'm not going into menopause, I do know of some women that have got utd with less than that. So I'm still giving it a shot & see what happens.

to anyone I've missed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girLs I hope your all well!! I don't really care what people call me I will just be a mum when I finally get the chance!!!

Sugar it must be hard and yeah maybe a good idea to keep it to yourself then you can change it if you want!!!

Micca I hope af arrives soon

Kismet when do you start?

Welcome back blueangle can you do some baking for me yum!!!!

Nelle how you going?? Keeping well??

Hi to anyone I have missed

Afm I'm just waiting waiting waiting I have had some crapming and so spotting well not much just a bit so I'm not sure as I haven't had that before so could be good or bad maybe implantation as I had some cramping!!!! So it's officially doing my head in and I'm exhausted just waiting fr it to get dark so I can go to bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leanan -oh goodness me that sounds hopeful !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to see lots of good news stories...and I'm with Leanne - so long as the word mum is there, I don't care what's in front of it.

AFM, booked in the 20 week scan for April 2, had my first appt with the midwife this week, told the staff at work and will have a glucose test Monday (not looking forward to it). The morning sickness has started to ease and I'm thankful - after all, it has been about 11 weeks of it. This week my right jaw, right at the joint has begun to hurt and i find i can't bite or chew properly. I've googled it and it seems to be a common thing in pregnant women. Is there anyone here with the same complaint?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope good luck for yr scan are u going to find out what yr having??

Afm I'm really gutted this morning as the bleeding has got a bit heavier over night so I think it's af arriving I'm very sad because Friday I was convinced it had worked and now I just wanna cry sorry girls for the downer but you all know how gut wrenching it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leeane - FFS that sucks, are you sure?? When were u due ? shattered for u - damn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babyplease I didn't think I was due till Wednesday which was when my bt was but I did stuff it up at the beginning of my cycle!! But it's odd because I had my transfer saturday and started spotting on Wednesday which hasn't stopped and just got heavier last night and today I'm so shattered cause Friday I was convinced it worked this time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leanne... hang in there sweetie... it aint over until the fat lady sings.... what ever happens you will have some answers in the next 24hrs.. either AF or it settles... If you want to be sure then maybe a first response test. It could just be related to implantation...especially if you are on aspirin or clexane.

41hope... congrats on the 20 week mark.. are you going to find the flavour?? Im guessing team Blue lets hope that the glucose test goes well.

Mchenry... Im tend to think of myself as a single mother by choice (SMC) and I am quite happy to tell anyone that I gave up on mr right.. and it just amazes me how everyone is so excepting and supportive.

Kismet.. that is a fabulous AMH... still a few eggs in the old chook.. your not a broiler yet..lol... many women younger have an AMH <2...I have not done my AMH as I figure it makes no difference to me. Oh and I have added inositol 1.2g day to my regieme... ontop of the DHEA and melatonin..Ive heard really good things about it...I think the usual dose is 2g day..or more.. I will have to do some research..I ordered some from the states as you can only get it in powder form here... from my internet research. Im not sure if it will arrive in time for this cycle but Im hedging all bets... I also ordered some ubiquinol which is the super usable form of coenzyme q10...
    can only hope... My FS has me on a full ampule of saizen 3g for 13 days of the stim cycle. as well as luveris every day. an extra $2500 on top of cycle costs and Im getting a hysteroscopy with uterine biopsy and lipoidal flush on day 3-5 of cycle which is supposed to significantly improve implantation.. might be worth asking your FS about these especially the biopsy..

BlueAngel... I dont think your out yet... if you think this FS is too conservative then maybe consider another opinion. Also if you are not on DHEA, melatonin, inositol, Coq10, folic acid, vit E, VitC, Vit D, Zinc, magnesium fish oil.. then I would certainly be adding them.. hang in there..we are all cheering you on

Sugar,, wow you are really close now.... great on the picking of names... oh and if your mother is with you for the delivery ask her if she wants to cut the cord... Mine did and it was one of the most amazing things she said she has done and is really glad she had the shared opportunity.

well not much to say for me , the race for the sperm continues... it has not left the states as yet... I have about 18days until I need it... the assure me it will be shipped this week..so I have everything crossed... got to pay for drugs tomorrow...eeek... lots of $$ on the extra meds.
    It was DDs first birthday today... so it was just my mother and I and a very quiet day.. DD has her first taste of sugar and hated it...lol..lol..
    back to work tomorrow ..and a check uss to make sure the follicle has gone..I figured that if I do it pre brissie at least if it is still there they can maybe drain it when I have my hystereoscopy this week.... still have to book the flights as well...
    Anyway off to find food.. just finished mowing the lawns tonight... xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    McHenry - Im ok with the term single mother, it doest really bother me . All the best with the sniffing and jabbing this week, I hated the synarel its such horrible stuff.

BlueAngel - welcome back. Great that the FS has a new plan for you, so hoping it works for you, lets hope AF shows up on time .

Kismet - I will probably make the final decision on the name once I see her too, its such a hard decision! Your AMH level is great , not long till you start.

Leanne - oh hun, its not fair . I really hope the bleeding has stopped, dont give up yet though hun . Big hugs .

Hope - I think jaw pain is pretty common, I didnt have it, but I wouldnt worry about it. Yay for 20 weeks !

Micca - my mum will be there for the birth, she has said she would like to cut the cord, she is so excited to be such a big part of this, she already has 4 grandchildren, but she wasnt at any of their births, so this is really special for her .
    your swimmers arrive in time!! Happy Birthday to little Arabella !! I hope she had a fun day, so cute about her not liking sweet sugary stuff.

AFM - suffering with this heat in Melbs, its been high 30's for the past few days and its really humid today aswell , yuk - thank goodness for air con! My cousin gave me a lovely pedicure yesterday, felt like heaven, my feet look so nice again, well apart from being all puffed up anyway .