Closed Thread
Page 100 of 150 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1497
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Micca - , wouldn't it be grand when (not if) us fossles get utd again . Sounds like a mind field for you to obtain sperm. Read your attachment on vit D. I would definately be low in it as I had a melanoma 15 years ago and avoid the sun and don't take any suppliments for it, so I hope Evie's development will be ok, at present she doesn't say too much but I've been told this is ok bcs she babbles constantly & only need to worry if she doesn't even do that. Today it sounded like she was trying to say fish...it was more like shish, very cute. I've noticed lately alot of other bubhubbers take vit d now and I wasn't sure why. I'm going to add it to my list.

Nelle - it's your raging hormones luv , was a bit like that myself when I was preggers...hardly think about it now , if I did have a partner I think he'd do a runner. My 'special' friend is a distant thought as well. I had gestational diabetes but didn't have any dizziness etc beforehand, later on I did when my insulin levels really got out of control, meant it was low so had to eat a lollie or something sweet. Could be your blood pressure perhaps.

Babyplease - sorry AF showed up when she's not wanted, so rude of her. I am hoping to start around end March or sometime April. Have to wait for AF to rare her ugly head and go on the pill, I have pcos so knowing my luck she will run for the hills. Since I had my DD AF has been more regular than usual so hopefully won't have to wait ages.
    Have you tried acupuncture? Sometimes it helps with blood flow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ok so I tracked down the donor sperm for arabellas donor...talked to xytex and they are just waiting for my FS to place the formal order... thankgod. So I had been thinking for the last week since I found the sperm how much I want a matched sibling for arabella and how I have a little resentment towards using the embryos from a different donor... SO I decided that Im going to do a fresh cycle rather than a FET with arabellas donor...I feel so much better for making this decision. Talked to the FS this am and he is all ok... so I start lupron as soon as I can get it... either today or tomorrow...Im just twiddling fingers waiting for pharmacies to open to see when they can order it in.... then have to get script from work and go to the big smoke for a big job day. I woke at 4am thinking about it and made my mind up then,,,feel better and did get the odd sleep after...as all I could think of was 8am when I could talk to the FS... will get a scratch done as well prob day 3-5 of stimming. more time off work... '
    Ill keep you all updated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leanne - Im going ok managing the GD so far, just hoping it all continues to be ok. Fantastic fert rates hun, they must be some good eggies ! Dont worry about the number, its the quality you want. Not long till your in that 2ww .

Babyplease - Im sorry AF showed hun, hugs to you . I really hope this next cycle is the one for you .

Micca - ohh poor little A, 8 teeth in one month and poor you aswell, hope you can catch up on some sleep over the weekend .
    Ive been on VIT D since starting IVF, still taking one per day now. How exciting that your now doing a fresh cycle, its great that you can try for a genetically matched sibling for A .

Nelle - you could have low blood pressure or even a thyroid issue. Not long till your morph scan .

AFM - appointments at the hospital went well on Tuesday, my fundal height is still way ahead, measuring at 36 (should be closer to the 30 mark at this stage ), but Im trying not to worry. OB said she will send me for a scan around 35-36w to check bub's growth and measure the amount of amniotic fluid as she thinks that is on the high side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - I think you've made the right decision, sounded like it was bothering you some. I didn't want to cycle without the same donor. What is lupron? what other things are you taking to enhance your chances?

Sugar - I had GD too and OB was always worried I was having a big baby and I had a scan at 32 weeks which they believed Evie would be around 8 pound born but she was a tiny 6.4 pound (2.85kg) at 38 wks gestation, so don't believe the scans, I've never found them to be accurate with anyone I know. She was long though, so perhaps they were thinking she'd be heavy too. Just before I went into labour my GD went nuts, it was hard to control & had to constantly adjust my injections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals, Yep, me too - single and using donor sperm. I'm actually really happy with my decision. It wasn't really a difficult one at all, and I actually feel much MUCH stronger in myself, and more ready for the right relationship _for-the-right-reasons_ than I have been for the last 5 years (I'm 35). For me, to have a child without a partner is a choice, and in no way a predicament. And certainly a more responsible route (so to speak..) than just going down the pub and getting knocked up, as I've been advised to do by a disturbing number of women. Maybe they're kidding. I must say, that I did think it a viable option when I started paying out 1000s of bucks for something I actively tried to avoid in my 20s!! (Yes, it's all been said before!!). My only real 'issues' with this path are that 1) I'd much rather adopt a needy child - I have no attachment to my own genes, 2) I don't want to bring another mouth into the world to be a drain on natural resources, and 3), if I wasn't in a high paying job I wouldn't have this opportunity, so it's a social issue: fertility for the rich. BUT, other than that, I am SOOOO excited about starting this process. I've had two donor inseminations, one took for 5 weeks and the other not at all. I did one round in NYC, which was interesting, to say the least!!
    I'm currently on my first round of IVF, and sniffing Synarel, which is making me CRAAAAZY!! I've only been defriended by one person on FB, so far...
    I have been lurking in these forums for a while, now, and have decided that it's time to start participating. Most recently, my period is due to have started on Sat, but ... nada. And when I called my nurse she said that I'd probably mixed up my dates in the past and that my periods probably weren't as regular as I thought they were. Because no one knows my body like a nurse I've met twice. So, it was with GREAT relief that I've read that Synarel can delay your period by a fair while. This would have been helpful advice from the nurse. Anyway, did I mention that I'm super cranky???!!! Haha!! Anyway, I'm really looking forward to talking to you all, particularly the other 'single ladies' out there. I have two girlfriends who are doing this at the same time, so there are plenty of us out there, it seems.
    Talk soon, MCH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome mchenry
    Leeane -how are ur embies going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    mchenry....welcome to the thread Im glad you found us... good for you making the decision to get on with it and fullfill your dreams of motherhood. Im glad you were able to come to this decision early rather than later... not like an old crusty like myself..lol... good luck on this cycle... Im not far behind you....

Sugar... glad the OB continues to be happy with you...a scan in the next 3 weeks or so...I bet that will be a huge reassurance... enjoy your pregnancy.

Kismet... I hope that AF comes soon when she is supposed to so you can start the ocp... fingers crossed....

Nelle..I hope you are feeling a little better and getting less dizzyspells..I used to get a lot with DD I think that it was more low sugar rather than anything... and I was so busy.

Hi to everyone else..

so donor sperm is paid for...kaching.$$ (at least the US$ is good) and it will be shipped this week as my clinic has a batch coming So that is really great news. Ive done my 70km drive and picked up the lucrin this am ,,,kaching..more $$..... so first injection tonight.... eek. at least I have been vitamin prepped for a long time.
    My mother is here..and life is definately a lot easier... She has cleaned the kitchen helped with DD and is enjoying time with her. It was nice being able to leave DD in a nap while I went to the pharmacy rather than dragging her out.
    planing an afternoon nap as I am exhausted..another teething night..
    Anyway I hope everyones friday is a good one..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Micca - I thought you meant lucrin. I had that with Evie's cycle, worked much better and I'll be on it again, not cheap though!

McHenry - welcome. It is exciting once the ball starts to roll. I hope your ivf journey is short and sweet, like Micca said, best to start ealier rather than later, I started at 38 and didn't fall pregnant until 2.5 years later. It's nice you have friends to share your experience with too, you could all support each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    God sometimes I hate computers!! Just did a huge post to you all and then lost the lot bugger bugger bugger

Just a Quick one I hope your all doing well I had my transfer yesterday and everything went well so we will wait and see!! Sorry I will jump on later for personals have s great sunday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - Im hoping bubs wont be too big, OB guessed around 9p a few weeks ago, but who knows really, will have to wait and see. Im not on insulin for the GD as yet, so far managing with diet.

McHenry - welcome. I was on synarel too, hated that stuff, much prefered the injections! All the best .

Micca - I hope you caught up on some sleep over the weekend.

Leanne - PUPO !! Im so hoping this is the one for you, stay sticky little embie .

AFM - no sleep last night, not happy today . Kept awake nearly all night by a neighbours dog barking and whinging all night long. I think they have gone away as it was crying most of the weekend. I felt sorry for it yesterday and went out and talked to it through the fence, but last night he just wouldnt be quiet. I love dogs and have a gorgeous little fur-man, but honestly last night I could have done something horrible .