+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok- first step to our big trip is going to start this weekend. I'm going to pick one item (I'm thinking the fish tank), clean it up and put it on ebay/gumtree/fb and sell it. My aim is to do one thing a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so excited for this trip. 1 year, 2 months and counting. I've decided on the 'gadgets' I believe will be helpful to both myself while travelling and DS while homeschooling. I simply can not wait. I've decided to move back home to help save a little more money and I'm hoping to be able to buy a caravan rather than a camper trailer. I think this will just save on setting up and pulling down- esp as I may be doing it myself. I wish I had decided to do this sooner- I could be on the road by now!!!! OR I wish I won the lottery! Than I could be buying the caravan now! Oh well, journey to save. I would like to head to the Jayco site this weekend to get some information on caravans under 1,200 kgs in Tare weight.

I also want to get the business set up so I can claim extra expenses on it and with any luck- make some money as well. To make it worth while though (insurance and registration), I would need to secure a job with the potential to bring in at least $1000 per year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1 Year, 1 Month and 28 days.

I bought my single bed coverlet and my mobile phone holder. Next on the list is a GPS in 2 weeks time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So hard to wait! Wish I could hurry up to at least July! That way I can seriously start looking for my caravan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So are you looking for a caravan yet??? PM for a FB group if you are on FB. It is a really good family travelling group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow- forgot about this. Quite a bit has changed.

Mum and Dad may or may not be coming. They are on rocky ground atm so it may just be DS and I. We've scaled things right back. We're now only going for 3 months- this was for a couple of reasons; little experience in the caravaning and homeschooling departments, wont have to quit my job, should be able to get paid for the entire trip and less dosh needed.

I've found a caravan I really like- Windsor Rapid 430x. This has a double pull out bed and 2 bunks. We can use the bottom bunk as a storage area while DS sleeps on the top or have a visitor (even 2, with DS sleeping with me).

I've reached 30% of my savings goal and hope to reach the 50% mark by December.

I'm really pumped and I am 100% motivated each and every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: 8 Months Travelling around Aus

I was wondering how you were going with organising it all. Even though your cutting your trip short, it will still be a wonderful experience and you can tick the places you visit off your list.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 Months Travelling around Aus

I'll be ordering my caravan on Sunday! Argh! So nervous, so excited!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 8 Months Travelling around Aus

You won't want to come home!!!! You know that right??

We moved from Adelaide to central QLD... And OMG! We did not want to settle! We drove and we had the absolute best time and that was only 2 weeks!!!! Ds was fantastic in the car and on the road which of course helped.

You will have a ball.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I BOUGHT MY CARAVAN!!!! Wont be getting delivered until May next year but it's locked in. I pay the deposit tomorrow!

SpideysMummy- This is one my fears! If that's what I want to do, it's not impossible and I'll just have to make it happen!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (10-09-2012)