+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I have friends who just put their preppies into Merrimac. So far they are pleased. But it's been 3 weeks. Another friend went there in primary school and said it was fine.
    More friends have kids in Worongary/William Duncan in the nerang/ Carrara area as most rule out nerang primary.

The only one that recently I've heard bad things about is Kings actually. Two of my friends kids have been severely bullied and the punishments for the bullies were not good enough and things are going further. One friend pulled their kid out of kings over bullying.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonezart For This Useful Post:

Tay22  (29-05-2014)

thats really upsetting about bullying at Kings! I have actually spoken to another lady who has said the same thing! how shameful of them not to take it seriously and carry out appropriate punishment.
    On another note i got my DD into prep at 4 state schoolsmy dilemma now is which one to go with...

Benowa state/ varsity lakes/ Miami state- i have heard fantastic reviews about the only thing that worries me is the horrendous and unpredictable traffic in benowa and again heading on the M1 towards Varsity & Miami. Also as im trying to stay in the one place and hoping my DD continues onto the sister high school i havent heard very good things about Miami high (a bit silly to organise that far ahead but i am an organised freak)

Merrimac state- is looking really good with traffic.. the area is fantastic, the staff were very welcoming but i have heard that they aren't very challenging when it comes to academics? (which my DD is needing as she reads, writes her name/sentences etc already) any other reviews on the learning side of things for Merrimac? Im saying there in the lead at the moment

i have also just started looking at Queensland independent college which i think sounds fantastic however what do children do after year 7? would they just go into State or Private high schools ?