+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    We are still looking for schools and totally undecided! Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Hillcrest school in Reedy Creek?
    Also, does anyone know of a site that you can get a state school zone map from for the whole of GC.....I did have one but my link won't open anymore and don't seem to be able to find a more recent version?
    Thanks x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think if you try and google "Gold Coast School catchments" something should come up, not all schools have catchments, I know that Worongary, Park Lake, Benowa and Pacific Pines State Schools do, not sure on Private Schools though, I do know they give preferrance based on Religion if it's a religious school and what suburb you live in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Found one

http://education.qld.gov.au/schools/...outh-east.html

This is public schools only though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    Found one

http://education.qld.gov.au/schools/...outh-east.html

This is public schools only though.
    Hey Mahjong, thanks for that! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollipopsmum View Post
    Hi,
    We are still looking for schools and totally undecided! Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Hillcrest school in Reedy Creek?
    Hi my sisters three children go to hillcrest and they are fairly happy. It is similar to kings in that it is 'happy clappy' religion wise. Not to offend anyone but that is what she said! I think my sister will ultimately be moving them to Somerset College and it is a better school in terms of academic excellence and facilities. It is one of the most Pricet schools on the the coast though.

For what i it's worth Emmanuel College is also supposed to be great.

Good luck! Our dd is only 11 weeks but we will be putting her name down at a few schools ( somerset, emmanuel and all saints) sooner than later as Ive heard waiting lists are crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello, I am Portuguese but live in thailandia, have 2 children, 8 and 10 years, they study in an English school
    in May 2013 I'm moving to the gold coast, I am looking for a private school not too expensive.
    as I am Portuguese I can not put my kids in public school
    thanks for the help
    regards fortunato
    fortunatojr@gmail.com

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hello

hello, I am Portuguese but live in thailandia, have 2 children, 8 and 10 years, they study in an English school
    in May 2013 I'm moving to the gold coast, I am looking for a private school not too expensive.
    thanks for the help
    regards fortunato
    fortunatojr@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by CravenBabies View Post
    Hi my sisters three children go to hillcrest and they are fairly happy. It is similar to kings in that it is 'happy clappy' religion wise. Not to offend anyone but that is what she said! I think my sister will ultimately be moving them to Somerset College and it is a better school in terms of academic excellence and facilities. It is one of the most Pricet schools on the the coast though.

For what i it's worth Emmanuel College is also supposed to be great.

Good luck! Our dd is only 11 weeks but we will be putting her name down at a few schools ( somerset, emmanuel and all saints) sooner than later as Ive heard waiting lists are crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the help
    regards fortunato
    fortunatojr@gmail.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does any one have children at merrimac state school or know if its reviewed well? We are looking into state schools for my DD next year. We are living in a beautiful home in Nerang but I'm not very keen on the schools in this area so I have ruled them out. I am loving benowa & merrimac primary and the high school. yes I am aware of catchments but not worried about that. So please any reviews on these schools would be great and also pre preps close to either schools

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My son goes to st brigids in nerang which is rhe catholic private primary school.
    Benowa is hard to get into if not in the catchment, well it was 3 years ago when I tried to get my son in there but is a good school as is merrimac. Another public school you may want to look at is bellview park which is down the road from benowa. It is a smaller public school then benowa but still has a good reputation. All 5 of my nieces have gone there and I am looking at moving my son there next year as is easier for me in morning as I work in bundall and now live in carrara instead of nerang
    Not sure about pre prep in the areas though.
    Hope this has helped a little and not confused you more

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tamute For This Useful Post:

Tay22  (29-05-2014)