+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best schools on GC

Hi,

We have just got back from a school open evening and now feel more confused than ever about our choice of school for our daughters. We thought we had definitely decided on one but now we are not so sure!

Anyone know of good Gold Coast schools, public or private (we would move to be in the right zone for a good one so any schools GC). Any opinions on ones we should not consider and why would also be helpful.

Thanks for your help x

Thanks
    Reviews
    All Saints. I went there and if I still lived on the GC I'd be putting my kids on the waiting list. It is not a stuffy private school, has a great community feel, fantastic facilities and passionate staff. Only trouble is the waiting list, so if you haven't put your DDs down yet, you need to ASAP, even if you're only considering it as an option. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are you looking for primary schools?

What area?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lollipops mum....I remember you from a previous post I was reading as I think we are looking at similar schools! My son is starting prep next year. We are deciding between Kings Christian College & Clover Hill State School. If you are looking into private schools for next year I think you may find it hard to find a place so late in the year unless you have applications in already As far as state schools I have heard good things about Varsity College, Clover Hill and Benowa. There are plenty of others that are probably good to, Robina Primary, Mudgeeraba State School or Mudgeeraba Creek. As far as private schools I have heard good things about Kings, St Andrews Luthern, All Saints, Emmanuel. Which schools are you looking at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to Kings Christian College, that is where we will be sending out kids when we move back to the Gold Coast eventually. It is a great school.

All Saints, St Michaels and Trinity College are all meant to be really good too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My sister in law goes to AB Paterson and I am totally and utterly impressed, an absolutely fantastic school!!!! Definitely worth a look!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We're really happy with Merrimac State School where DS1 goes to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, thanks for all the recommendations and advice. I've heard really really good things about AB paterson and All saints but I think they might be out of our price range. Think we are going to take another look at Kings, St Andrews and maybe Lindersfarne in Nsw. Really want to see some State schools to so we can compare state and private - can you do a tour of the state schools?? My husband was speaking with an Nsw teacher recently and she told him there is no difference between state and private? She also said she believed Nsw schools are way ahead of Qld schools.....anyone else think this/been told this?
    Would still like to hear if anyone has heard of/experienced any bad in any schools so we know which to steer clear of? x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I havent heard about NSW and QLD being different in ways, but I guess every state is different with their curriculum's etc... I wish all the states were all on the same page!

I have a few friends who have taken their kids out of Private after bad experiences and vice versa, every school is different, regardless of Public or Private. It's the way the school is run and the individual teachers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mahjong, do you know which schools your friends have pulled kids out of and why? I know some people who have found the private schools too pushy with kids but then Ive heard others say the state schools don't push kids enough!! Can't win!! x