Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How did you get onto that spongebob?
    What state?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SEEK Learning

Hi all,

Thought I'd put my two cents in here - I work for SEEK Learning and basically what we do is offer a service that'll help you to work out what course is right for you, depending on your career goals.

As Mahjong has mentioned we try to take care of as much of the enrollment and set up for your study as possible.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has I'm not an expert on all of the courses we offer, but I can certainly put anyone interested in more info in touch with our course experts!

Mitchell - SEEK Learning

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi ladys i just started a cert III in buisness admin though oten now i am worried i have made the wrong choice and should be doin cert IV i am currently changing careers paths from AIN Nursing to Admin i do realise i do have to start from scratch and would it be best for me to finish this course quickly and get into cert IV before trying to look for work ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    2darlingboys - I'm on Qld and just got onto the CQ TAFE website (I'm in Rockhampton) and searched for the course. If they list it as an external course at your local TAFE all you have to do is either email or call the customer care number and have them send out the info to you together with the enrolment forms. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

b4us - If you haven't worked in an admin environment, I'd definitley recommend doing the Cert III first so you "learn the basics" so to speak. Some of the Cert IV stuff, particularly the MS Office courses like Excel, Word etc, financial & reporting courses are pretty advanced and would be very difficult if you didn't have some prior training/learning. Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Studying Business Admin?

I'd just like to put this out there for anyone considering going through seek learning - don't. Go directly through the course provider.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RunawayPrincess View Post
    I'd just like to put this out there for anyone considering going through seek learning - don't. Go directly through the course provider.
    Amen. Do NOT go through Seek. They sold my fiancé a $3000 dollar course without advising the final exam would be $2000. They lied through their teeth and were absolutely heartless and compassionless. Got our money and never wanted to hear from us again. They are C U Next Tuesdays!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

2k for a final exam????! What on earth was the course?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did a Cert 3 in Business Admin in 2010. For me it was beneficial as I was able to get a job at the TAFE where I did my studies, but I have looked at jobs in the industry since then and noticed that many want a Cert IV or Diploma. However, like someone said before, the Cert 3 is probably the best place to start - I found most of it fairly easy, but the MYOB aspect took some time to get my head around.

Anyone who wants to do any study I would recommend that you first have a look on the job websites & see what jobs are availabe in that industry & what qualifications and experience they ask for. Then once you have that information, have a serious think about whether you think you will be able to get a job once you complete your studies. Prior to the Cert 3, I spent four years getting a degree that I can't use because no-one will give me an 'entry-level' job in the industry without a minimum of 12 months paid full-time experience , so now all I have is a piece of paper and a massive HECS debt. I wouldn't want to see that happen to anyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, i'm currently studying cert 4 business admin by correspondence through first choice training its self paced and have 12 months to complete the course.they give an option to study online or they will put all course material on a USB. no extra costs for text books or anything else and at the moment that course is on a special for $500 so that may be worth looking into as i had looked at oten and all the rest aswel but are far to over priced. hope it helps and good luck