+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wish78 View Post
    Hi,

We have the Safe N Sound Compaq Deluxe. It has quite a narrow base and has fit into even the tiniest of economy airline seats, have tried Virgin, Malaysian, Fireflyz and Vietnam Air so far.

Good luck hope you have a great trip.

Thanks so much!!! That is the seat we are looking at - so I'm very relieved!!

As an FYI to other mums - I eventually got hold of a very helpful guy at Qantas who read out some info to me about kids travelling in car seats and not only do the seats need to have the AS-1754 Australian Standard sticker, they also need to fit in the seats. I have done some research today and the newer, bulkier car seats won't fit - they are too wide. So just be aware of that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    another question is it just qantas

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Travel story and other car seat options

Hello,

I will be flying with my 13 months old this July on Virgin and seats that comply with Australian design standard AS/NZS 1754 are currently unsuitable for carriage on Virgin Australia aircraft, as they require a top tether in addition to the fastened lap belt to secure the three-point attachment. Plus the seats have to be 40.6cm or less. So it is basically impossible to find a seat in Australia that will be suitable on Virgin. I don't know about Qantas, but you should double check to not have a bad surprise at the gate.

I did found this blog from a woman who travelled on Virgin and can help anybody who will fly from Australia: here it is:

http://loudah.com/blog/?p=557

I also found this website with narrow car seat option (from the USA though) they seem like a very good option but I haven't found a way to have it sent here. And after your trip you might will not be allowed to use it in Australia.

http://www.thecarseatlady.com/airpla...rplanes_4.html