+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default International Qantas flight with car seat

Hi, has anyone flown international with Qantas and used a carseat onboard for their LO?

Just wondering if you have to take the seat on yourself? I am traveling alone with my LO and I'm not sure how I will manage carrying everything.

Has anyone done anything similar?

Thanks...

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Oceanfray, check out these links:

http://qantas.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/q...hp?p_faqid=295

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...ants/global/en

http://www.atsb.gov.au/media/32773/crs_final.pdf

Once you've made the booking for you and your LO, you'll need to call Qantas Special Handling (if you start by calling 131313, they should be able to put you through). In my experience, passengers with carseats have to install them in the aircraft themselves. It is worth confirming with the customer service person you check in with that they know you've got a seat, and they may let you preboard.

Good luck, I hope you go well . Maybe someone else will be able to help you out, otherwise feel free to send me a PM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I would have thought it would be a bit cumbersome to take the car seat on board, especially if you are travelling by yourself.

We used a CARES restraint for our DD for long haul flights. It is a harness that is easily carried in your handbag.

We also just used the extender seat belts they give you on-board which was handy when breast feeding/cuddling to sleep etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used car seat on international flights with my 15 month old son six times in the last two months and it has made it so easy. I bought a small foldup luggage trolley and strap his car seat onto it to wheel him from taxi drop off through the airport and right onto the plane. He is basically another piece of hand luggage! The trolley gets removed when his carseat gets strapped into the plane seat.

You also have the benefit of being able to use your car seat immediately when you reach your destination.

My son is comfortable and sleeps well, it has been a real winner with my family.

Good luck with your travel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also used the CARES harness - easy to carry, easy to install and is accepted on most airlines (Qantas is one of them)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wish78 View Post
    I have used car seat on international flights with my 15 month old son six times in the last two months and it has made it so easy.
    Hi - can you tell me what seat you used? I am planning on travelling with a 10month old and Qantas can't tell me WHICH seat is allowed.

My son is still in a capsule at this point and I am looking at buying him a bigger car seat, but would like one that I can also use on an airline - but no-one can tell me which one.

thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

We have the Safe N Sound Compaq Deluxe. It has quite a narrow base and has fit into even the tiniest of economy airline seats, have tried Virgin, Malaysian, Fireflyz and Vietnam Air so far.

Good luck hope you have a great trip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by np2012 View Post
    Hi - can you tell me what seat you used? I am planning on travelling with a 10month old and Qantas can't tell me WHICH seat is allowed.

My son is still in a capsule at this point and I am looking at buying him a bigger car seat, but would like one that I can also use on an airline - but no-one can tell me which one.

thanks!!
    Any seat that meets australian standards and has the Australian standards yellow sticker attached.

Thanks
    Reviews
    is it only allowed on international flights or any where a seat has been purchased

just checked out CARES great will be using one of these next time we travel
    Last edited by ohdear; 26-02-2012 at 18:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I travelled from here to toronto canada by myself with a 2 and 3 year old, 2 carseats and two carry ons by myself.. You can do it!! It was the best thing having their carseats on the air craft. I had canadian carseats with me...most seats are faa approved

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub