+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hon putting your babe in with you in bed isn't 'bad'. It's only an issue if you dont want to be doing it. there's absolutely nothing 'bad' about it.
    Having said that, we went to sleep school
    And it had been great for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I was totally disappointed. I only did half a day and they told me to go home as its a feeding issue aparently (DD also has low weight gains)
    I asked for some other techniques I could try at home and was told no we just continue to try "pat & ssshhh" which my DD doesnt respond too. I was also told I was not to bounce her on my fitball (which is the only way I can currently get her to sleep) as it is like "shaking my baby"

So they took away my one thing that works, gave me nothing new to work with and told me to leave. So I came home feeling more helpless...

My DD does have other issues as I said and other people I know have said its great thats just my expereince.
    Oh and there was NO CC they told me to pick her up straight away if she was upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry they didn't help Jess, how disappointing How old is your little one? I'd be ignoring their advice to be honest... really it can't be that bad to bounce gently on a fit ball

I hope the experience is different for me. The only way I am getting through the days now is clinging to the hope that they help us. On lucky nights (maybe once or twice a week) I am getting about 4 hours sleep. Other than that I get maybe one, two hours then am up all night. Last night I got NO sleep. He woke up when I went to bed and fussed all night. He doesn't sleep during the day either Doesnt help I have a hopeless DF that does nothing but make everything harder. Feeling so tired and depressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chloe a lot of other people have found them to be really good.
    They were friendly and made sure you were comfortable with each step, pretty much I made the decisions and they helped with them.

Are you on their "on-call" list? if you get your mchn or gp to write a referral you should get in quicker too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went when DS2 was 13 months and I was 7 weeks pregnant.... I loved it. They were so supportive and we used a really gentle method with DS. It worked wonders. I didn't want to leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did they offer you anything other than the pat&sshhh?
    I still don't know what to do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st for Jess View Post
    Did they offer you anything other than the pat&sshhh?
    I still don't know what to do!
    Yes.. Becasue DS was 13 months old, he understood simple phrases. I was allowed to sit with him for as long as I liked and tell him "time for sleep" etc. He was happy fo me to rub his back and fall asleep and just got better and better at settling until and kiss and ciddle was all that was needed.
    It worked so well for us and DS responded really well.
    TBH I wouldn't go with a baby younger than 12 months....

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go at the sleep school we are thinking of going there for a 4 night stay

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Your baby isn't left to cry!!

I have just returned home from a 4 day program at Tweddle. This is one of the threads I read prior to going in to get an idea of what was going to happen. Perhaps cry it out was used in the past or 'controlled crying' but that IS NOT what happens. This thread worried me and I wanted to write a post stating how wrong some of the info is! (I know it is 2yrs from when it started).

It has saved my LIFE and SANITY!

NOTE** if you want it to work for you, you need to have the following;

- positive attitude
    - willingness to let others help
    - desire to help your baby NOT just yourself
    - ability to set aside your pride

the ladies are there to help if you dont listen (or go behind their back and do something they specifically said not to) any attempt to change anything will fail.

ok so:

my breastfed bub had never slept more then 3-4hours, noone could babysit and he refused solids. Oh and I breastfed him to sleep eek.

Using a soothing technique (patting and shushing) I was able to change his association of breast and sleep.. That in turn meant he didnt wake up expecting to be on the breast and could resettle himself. Needless to say he slept 10hours - the SECOND NIGHT!

NO cry it out or controlled crying - although on odd occassion if you have been trying to settle for a long period of time you step out of the room for 10-20sec. This says to bub that you are not going to play their game or give in.

WATCH for the tired signs.. By the time my bub rubbed his eyes it was over he was wrecked. By careful study I learnt that his early signs were needing to be on me, biting and staring.

DO NOT go by set times. Bub can be tired 10min before your set time and so by the time you try to settle they are over tired and not having a bar of it.

Breastfeed upon waking - never just before bed

If bub wakes up before an hour is up (during daytime) always try to resettle.

Always try to resettle at night before offering the breast.

I cannot tell you how much Tweddle helped and at no point was my bub distressed. I went there willing to accept help and lose a bit of sleep. My baby has changed so much in just 4 days. They help babies and toddlers and deal with a wide range of issues not just sleep.

Thankyou Tweddle!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummymythbuster For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (16-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok parents so iam writting this review on the third and final night inside twiddle.so CONs first,1. yes walls are paper thin u can hear everyone and every flush.2. Change of shifts 4 of them.. means that no consistency.3. No "one policy" application. every person has their own ideas they wanna try (this can lead to wrong message to the baby). We almost told off one lady tonight.4. No followups after u leave.Ok now the PROs1. Almost all the staff is very friendly and helpfull2. No matter how bad a sleeper your child is ull find worse in here.. ull learn from their mistakes3. Different opinions mean new methods u can try with your little one see which works as we now know every child behaves differently to the same technique.4. You quickly realise your mistake/s at home.So to end this... Tweddle is no mirracle stick. Although most parents can see the difference straight away (unfortunately not us), it will take few consistant weeks afterwards.Hope this helps.