+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I have been searching for a while trying to find info on this or other people going through the same thing. I've had 3 pregnancies, 1st natural birth but my lil girl was still born, 2nd was emergency ceasar, and third I tried for a vbac... I was induced using the balloon, and only a couple of hours later I had terrible pain along my old scar, was sent into the labour room and checked, I was bleeding, so off I went for another emergency ceasar. After I was back in my room the surgeon came to visit me and told me my scar had tore open the size maybe a bit bigger than a tennis ball, he could see straight through. Then continued to tell me I was very very lucky! And I am now a bit of a jigsaw puzzle inside, plus I had so much scar tissue that my lil girl was quite hard to get out as she was stuck up the top of my uterus so really she would never have come out naturally. Last he said that could I please not have anymore babies, as its too dangerous for me and the would be baby.. (sorry for the long post). So knowing this, after the six week check up I had the Mirena put in ( had it out though.. didnt like it at all) I saw the 'Boss' Doctor, I told him what happened, he checked my files, and told me not to worry about it, that I was all patched up, and theres no reason why I cant...... So now Im trying to work out what to do Its been 23months and trying to decide whether to have another bub then get my tubs clipped. I do really want another but so scared so is my hubby. Who on earth do I listen to, the surgeon who saw for himself how bad it was or the 'Boss' Doctor who should know more than any of them??? Thankyou for reading Im so glad I found this pot !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Interesting thread. Thanks for starting it, I think it's important to talk about all the risks. A few years ago I had a large internal fibroid removed and was told uterine rupture during pregnancy is a risk due to the scar tissue location and I may need a c-section. I will be asking about this as I get further down the track in this pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twocam View Post
    Interesting thread. Thanks for starting it, I think it's important to talk about all the risks. A few years ago I had a large internal fibroid removed and was told uterine rupture during pregnancy is a risk due to the scar tissue location and I may need a c-section. I will be asking about this as I get further down the track in this pregnancy.
    I had a 10.4cm fibroid removed too through laproscopic myomectomy (Keyhole).
    During my first pregnancy, that was what the doctor told me that I should have a C section. Well, it depends on the position of the fibroid. I ended up having natural birth anyway because i insisted on not having c section. My fibroid was on a stalk and not much cuts on the uterus itself. There's always a risk of uterine rupture but I did my research and insisted my way. However, it depends on the individual, the previous surgery etc, of course.

The thing with scars on the uterine is that the uterine might not be strong enough for contractions during labour which might then lead to various other complications. To avoid that, doctors always recommend C section.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyBee2Three View Post
    Hi everyone, I have been searching for a while trying to find info on this or other people going through the same thing. I've had 3 pregnancies, 1st natural birth but my lil girl was still born, 2nd was emergency ceasar, and third I tried for a vbac... I was induced using the balloon, and only a couple of hours later I had terrible pain along my old scar, was sent into the labour room and checked, I was bleeding, so off I went for another emergency ceasar. After I was back in my room the surgeon came to visit me and told me my scar had tore open the size maybe a bit bigger than a tennis ball, he could see straight through. Then continued to tell me I was very very lucky! And I am now a bit of a jigsaw puzzle inside, plus I had so much scar tissue that my lil girl was quite hard to get out as she was stuck up the top of my uterus so really she would never have come out naturally. Last he said that could I please not have anymore babies, as its too dangerous for me and the would be baby.. (sorry for the long post). So knowing this, after the six week check up I had the Mirena put in ( had it out though.. didnt like it at all) I saw the 'Boss' Doctor, I told him what happened, he checked my files, and told me not to worry about it, that I was all patched up, and theres no reason why I cant...... So now Im trying to work out what to do Its been 23months and trying to decide whether to have another bub then get my tubs clipped. I do really want another but so scared so is my hubby. Who on earth do I listen to, the surgeon who saw for himself how bad it was or the 'Boss' Doctor who should know more than any of them??? Thankyou for reading Im so glad I found this pot !
    Obtain your medical records from the hospital, then find out who are the two most highly respected OB's in your area (you can do that by talking to midwives) and pay for two 'Second opinions.'