+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilija View Post
    I googled uterine abruption and it comes up as placental abruption. So my placenta started coming away from my uterus while I was pregnant and had a major blood loss. That's the short story lol, can u please explain what happened to you?
    Uterine rupture is where your uterus starts to separate, most often along scar tissue (from a previous c-section or from surgery of some other kind), but it can happen without having scar tissue too.

In my case, I had the scar tissue rupture at the right hand side of my previous incision. I'm not sure to what extent, that's why I have requested my records.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a 10cm fibroid removed a year ago and the doctor recommended me to have a C-section because of fear of uterine rupture along the scar line. However, the % of it happening is v v low. There is a risk of uterine rupture in anyone during the contraction anyway.

I insisted on natural birth and had my way in the end because I felt that I want to give it a go. Perfect birth and I didn't need to have elective C-section at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by del79 View Post
    I had a 10cm fibroid removed a year ago and the doctor recommended me to have a C-section because of fear of uterine rupture along the scar line. However, the % of it happening is v v low. There is a risk of uterine rupture in anyone during the contraction anyway.

I insisted on natural birth and had my way in the end because I felt that I want to give it a go. Perfect birth and I didn't need to have elective C-section at all!
    I am very pleased for you that you got the birth you hoped for del79! Congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else out there like meeeee???!!

Not holding my breath as I know that it is rare, but just thought I'd ask again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    just subscribing as im hoping to vbac this week and paranoid about my scar rupturing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh honey, I was actually worried when I started this thread that it might make VBAC'ers freak out.

Please don't. The chances of you experiencing a rupture are minimal.

If it's any consolation, I still don't think I made the wrong decision. There are risks with any birth method. Have you done much reading? Have you got a supportive birth partner?

It might also comfort you to know that there was no way I could mistake it when it happened. My contractions totally stopped and my pain changed. I then had to wait 1.45 hours for a theatre to open before they could do the section. As I mentioned before, DD's apgars were 6 and then 10. Amazing! She roomed in with me straight away, BF like a pro, and generally thrived.... (she does have a congenital condition, but it's nothing to do with the birth). So even with that lengthy delay, all still ended very well.

Oddly I even recovered better from her birth, than from my first 'emergency' c-section.

I really shouldn't be trying to do posts on topics like this when I am so tired, so I hope I made sense.

Please ask me anything you want, I dont' mind if you want to PM me even.

Good luck honey!! You will be just fine. I look forward to reading your birth story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a last minute (38wks) decision as I changed from a horrible dr to an awesomely supportive one. So I have done what research I can and I know it's minimal chances and what I have heard I would know straight away but still scary thought lol.
    I'm glad you started this thread, it's good to read stories from 'real people' and not just google.

I will have my dp with me and he is happy too go with whatever I wanna do. Apparently the hospital I'm birthing at have lots of restrictions on vbacs though so I know my chances of succedding are reduced because of that.

Thanks for your info though and sorry to derail the thread a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MillyB View Post
    Subscribing because I'm interested in this topic.

OurLittleBlessing - did your rupture occur because you attempted a VBAC or was is a spontaneous rupture? Like you wrote to another poster, don't reply if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

I'm hoping for a VBAC in July but OB keeps bringing up the risk or uterine rupture.

OB will definately mention risk of uterine rupture just to protect themselves and also to prepare you that it MIGHT happen. It MIGHT happen for anyone. However, the the chances of you experiencing a rupture are minimal. Someone, once sent me an article on that but I could not find it now. I will try to find it and post it here for you. It's in one of the earlier post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey i had one,
    I cant give u alot of info although i will have some soon. I had one at 34 weeks pregnant, 4 years ago with my little girl.. was my third child and had a previous cesar and it tore( started to tear) and i was in agony, they then performed a emergency cesar.. I dont have alot of info on it as the doctor didnt talk to me very well about it. I am now pregnant again and so paranoid its going to happen again, ive only had a doc appointment so far and she said i have to go to the hospital and get more info but she thinks ill be a high risk pregnancy, obviously a elective cesar, and they will be keeping a close eye on me in third trimester, regular appointments and scan to check thinning of uterus etc.. but ill know more info once i go to the hospital appointment and talk with them again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default placental Abruption and next pregnancy

I've done extensive research into PA as i had a bad concealed PA (the bleed separates the placenta further from the uterine wall unlike the more stable revealed PA where bleeding is apparent). The fetal death rate is a full on 40%, the maternal death rate is 4-5%, and chance of recurrance of any kind of PA in subsequent pregnancies is 8%, less if you manage lifestyle contributing factors like smoking.

If you have a PA, advocate for yourself requesting very frequent ultrasound scanning and fetal monitoring, and get plenty of bed rest (modified bed rest regime). Some PA's heal themselves, some get worse and many end in tragedy, so having a good relationship with your ob/gyn is essential, and aggresive management of this condition is necessary for a healthy outcome.

Good luck and good health to anyone with a PA. Keep a close eye on your symptoms and listen to your body.