+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just putting in my two cents about a delay of centrelink payments. I put my paperwork in the week after my son was born, both the hard copy and the online forms. I had 14 weeks of maternity leave from my work to get through first. The way I worked it, my work maternity leave should have finished and then ppl kick in the next pay cycle. I had rung centrelink so many times to check on it and was always told it was being processed and blah blah blah. Maternity leave finished and I waited an extra 2.5 MONTHS to get my ppl. That was 2.5 months with no income! And then, a completely separate rant, but I put in my paperwork for ccb/cbr a month before my son started cc. He had been there for 1.25 months before my claim was processed and the centre received any money for his placement. Meanwhile another mum I know put her claim in a week an a half before her LO started daycare and it was all sorted by the time her son started. How bogus is it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    well i have placed a complaint through to the ombudsman today and have included the link to this thread to highlight how long this has been going on and to how many people this must be happening to. nothing may come of it but at least i will feel as though i tried my hardest. as above, will keep you ladies posted. on another note - 39 weeks today and still waiting for bubs to arrive - think he must be pretty comfy in there!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lisa1382 For This Useful Post:

Nin Nan Nong  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies - well i have an update for you. the ombudsman called me today regarding my complaint. they have advised they have made numerous enquiries with centrelink and have advised that as of the 28th feb they are paying out paid parental leave payments within 19 days which is ahead of the service delivery time of 21 days. this is despite what i was told by a consultant on the 16th march and despite what i am hearing from others. she has advised what can hold up the payments is if we have not completed all of the paperwork correctly prior of after the birth of our baby. she has advised me to contact centrelink (which i alerted to her will take another hour out of my day just to speak to someone so i will be doing this online) to ensure that they have absolutely everything they need at this stage. we should then be able to put in our paperwork after the birth and payment should be made within 21 days. she has advised that if i should not receive payment within the 21 days that i should contact centrelink on the complaints line as i have made a complaint, advise of hardship and then they should pay me the money within 7-14 days. if that has still not occurred then i can contact the ombudsman with my complaint number from there and they will investigate. i have pointed out to her that if i wait 3 weeks for centrelink, contact them and wait another 2 weeks and then wait for them to investigate and wait for my next pay cycle for it to be paid then you can see how quickly the two months adds up.... i think what i will do is wait the three weeks and then firstly confirm with my employer to see if they have been paid the money for me to be paid in the next pay run. oh and apparently they can't communicate about potential delays on their paperwork as they really can't specify time frames - more excuses... good luck ladies. i will ensure that i update on here where i can so that i can be of any help to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please be aware that, despite what Centrelink lead you to believe, not all payments are back-dated to the date of birth. I know from bitter personal experience that Baby Bonus payments, for example, are NOT back-dated and are only paid from the date that Centrelink gets around to processing them. In our case this was almost 2 months after the birth, despite our pre-claim prior to the birth and lodgement of the proof of birth the minute we got back from hospital (and their 21-day processing time-frame). The result is that if we have to move for work, we will never end up getting the full $5K, simply because Centrelink was very slow and led us to believe that we'd end up with the same amount of money regardless of how long they took.

I would therefore strongly advise all people who've applied for the baby bonus to call Centrelink no later than 22 days after your application has been lodged and hassle them until they process it. When I called after 2 months of waiting, it got processed on the day (and lucky I did, otherwise we would have missed out on more money). Clearly they want us all to call them and listen to their on-hold music for an age!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You still get the full amount, they don't back date is because it is a set amount. Its fortnightly payments until the $5000 is paid in full.....