+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post

Maybe the government should have pumped some of that BER money into disadvantaged schools rather than giving every school in the country a new gym
    This is what you said! "Every school"

I said I don't care that my husband can't spell, not that I don't care about spelling. Don't twist words.

Disadvantaged children are least likely to have access to a computer, so to assume that that is why they can't read, write and spell is wrong. The issues that disadvantaged children in our country are faced with is a little more complex than that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My goodness. I said that they got a new gym. I didn't say that not all of them needed it.

I apologised to you if my wording wasn't correct. I also explained why I thought you meant literacy wasn't important. I understand you didn't mean that.

I have tried a number of times to respectfully explain myself but you keep at me. Can we please move on.

Lambjam thanks again for explaining the computer stuff so eloquently. I can see how important it is. I guess because it comes naturally to me I thought it wasn't a big deal to pick it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I still don't understand what you meant then when you said about every school getting a gym, unless it was just an exaggeration of the point you were trying to make about the BER.

Anyway, moving along.