+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really wanted to send the kids here..but could not get the kids in..

http://www.johncolet.nsw.edu.au/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twotrunks View Post
    So what about a per child Funding Model... Like ftb etc, where your income determines how much funding
    Your child has, and you choose whether to use it at public school or top it up to private levels? Surely that would be equitable?
    Ah yes, let's means test it. I was wondering when someone would suggest that. So if you live in a wealthy area, the school (public or private) gets bugger all funding? That hardly seems fair! How about the poor or disadvantaged kids that go to the public school in the wealthy area? They will miss out too.

Sorry berylsmum I didn't mean to offend you with my comments. I didn't know about the difference between non denom and 'Christian' non denom. And as far as shoving religion down your throats, I guess that's my opinion about the schools here in SA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    So what about a per child Funding Model... Like ftb etc, where your income determines how much funding
    Your child has, and you choose whether to use it at public school or top it up to private levels? Surely that would be equitable?
    I think that would be an excellent idea! probably the best I've heard so far But I'll add there should be a baseline of say 10k a year for kids no matter income. Then as income goes down funding goes up. That means the extra money can go to private for a low income family or redirected back into public to help pay for the extra programs

I don't think it should go by area. You have wealthy people living in less 'desirable' suburbs while some low income may be living in richer areas. It should go by income.
    Last edited by delirium; 22-04-2012 at 20:07.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    Ah yes, let's means test it. I was wondering when someone would suggest that. So if you live in a wealthy area, the school (public or private) gets bugger all funding? That hardly seems fair! How about the poor or disadvantaged kids that go to the public school in the wealthy area? They will miss out too.

Sorry berylsmum I didn't mean to offend you with my comments. I didn't know about the difference between non denom and 'Christian' non denom. And as far as shoving religion down your throats, I guess that's my opinion about the schools here in SA.
    Hey Mate, you didnt offend me.
    I am not happy with religion being shoves down people throats, but we have a few mums at DS's school complaining about it at out school...and I get annoyed...

They say its not right as the school is non denominational...but the school is called Northern Beaches CHRISTIAN school...LOL..

so its kind of like..duh ...
    sorry I sounded narky xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is a bit more like it
    If the funding were means based but also took into account various special needs individual children had. I would also advocate that buildings and grounds are funded for separately rather than taken from the same pool of money, again based on needs and that the government isn't funding and value adding to properties which are privately owned.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I understand. I can sound narky too without meaning it.
    I totally understand why you get annoyed when mums complain about a child being taught religion at a Christian school. You have to expect it and if you don't want it then send your kid elsewhere.
    My old school was COE and we did quite a lot of religion. Chapel every day etc. my family isn't religious at all and I basically ignored all the religious stuff.
    Luckily my DDs school, although uniting church, is quite easy on the religion. They have chapel every week but focus on the values (last time it was gratitude) that people should have.

Sorry, very off topic so I'll shut up now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry, very off topic so I'll shut up now.
    Lol..I dont know what the topic is anymore ...lol..

so please do not shut up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babyla, I can agree that maybe separate funding for building upgrades etc is a good idea. Then the schools that need it can upgrade.

But I still don't see how funding based on income of parents is fair.

From all accounts the BER was a massive waste of money anyway. I do think it's ridiculous that all schools got this fund whether they needed the buildings or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    Lol..I dont know what the topic is anymore ...lol..

so please do not shut up.
    Oh no I just meant shut up about the religion stuff lol!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

Ishtyban  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Babyla, I can agree that maybe separate funding for building upgrades etc is a good idea. Then the schools that need it can upgrade.

But I still don't see how funding based on income of parents is fair.

From all accounts the BER was a massive waste of money anyway. I do think it's ridiculous that all schools got this fund whether they needed the buildings or not.
    I agree I was actually running that through my head as you posted! It wouldn't work, you're right it needs to be based on educational need and the costs associated with that.