If your child has sensory processing disorder..... | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default If your child has sensory processing disorder.....

Could you please answer some questions?

My 5 year old DD has SPD and I am searching for answers. I am in the process of applying for a research grant.

Has your child been diagnosed with any other neurological conditions, or other related disorders?

Does anyone else in your family have sensory processing issues?

Does your child have a sacral dimple?

If anyone else in your family has SPD, do they have a sacral dimple?

( this not an part of my study yet, but I am just interested to see if I'm on the right track)

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bumping for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes she has a small one.
    My ds who has issues but not dx with SPD only APD with visual issues too, also has one but his is even harder to see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!

Anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been dx as SPD among other things, mainly neurological issues white matter loss on MRI- possible CP, epilepsy and agensis of the corpus callosum. Ds doesn't have a sacral dimple and no one else in the family has sensory issues. Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks sehan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, my DS who is now 7 was diagnosed with SPD & APD last year. I am not sure about the scarpel thing you are mentioning?? Please tell me more about this.

All I can say is that after he was diagnosed and I learnt more about the disorder it was like all the little pieces of the puzzle just came together - since day dot.

I was told that some of it may be pregnancy related if this information helps you at all he had a few of the markers:

Low birth weight
    Born pre term
    Severe Jaundice requiring light therapy
    IUGR - interuterine growth restriction

He has a 2.5 year developmental delay although on the exterior you would never know it as he is very outgoing and bright but we are starting to have some behavioural issues this year more relating to his anger and he cries a lot which is related to school - he is really struggling and hates school most days end with him in tears as soon as he gets home and trying to get to read his reader do his homework will see him lash out and get so angry and worked up to the point where we sometimes need to restrain him (just with a big bear hug cuddle). I hope you are able to get a research grant, thats really exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son has major sensory intergration issues, he has just been diagnosed with PDD-nos. He has had EEG, MRI ect done as we thought he was having absent seizures as well (though it was all clear and he has been fine since). He does have an interesting condition. Not that I would call it a condition but he has abnormal blood biochemistry results, he has seen a professor in metabolic disorders ect and we were told that he is actuly fine, just he lives on a certin higher levels and that it doesn't affect him at all.

FWIW - His older sister had a sacral dimple along with tumor which was removed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my son was diagnosed with SPD and asperger's and does not have a sacral dymple, no-one that i no of in our family has this either...