+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    By the time the kids start school we'll be living on the farm and homeschooling, so yeah they'll be staying home on their birthdays

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus^Lime View Post
    yep they do, I have to do a 12 hr shift mothers day *sob*
    Nothing special happening here, DH is away on course. Although I did use his credit card to buy myself some nice gifts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    BlissedOut yes thats a concern. I guess I will teach her that work is different and you can't take days of for things like birthdays. I never did at work
    I always had to go to school unless I was sick, but now I still take my birthday off work if it falls on a week day!

And I take Valentine's Day off too, and DH and I do something together.

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Worked today and two kids had birthdays. Both were there. Everyone sang happy birthday to them at assembly. The whole school and all the Mums and special people there for Mother's Day. We do this for Friday birthdays. I got a chocolate chip brownie from J for morning tea (as did the whole class). The other child brought me over a cupcake from her class which I has with lunch. E's teacher lets them wear a big birthday badge. J wore my special birthday hat, had a balloon tied to her chair, got to wear a sticker and could sit on a chair for floor time today.

Birthdays at school can be fun!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did till I was 14. My sister never has, hers is always in school holidays. Brother does.

This lot will to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always went to school on my birthday. And ds and dd have always gone to daycare/kinder on their birthdays and will continue to do so once they have started school. I have never really considered keeping them home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update. DD is actually going to school on her birthday. It's next Thursday. She wants to go see her friends on her day and I'm making special rainbow cupcakes for her class. I still agree with everything I said in this thread. But like I said, I'd give DD the choice and she chooses to go I hope she has a fun day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope she has a good day. I'm so used to making cup cakes for my girls birthdays that it's kind of strange not to be doing it for school anymore.

It's DD1's 13th birthday next Wednesday. She is actually looking forward to going to school. It's a tradition at her high school that friends give you a flower each on your birthday and her friends have decided they will be having a party at lunch time. And now that she actually has some nice friends it wont be like last year where she just got 1 flower when others will have their arms full. And any excuse for a party! It's bring something and everyone shares. Great bunch of girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My daughter is 12 and has had every birthday off. We do something special together. This year I think she may want to go to school to be with her friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My children definitely go to school/ daycare on their birthday- I would not have ever thought otherwise. This is the best day of the year to go to school. They love feeling like they are special for the day- they can take a cake there and talk about their birthday. We do a special breakfast before school and perhaps a nice afternoon tea or dinner after school.