+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS birthday always falls on school holidays but if it didnt Id send him to school still. Especially the first few years of school where you can take in cake, cup cakes, popcorn etc. for the whole class to celebrate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Emsmum85 I wouldnt make her stay home. Of course if she wanted to go she could But if she wants to stay home and do something with family she can as well. Its up to her. I always stayed home because it was funner then going to school IMO.

ETA - didnt expect so many replies lol I never start long threads
    Last edited by Jensha; 05-05-2011 at 12:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine don't as they are both born during school holidays as will our third. Amazingly we never planned for it to happen that way, so it's by pure luck that they'll never have to go to school on their birthdays.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    yep DD's birthdya is next week - and she is so excited that she gets to go on her birthday .... take cakes, be the birthday girl for the day etc....

I couldnt keep her home even if I wanted to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i let my son decide, last year (kindy) he decided to stay home and we made cookies and he decorated them, and made home made pizza for lunch, we watched his favorite movie and his played with his presents. he was stoked. i'll let him decide every year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My girls go to school on their birthdays, and in primary school take a cake to share with the class. DD5 is dissapointed that hers is always in the hollidays so she doesn't get to be at school on her birthday. She gets to take a cake on the first day on the next term to cellebrate the birthday she has just had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My girls always go to school on their birthdays. DD2 & DD3 love taking cup cakes into school and having everyone sing happy birthday. In fact if their birthday falls on a weekend I have to send in cup cakes for the friday or monday so they don't miss out LOL.

We don't do proper parties every year and even when they do have a party it's not with everyone.

DD1 liked taking cup cakes in all through primary school too. And now she is in High School we have found there is a tradition that all their friends give them a flower for their birthday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We never had to go on our birthdays. And then I made it a rule never to work on my birthday either! ( actually made that a "rule" at my work with all the staff!!) I suppose I'd leave it up to DS to decide , I think when they are younger they may want too but may change their minds when they get older?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My grandpa used to be a director of a massive multi-national company- he, nor any one that was aroud him had a day off on their birthdays.

He now runs 3 small businesses where all but 2 or 3 of the staff request days off for their birthday and he HATES it, Thinks its the slackest thing out

I never had days off school for my birthday, and I had my 21st off work, and 1/2 a day off work on my 18th soI could set up for my party (I still copped flack for that from my grandpa)

Hooves is offline My children/my legacy, the best of me is inside them.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine go to school on their birthdays.