+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My kids will go to school when the time comes. I always went to work and school. I don't see the big deal. You can celebrate, but you still have responsibilities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD1 has had her birthday fall on a daycare day last year and will again this year. she goes as per usual.
    i make cupcakes for the class and take them in and she loves having her cakes with her friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I think it seems to be a 'tradition' that passes down through the generations (whether you go or dont go) We had to go as kids and so I will be sending my own son when he goes to school.. its not a make or break in life though so whatever people choose to do is all good I think Right now my DS is 3.5yrs (as you know Jensha LOL) and he wouldnt have a clue when his birthday is.. we just tell him his birthday is the day of the party.
    completely with what you said - I dont think its an issue either way, if its a tradition you want and have had then its a nice thing to do

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Uh-Oh For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (05-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My oldest DS's birthday falls within the christmas holidays so he never has to worry about that but I'd probably send the other two (DD and my youngest DS) once they're at school and have a mini party at school for them or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, my birthday falls in the Xmas holidays and I always felt really ripped off I didn't get to have the class sing happy birthday.

Now I'm a teacher I still feel ripped off that I don't get a cake in the staff room!!

Now my dd's bday falls at Easter lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds2 will not be going to daycare on hoc birthday next week I'd way prefer to spend the day with him. But ds1 will be going to school once they reach primary school I think it's important for them to attend school everyday unless sick of course but I will be taking in a cake for him and will take him to the movies or bowling something special that afternoon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (05-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Absolutely! I can remember taking in cakes and showing off various birthday pressies. In about yr 4- my Mum organised a surprise lunch order- a milk, a sausage roll and a milky way. It was the best surprise EVER! As I got older- friends would organise balloons and all sorts of stuff. Half the fun is the fuss made by your friends. And than the fuss continues right into the night with my choice of dinner and desert and more pressies (1 special pressie in the morn, the rest after desert).

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (06-05-2011),Jensha  (05-05-2011)

DaddyLarge is offline I put on my robe and wizard hat...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sahm View Post
    You can celebrate, but you still have responsibilities.
    That's my thought, too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DaddyLarge For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (06-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My birthday "usually" feel on a school holiday, but the days it didn't ( all 2 of them if that haha) Mum made me an awesome cake to take to share with my class
    I wouldn't let DD stay home on her birthday, instead I'd like to do as my Mummy did and bake her a birthday cake extravaganzas. Lol

There may be times when we wag though
    I don't think I'd protest if she really wanted to stay home.
    Last edited by waterlily; 05-05-2011 at 12:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember going to school for my birthday.
    My mum used to surprise me, and come to class with cupcakes and my prezzie. I got to share my birthday with her and my class mates.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (05-05-2011)