+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi

I don't think you are in the minority I just don't think women talk about this to each other.

I too have a bladder prolapse. I'm only 30 and had my first a year ago. It was a long labour with an extended pushing stage.

During my time of the month is the worst for me everything feels heavy and draggy and the prolapse touches my underwear.

It's depressing and I am frequently teary about it. I also mourn the fact I won't be able to play netball again or do any high impact exercise. Or even cough or sneeze without feeling like everything is going south.

I've seen a physio to get an idea of exercises to do but they are not going to resolve the issue. I havn't had it formally graded but assume it's moderate.

This is a bit rambly and all over the place just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to felicia81 For This Useful Post:

mim  (20-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had a prolonged pushing stage too..nearly four hours! at the time i was happy id missed out on a csection..now i kinda think otherwise

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pesary Ring

I Girls I normally wear a pesary ring - I had one put in when I was about 1 yr post birth and it made me feel pretty liberated i.e. I went to feeling less than normal i.e. on a scale of 1 to 10 , 1 being horrible and 10 being normal - without the ring I would have put myself at say 3 or 4 and with the ring about 8 or 9 and so pretty good...

I am not wearing one currently as trying to fall pregnant with no2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anga View Post
    I Girls I normally wear a pesary ring - I had one put in when I was about 1 yr post birth and it made me feel pretty liberated i.e. I went to feeling less than normal i.e. on a scale of 1 to 10 , 1 being horrible and 10 being normal - without the ring I would have put myself at say 3 or 4 and with the ring about 8 or 9 and so pretty good...

I am not wearing one currently as trying to fall pregnant with no2
    The ring would be my next step but we too want another baby.

Do you wear it again once pregnant or does it come out till post birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey hun, I don't have a prolapsed bladder but i do suffer from urinary retention after the birth of my son 15 months ago.... i have to self catheterise and i go to the bathroom over 60 times a day.
    So i get what you mean feeling so alone cause i sure do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi there, welcome to bubhub!

I have a prolapsed bladder, bowel, uterus and cervix. So the whole thing! eeek!
    On top of this I still have pain from my SPD problem that I had last pregnancy and I also feel as though my stomach muscles are really weak as it hurts them to lift any thing heavy and on days that I am tired I also look very pregnant, or if my stomach swells from a bad diet (too much milk etc) it is really bad because I no longer have those muscles to keep it in I think.

Mine affects my life a lot too. I get pains in my stomach and vagina if I spend too long on my feet or do any thing that requires me to exert myself. Which is pretty much just doing things like a big clean of my house, lifting any thing too heavy etc. So yeah it is really quite demoralising for me, especially as people do not understand it at all. I am quite open about having it, as I feel I have to be, when I don't like to stand for long, or carry any thing too heavy etc I feel as though I have to emplain myself because people expect me to be the old fit me.

I used to love running and the gym and was naturally strong. I now feel so weak and like my body can't do any thing I want it to!

I have incontinence issues as well, which usually isn't a problem as long as I am not tired or have not done any thing big, but after a day in the city walking around, holding kids etc, the next day I have to spend at home because my prolapse bulges out of my vagina more and I have the incontinence issues.

so there you go! I am at least one person who knows what you are talking about!

Also, it is from my first, difficult birth as well and my daughter is three now too. I also have another girl and had a c-section for her.

I see a physiotherapist and urogynecologist too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    is it usually recommended to have a csec after a prolapse? i think i want one next time anyways!

gabberqueen- that sounds awful! will it ever improve or can u have surgery? can u pee at all by yourself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychedAboutMike View Post
    is it usually recommended to have a csec after a prolapse? i think i want one next time anyways!
    That is a case by case thing I think. For me, I couldn't guarantee an active birth and positions like being on all fours or squatting as my SPD meant that my muscles wouldn't support that and it was way to painful to do, so the reality is that I would probably have ended up lying down again due to the pain or having an epidural for the pelvis pain as what is what killed me in my first birth.

If your prolapse is not too bad and you can have an active birth (no epidural) and use prime positions for preventing damage, then I think a natural birth is reccomended.

Doctors disagree about whether a pregnancy makes it worse full stop by having the extra weight and relaxin hormones during the prengnacy, and so a natural birth wouldn't make it any worse... and then other doctors say that after your first pregnancy, you are not going to strectch as much in subsequent pregnancies, but because the vagina heals itself to an extent, you donn't want to risk stretching that area again as it is already fragile and you don't want to take that chance, so they say to have a c-section.

So you really have to decide what you think is the best for you situation and for your family. I guess it is good to have choices, but really hard to make that choice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

I know I know pretty sad I am online on mothers day but I go back to work again tomorrow full time after having 2 weeks off over Easter and so this will be one of my few chances to get on and say Hi and update etc!

Hi Felicia81

Thanks for your message

Hi Mitake

I cannot remember but I think you have the pesary ring out for the whole pregnancy - I have a vague memory of a mention that it may be able to go back in at 2nd trimester but not too sure on that...

Hi Gabber Queen
    My heart goes out too you and I can only hope that your condition does improve I really really do hope for you x

Melbourne Mummy
    Wow - so good to hear from you and your message too - thank you x

CSec - I agree with MelbMum _ I am pretty sure case by case but I know my mind is pretty much made up if we fall pregnant and I have another then CSec for me...I could not live with things worse down there

I have found - thanks to Psyched about Mike -the Prolapsed Health website and forums - it is brilliant. I have already ordered my Kegel8 machine online and CANNOT wait to receive it - the only thing is you cannot use it once pregnant and during pregnancy and so I am hoping to receive in next week or so to start using to see if I do get any results pre baby no2. - NOTHING to lose ... I have also emailed the HAB-IT DVD website with some general questions - I will be probably ordering this DVD that does all Pelvic Floor specific exercises and helps with prolapse apparently...alot of woman also recommend diet - I eat really really healthy anyway but never take suppliments but all recommending Vit D, Omega 3 and Magnesium etc...

Will definitely be giving you all feedback when I can

Missing my P Ring...but feeling so much more positive & stronger than what I have done in years thanks to the forums and actively seeking help outside of surgery at this stage.

HAPPy MoTherS Day to the most Amazing woman online x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello... so sorry you're going through this. My Mum has had the surgery for prolapsed bladder and i think it wasn't too bad. I myself have a slight prolapse.. I think slight of the cervix (dropped down a bit) and rectocele (sp) or the other ocele.. lol.. however functionally I don't notice anything.

I am very lucky in that I got told I had the prolapse just before getting pg with my second, and it's never worsened (that I can tell) - I've had 4 babies now.

I think the huge thing for me is lifestyle - not lifting, if I lift I brace up my pelvic floor, etc. My cervix seems roughyl in the right spot so far as I can tell.. it doesn't seem to drop down the way it used to.

So I guess from my history it is definitely possible to have additional natural births and not do further damage. My physio told me the damage is usually done in the first birth ..

If I sit crosslegged or a few other positions I get the draggy feeling .. I've sort of worked out what aggravates it so just avoid it.

I am pretty open about it.. many more women experience these changes than we realise I thnk!

eta in regards to the ring - I was told that if my prolapse worsened in rpegnancy (as it does for some) then I could have the ring to help. As it turned out my prolapse completely disappeared during prgnancy though.
    Last edited by Mrs Nietzsche; 08-05-2011 at 14:30.