+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi there Wizabef and shanan!!

Shanan - to answer your questions. Ive currently lived up in katoomba for 2.5yrs. I was actually born in katoomba hospital and then moved around with my family. I moved back to blackheath when my son was first born and lived there for two years before heading back to syd. So in total ive lived in the mtns 6.5yrs in my whole life. The best thing would have to be the views and quiet lifestyle.

So hows everyone going? Did everyone survive the freezing weather last week. Boy was it cold, i couldnt believe how cold it got too! Thank goodness for the wood fire heater, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello!

Shananaaah, congratulations on buying your block of land - I'm in Hazelbrook. I've lived up here for just over two years now... my partner grew up here but spent ten years living in Melbourne, I spent ten years there too, but grew up in Perth. For me, it's clean air, space to garden and the opportunity to save for a deposit on our own place that I'm enjoying most living here.

wizabef, hello - how exciting!

eviestar!

jaydensmum - I actually made it outside into the sun today, I think that my body is in shock. We've got the fire lit again tonight, mind. With two kids in cloth nappies, I'm being a bit shameless about using the clothes dryer at the moment.

Apologies for being fairly sporadic with posts here.. having a newborn again is a bit of an adjustment and I haven't been getting near the computer too often - I read along on my phone though.

Hope that you're all well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shananaaah - I've lived up here pretty much my whole life (spent around 2 years in Syd, and a year in Tassie) and I love the fresh air. I also like the cold - I don't cope well in heat, so I have been loving the cold weather lately (apart from the fact that I am trying to get stuff done before we have two kids, including painting) and it is harder in the cold!)

Catbiscuit - which brand of cloth nappies do you use? The 3 year old we are getting is still in nappies and I would prefer to use cloth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi everyone,

Wb Catbiscuit, i can totally understand with you having a new lil one and the juggling act, it takes time to get your routine all sorted.

Well i had my tonsillectomy yesterday so feeling a bit tired and sore. My throat feels like razor blades, but hopefully it wont last long. So much better knowing they are out and long gone!!

Well hope you lovely ladies are doing well, and chat with you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone! Good to hear you all love the mountains so much - I'm really looking forward to getting up there!

Jaydensmum, how are you feeling? Is it true you get to eat all the ice cream you want??!!!

So tell me ladies - how cold has it REALLY been up there? If we've had ice on the windscreen at Emu Plains for the last 3 days, I can only imagine what it's been like up there!

And I'd love some advice on the Best and Worst of what's up there - for example, I believe there is now an ALDI at Katoomba. Is that true? Do you find you have to come into Penrith much? Is there loads of kids activities etc? Are you happy with the schools or daycare etc your kids go to?

I'd love your experience! Hope you are all very well and keeping warm .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, How yucky is this smoke.

catbiscuit, Congrats on the little one. I'm the same, I always have a look on my phone but find it a pain posting on it and wait till I get a chance on the computer.

Jaydensmum, Hope you have a quick recovery.

Shananaaah, I have lived up here most of my life, was born in Sydney, grew up in Blackheath and have lived in Katoomba/Leura for about 6 years.
    I do like it up here, wish there was a bit more to do on a rainy day, but I find the drive to to Sydney or Penrith pretty easy if I want to get out of here.
    There is an ALDI in Katoomba now and also a Woolies in Leura.
    I do love that it's a very close community.

wizabef, what an amazing thing you are doing. Hope it is a smooth transition for you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

Shana - yep theres an aldi's at katoomba now and woolies at leura. They are also developing woolies and big w at katoomba.
    I hardly ever go into penrith or big city areas, katoomba caters for the basics. I suppose if you really need something more specific you would have to travel. I have been more than happy with both the preschool and school up here for my kids. They are very caring people and focus a lot of time on the kids development. It was very cold last week with days hitting below the minuses. But this week it has been lovely, with sunfilled days everyday!!

Well yesterday my recovery got worse. I ended up having fevers of the high 30's and my face, throat and neck all swelled up decreasing my talking abilities and breathing. So i had to be put on steroids and antibiotics to reduce swelling and infection. Thank god it worked and i feel much better today. Im still pretty sore and eating food is like fire going down but its slowly getting there.

Well i hope you all have a lovely weekend and chat with you all soon.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Local mother & Doula, Childbirth Educator & Calmbirth Practitioner!

Hi =) I live in the blue mountains in Katoomba! I also run Calmbirth classes, childbirth education & doula support in the area! Lovely to meet you all =) If you want to know more about me jump on my website! www.holisticfamilysupport.com.au

Hope your all enjoying this windy cold wintery day =) wouldnt be the mountains without the weather i guess!

Xo Jacquie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All,
    there are probably few people that remember me on the hub anymore, i used to spend a lot of time on here. I am back online and living in the lower mountains, really need a play group or something for my 2 yr old, we are bored and lonely. Any recommendations, please let me know, xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ones i love and go to with my 1.5 year old and 3 year old are the ABA ones at lawson and katoomba (every thursday fortnight) and homebirth group every first thursday and littlies homeschool group on friday fortnights =)