+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Epilator - oh dear god!

So, in all my wisdom I decided to get an epilator.

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought it would be relatively pain free. Boy was I wrong!

Aside from the sting as it rips out my hair... I have now got little red bumps on my legs

Will these go away? Or stay for a few days..? Aww I only have been able to do half of a leg. It's not that bad I guess, I just don't have time to keep shaving every week!!!

Any tips or tricks for the pain would be loved dearly! X

Beep beep sending from my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone...? I'm willing to offer bribes...!

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    the bumps don't stay - 24 hours for me max - essentially overnight. Avoid a shower straight after

The pain gets easier, but I find pulling the skin tight helps

avoid having hair that's too long as it makes it painful, you really only need a ml to get it to work

Good luck - it does last a lot longer than shaving so it's worth it, but every so often I shave just to get it totally smooth

finallyready is offline Lead me not into temptation... I can find it all by myself!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a similar reaction to what you would get with waxing. The redness and bumps will go away, usually by the end of the day. Try a cold face washer to settle it down a bit and avoid moisturiser until the redness goes away!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad I came across this thread. I am finding it hard to shave my legs but can't take Ds with me to get waxed. Was goi g to get an epilator but I think I'll just go hairy!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried one.. Sold it. Hurts too much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Epilators do the same job as waxing - they pull the hair from the root. That's why you've got little red bumps - it's all the blood rushing to the area to try and "fix" it. It'll go down - just avoid hot showers for about 24 hours.

It's one of those things you get used to though.

I will say though, if you really wanna know pain at the hands of an epilator... give yourself a brazilian with one. I've done it. More than once. And holy hell it's the most excrutiating pain I've ever experienced in that region. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post

I will say though, if you really wanna know pain at the hands of an epilator... give yourself a brazilian with one. I've done it. More than once. And holy hell it's the most excrutiating pain I've ever experienced in that region. lol.
    Haha oh dear god no!!!!!!!!! Lol I am
    Not even game to attempt that!

The bumps are starting to go down a bit, they are smaller now. I actually had a warm shower to get the bumps down, and then did another patch to see how it would go if I do it after I showered and it seems to be reacting the same - a little less bumpy though and going down over time

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblena View Post
    the bumps don't stay - 24 hours for me max - essentially overnight. Avoid a shower straight after

The pain gets easier, but I find pulling the skin tight helps

avoid having hair that's too long as it makes it painful, you really only need a ml to get it to work

Good luck - it does last a lot longer than shaving so it's worth it, but every so often I shave just to get it totally smooth
    Oblena has summed it up perfectly. It really is worth it .. plus over time (just like if you wax) you get less and less hair that grows back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine broke and I was devastated! Hanging out till christmas when I get a new one . I LOVE mine. I get pretty bad shaving rash and itchy skin where the hair grows back so am often in pain but with the Epi it was wonderful, yeah it hurts but its short lived and DOES get easier promise Don't use it before, during or after your period as you are more sensitive to pain and you really have to stick at it. I was ready to throw it out the door a few times but once you get into a routine its much easier.