Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    [Mod] Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Avon Reps Chat Thread #3

So I just went looking for the old one and it seems pretty dead so thought I'd start a new one.

I've just signed up as a rep and have a territory etc. Just finishing sorting my first lot of books to hand out tomorrow but have a few queries and can't be bothered msg'ing my leader person

Do you just leave them near the door or do you actually knock and ask if they want it?

If someone places an order do you get the money when you pick up the book?

umm can't think what the other question was now.. will come back.
    Last edited by [Mod] Myztik; 03-05-2011 at 09:06.
    ~Administrator~
    single mummy to
    DS1 11 * DS2 7 * DS3 3
    "..consequences dictate, course of action then it, doesn't matter what's right, It's only wrong if you get caught.."

[Mod] Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Anyone?
    ~Administrator~
    single mummy to
    DS1 11 * DS2 7 * DS3 3
    "..consequences dictate, course of action then it, doesn't matter what's right, It's only wrong if you get caught.."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I just stopped being a rep last December. I dropped to my full territory for the first 4 campaigns and on the last full drop I put a note in with each catalogue that this would be the last full drop I was doing and would only drop to customers though if they'd still like to receive the avon books to please write their address on the bottom of the note and leave it out as usual with the book for collection. I never knocked and asked though if I saw people outside in those first 4 drops I asked them if they were interested. It's handy to keep a notebook with you to note all this down and especially since there were some people who wrote a nice note saying no more books please but didn't write an address so I was able to jot this down straight away.

I'll leave the other question you have as you're probably well into your Avon work now. I hope it's going well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not an avon rep but have seriously thought about going back to it. Itll be my 3rd time which is fitting as i have 3 kids and had to stop because of the last few weeks of pregnancy and then the newborn stage. But bub is 6 months and hopefully being the last bub i want to stay at home more........however its started to do my head in doing the same thing day in, day out you know how it goes lol.

Ssssssooooo trying to convince myself to do as i do have family to at least sell to (mum, mil, nan, sil) and now ill have facebook which i never had before (fingers crossed itll be easier to get people) BUT i live 10min out of town (no prob) but in my old house i had a territory right there.

So any big changes to avon and any incentives/encouragement to come back??? Havent spoken to dp yet but its not really the money i do it for but always made sure i wasnt over spending so it worked out even.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    still no bites . well im over the christams and new year stagejust got married and with kids off to school in next couple of days thinking yep im going to go for it....just waiting for an incentive which i usually get every so often from avon lol. So any others out there yet???

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi from a current rep.

Well the money still isn't fantastic, but I think they're starting to realise they need to sweeten things to keep us
    I got a free diary for putting in a certain number of customers; a cheeseboard/wine set just for putting in orders over Christmas and the next gift is a cosmetic bag and set, just for putting in 2 consecutive orders. We get little products to keep for taking on promo packs, and if you go to sales events you can pick up some nice freebies as well.

I started off dropping brochures in letterboxes with notes saying I was the new Avon lady, then as i built my customer base I'd just drop notes with my details in to the ones who weren't ordering, just to remind them.

You collect the money when you deliver the goods.

Any other questions just ask I actually am more into helping others get started and keep going, because I do think it's a good company, just tends to forget about the reps out there pounding the footpaths

Thanks
    Reviews
    Money was never really good but it got me out of the house doing something. I started a thread about using facebook to promote myself selling avon (as ive seen others do it) but wasnt too sure if it was allowed and also if its better using it under a group, a page or just a whole new profile. Ive also just been waiting for an incentive to come back as i get them every now and then in emails, did receive the cheeseboard flyer which i thought was weird as im not actually doing avon just yet.

Well at least its good to know someone is still doing it. I went thru the last thread about avon and everyone was really into it supporting eachother. Hopefully theres some more avoners out there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi CookieMonsters!I've been a rep for nearly a year & love it.I do quite well & love the flexibility.It does get you out of the house doing something & I love their products.I'm new on here but would love to speak to other reps about how they're going & new products etc.I think chatting about it keeps me motivated!I've been in the 35% bracket since my 1st campaign so always looking for ways to stay inspired to keep up there.I've always been in the top ten sellers in my district despite not feeling like I work that hard.I imagine if i got right into it I could make heaps more money,which I need!Lol.Hope to get some replies.
    Last edited by Daisyfromavon; 09-05-2012 at 22:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    argh just when i decide not to go back ive been thinking and thinking well i dont have much else going for me atm with kids being young and dps work hours. But i still have a few questions to ask avon or even if others know the answers: would i be allowed to make a page/group/profile promoting myself as an avon rep and getting customers like that,
    through fb as well can i promote myself on my profile and the community or buy sell swap pages like many others do
    and i know about territories but with the catalogues being online now can u put on community boards like in iga/fish and chip joints that im an avon rep???

Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place wanting to do something for myself and going back for a third time kinda know my way around and know NOT to spend too much on myself just so it covers customers lol