+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Choosing natural skin care products - Are you sacrificing effectiveness?

I have recently started buying moogoo for my body and will move on to the hair products once my other has run out, and have seen the face care products but I'm just not too sure. I have been using Roc products and my skin is really nice when using them and soooo smooth, also my somewhat uneven skin tone is better when I use them, but god only know what chemicals are in there to have this effect.

So... my question is, when changing to natural products, do you lose some of the (anti-ageing) benefits?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't believe in anti-aging benefits and think that's a total gimmick, so my answer is no.

You can't `anti-age'. You can just drink lots of water, moisturise your skin, eat healthily, exercise and don't smoke. THAT's how you get nice skin.

I use MooGoo for everything and love, love, love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess when I say anti-ageing, I am refering to the things such as wrinkles and discolouration etc that come under the umbrella of this term. The product that I use at the moment is good for both of these things (on a day to day basic, based on me looking in the mirror) but I guess it is full of cr@p!

Babelfish - Do you use the oil cleanser?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't believe in anti-aging either, I think the best thing you can do is what babel mentioned and wear sunscreen, but I don't like sunscreen because of the chemicals (although I don't use all natural products but it just smells and feels so chemical-y). Apparently coconut oil has sun protection properties, don't know if it's true but I use it on my face sometimes just because it's nice.

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    The 'anti-aging' effect of most products is either harsh acids that strip the first couple of layers off your skin, to 'reveal' the skin that's underneath OR moisturisers to plump out the skin and make it look less wrinkly. There is nothing that can be done about wrinkles, really. Not permanently anyway, unless you want to have plastic surgery.

Staying out of the sun, or applying sun screen when you do go in the sun, using a natural moisturiser, drinking lots of water and eating well, getting enough sleep, and not smoking or squinting are actually going to help you avoid wrinkles far more than any of the harsh products on the market - which are actually going to damage your skin (and who knows what else!) long term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The problem is I have blotchy, uneven skintone that no amount of sun protection will fix, nor hydration (believe me, I do all of this)... Please don't mistake my original post for buying into the gimmicks. Products that contain retinol (vit a) seem to work for me, but there is a lot of crap in them which is why I am wondering about the efficacy of natural products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ahhh, I get ya! Could u just use the one retinol cream and replace the rest with moogoo? I have really dry skin and have to use an aha cream (chemical exfoliator). Scary coz I know it just chemicals but damn it works well!
    What retinol cream do you use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a Roc one but it is not one of the high retinol products because I'm breastfeeding, and I have their foaming facial cleanser too. I have used other products that seem ok, but when I go back to Roc the improvement in my skins feel and appearance is amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use akin organic rosehip oil and that's it. My skin is loving it, feels and looks awesome. Occasionally I use a homemade scrub I'm having a few pregnancy breakouts :/
    try it