+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    In nz they say they are safe to use a seat belt when the 148cm high. also we moved our son cos he was over the weight limit of 26kgs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh ok.. I think the new laws here in SA state that all children to the age of 7 have to be in a booster (or am I wrong?).

I dont mind changing seats, as long as I can still get good quality ones (safe) I am happy . The ones we have should sell easily enough for us to buy replacements..

I'm also wondering would a baby capsule fit in with 2 slimmer boosters?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Oh ok.. I think the new laws here in SA state that all children to the age of 7 have to be in a booster (or am I wrong?).

I dont mind changing seats, as long as I can still get good quality ones (safe) I am happy . The ones we have should sell easily enough for us to buy replacements..

Laws are similar nation wide, in a booster till 7 unless they exceed the weight limit before hand.

Only way to see if seats will fit in a car, is to put them in or combine the total width & measure the back seat to see if they fit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lidz View Post
    DH has a 2007 Toyota Hilux and apparently one of our friends has 3 in the back of their hilux. We haven't tried as we don't have 3 kids...

Worth looking into..
    I've been in an 08 Hilux and 3 seats fit across the back just the same as 3 seats fit across the back of my Camry. Also my friend has an 06 Navara that fits 3 across the back, the Hi Liner, the Maxi Rider and a Fisher Price carseat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Yep you could have the babylove ezyup, infa vario or sns hi liner booster and capsule but it would be worth double checking if you could. I changed carseats instead of cars heaps less trouble. lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome, thanks everyone!! Will look into all those car seats and will check back into this thread to tell you what we went with .

M.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Mands~ For This Useful Post:

share a book  (30-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any luck w the seats

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took mine to a fitting station last year when I was having my third and it is actually illegal to have 3 anchored carseats in the back of a rodeo as the seat isn't made for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Are there 3 anchor points? Cos that would suggest that the car is designed for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had a 2010 Colorado (rodeo basically). It had 3 anchor points but in don't know how you would manage to tighten the anchor belts and seat belts for the car seats with 3 in there. The back seat was narrow and a PITA to fit even 2 seats and tighten them correctly. The newer utes 2012 models and on are wider but more expensive obviously. (Colorado, Ford Ranger and VW Amarok). We just upgraded to a 2009 Landcruiser as DH was fed up with the Colorado and its tiny backseat. This is now my car cause I drive the kids around all day :-)