+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We do parties according to our budget at the time. If it allows, then sure, why not. If it doesn't then we usually go out to the child's favourite restaurant and have a cake and pressies at home. This year I am hoping to have A big 2nd party for DS2 as his 1st Birthday wasn't that great. And DS1 will also get a "super hero" themed party for his 4th birthday Next Feb (he is at the age where he is more aware of birthday's/parties etc.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hansmum View Post
    I never had lavash bday parties when I was young but I clearly remember the huge amount of fun I had with a few friends. My bdays where always at home, my mum made all the party food and the cake. This is one of my favourite childhood memories and I will do the same for my DD. Her 1st and 2nd bdays where at home with family and friends, just small parties. Her 3rd bday will be at home and we might invite 2 or 3 of her friends, eat traditional party food, play pin the tail on the donkey, pass the parcel and make some small lolly bags to take home!!
    I cant comprehand the amount of money ppl spend on their childrens bday parties
    THIS! Growing up we always had a party at home, Mum did all the food and made a cake,and we played simple games! Best parties ever!!

I have only had one big party so far,it was for DS1 who was turning 5 and he had a superhero party with 15 friends.We had it at home,and hired an entertainer.She was sooooo bad,I complained and didnt end up paying anymore money.(just a $100 deposit which I thought was bad enough!!)
    It was a great day though.
    My DS2 is turning 3 this year so he is having a party at home,just a few friends,pretty lowkey.
    Its hard coz my boys are a day apart so I cant do massive parties every year

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has a birthday party every year. He is my only child and I don't want to miss a beat. I've only probably got until he turns 13 or so until parties are uncool so I want to enjoy every single year of it. I also think that children don't become ungrateful due to what they get/have but as a matter of what they are taught. DS has/gets a lot- a lot of stuff and a lot of attention, but I wouldn't say he's a brat or ungrateful because he's taught that we are very lucky to have what we do- both in each other and materialistic things.

How do I decide what to do each year? Well, so far- my main aim is something different each year.
    1st birthday- big party at the park with family and friends. Sausage sizzle, nibblies, cake, playground- no games
    2nd birthday- smaller party at the park with just family and close friends. BYO picnic and no games- just playground
    3rd birthday- at the Wiggles playcentre
    4th birthday- a ghost themed party. Supposed to be at a park but was too windy so in our garage. Home made games.
    5th birthday- a clown party with entertainer at my parents house. Lots of fun. BEst party ever. Entertainer worth her weight in gold!
    This year/6th birthday- at Hungry Jacks. Easy, and surprisingly the cheapest at just $6.90 a head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Simply mum you replied to this thread 3 times lol it is an interesting topic even if I do say so myself :-D

Me and She - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Bubhub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a party every year. She is an only child with not many friends. She is never invited anywhere, so I let her have a really good party that kids will not only turn up for, but they will also talk to her about for weeks after. She has a theme and has it somewhere really good (under water theme at the aquarium, dinosaur theme at the museum, as examples) and I make sure it's full of good memories for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Simply mum you replied to this thread 3 times lol it is an interesting topic even if I do say so myself :-D

Me and She - 4

I was thinking this too And share a book you already replied too. But I don't mind coz I love talking parties!

Ds is 10 months and we'll do something for his bday every year. His 1st bday we have 60 family & friends coming over for sausage sizzle. There'll be afew little people there but it's more about us this time!

As he gets older he can have some input - of course it will depend on our budget - but even if he doesn't get a party we'll make his day special, ill do balloons & cake and he can have his favorite foods We will probably always do something, as pp said park party's are pretty cheap!

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spideysmummy View Post
    I was thinking this too And share a book you already replied too. But I don't mind coz I love talking parties!

Ds is 10 months and we'll do something for his bday every year. His 1st bday we have 60 family & friends coming over for sausage sizzle. There'll be afew little people there but it's more about us this time!

As he gets older he can have some input - of course it will depend on our budget - but even if he doesn't get a party we'll make his day special, ill do balloons & cake and he can have his favorite foods We will probably always do something, as pp said park party's are pretty cheap!

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!
    Sorry, felt the need to go further into why she has one, and why she has the type she has since hitting school age

8. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We do a big party each year. Kids can pick where and what theme.

Ds so far has had
    1 - Thomas tank - home
    2 - Elmo - hom
    3 - Space Party - playcentre
    4 - Space Party (long running obsession) different playcentre
    5 - Batman Party - home with entertainers dressed as batman and batgirl
    6 - This year he wants an insect theme (latest obsession)

DD
    1 - Garden Party - home
    2 - Teletubbies - home - with daddy dressed as dipsy... toooooo funny!
    3 - Dora - home - with entertainers dressed as dora and boots
    4 - This year she wants strawberry shortcake

Birthdays are a big deal - we dont have a lot of family - so we invite all their friends etc. I only ever had one birthday party as a kid and feel kind of ripped off about it - so go out of my way for my own babies. They love and look forward to it all year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Sorry, felt the need to go further into why she has one, and why she has the type she has since hitting school age
    Don't be sorry :-)
    I forgot all about this thread but it's getting to that time again and I'm starting to organize dd's party this year and stumbled across this thread again

I love talking parties too. There do fun and exciting to organize.

Me and She - 4

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah don't be sorry! I could talk parties all day