+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Photography Course- Week 5: Fun Effects - Camera Filters, Soft Focus, Zooming And Pan

Week five is upon us. Congrats to all who have made it this far!

If you think you might like to join in, check out this thread for details.

Easy to catch up

The fifth lesson is: Camera Filters, Soft Focus, Zooming And Pan

So read through the lesson this week, and then use what you've learned to complete the assignment:
    Quote:
    Assignment 1: I don't expect people to go out and buy a bunch of new equipment. If your budget allows it or you already have any of the above filters in your inventory, go out and take some shots with and without the filters to compare the difference. Even if you don't have access to the filters listed in the assignment, try the nylon stocking stretched over the lens for a soft-focus effect and let me see what you come up with. Try and find a subject that will be particularly fitting for soft-focus and see what happens.

Assignment 2: Practice panning to capture a moving object and blur the background. It's fun! Once you get the hang of it you'll be impressed with yourself. Post your best results for us all to see.
    The assignment is 'due' on Monday the 2nd of May. A new thread for the next lesson will be posted on the day before (Sunday).

If you like, please post your images in this thread! You don't *have* to if you don't want to though, but definitely use this thread for chat and tips!

Any questions just ask away - have fun

If you have a Flickr account, you can make your images show in the thread that automatically includes a link back to the Flickr page.
    To do this, go to your photo on flickr. Where the little facebook/email/twitter icons are directly above it, click on the drop arrow. Click on "grab the HTML/BB code", and make sure the "BB code" selected. I've used SMALL size below - copy the text in the little box and simply paste into your post here on BH.
    It will look like this:
    93/365: composition (thirds) by phozographer [doing a 365], on Flickr

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The C Team For This Useful Post:

Shanaynay  (25-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thankyou & thankyou! Work/life has been crazy & I knew someone would start the new weeks so didn't stress too much

Now..... assignments

These can be fun ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries!
    Hope you all had fantastic Easters

Here are my assignments for the week: Assignment 1 & Assignment 2.

You were right phineas, very fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When i click on the blue font to see the lessons, it tells me 'page not found'
    Can anyone else see the page ?