+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We told our immediate family around 5 weeks. My closest friend found out when I was about 10 weeks, I accidentally left my ultrasound photo from 6 weeks out and she saw it. But we didnt tell all our friends until after the 12 weeks scan.

Next time round I'll probably not tell anyone until after the 12 week scan again. It was hard work keeping my family to keep their mouths shut lol

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know this sounds morbid, but from my experience, who & how many you tell now depends on what sort of fall out you would be able to handle if you lost the pregnancy.

If you are an open sort of person who feels comfortable that you'd have widespread support & understanding if you lost the pregnancy & would not feel uncomfortable with everyone knowing the reason for your sadness, then let everyone know now.

If you're more private & want to tell just a few and can trust that they a) will not go telling everyone else, & b) be supportive if you lost the pregnancy, then go ahead & tell just them.

But if you are very private, keep it to yourself.

I know, you want to shout your wonderful news from the rooftops but having experienced a miscarriage (I'd only told a few, but my mother had gone against my wished & blabbed big time!) & then having to deal with people ringing up to congratulate me when I was nursing my anguish was so hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We told our parents and two closest friends immediately. They knew we had been trying for a long time, so they were happy for us. No one else knew we were trying, so we waited the 12 weeks before telling the rest. By that time it was starting to look suspicious that I wasn't drinking! I even pretended to have a glass once, to throw people off the scent...

Sent from my Desire HD using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it purely depends on you!
    We told close family and a few very close friends, because if heaven forbid something bad did happen we would want them to know why we were upset, I made the big announcement to more distant family and friends after we got the all clear from our 12 week scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    whenever you feel ready to.

with ds 1 we waited till around 10 weeks to tell close family. we wanted to wait till 12 weeks but my mil and fil were heading overseas for 4 months and we wanted to tell them in person. so we told them on mothers day as it felt right i enjoyed having a little secret inside me.

with this one we told family straight away. i had had an ectopic where i called on so much of their support that i realised that waiting around to tell them did not matter. also they knew how much ttc was taking its toll.

i still kept it a secret from heaps of friends and people i know until 12 weeks.

congratulations. i am sure what ever you decide, will be exciting and a wonderfully special time

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out at 7-8 weeks.

waited about 2 weeks to tell mum, MIL & sister.

waited another 2 weeks (till i was just over 12 weeks pregnant), to tell nana, pop, cousins, friends, boss etc.

Ive know 2 girls who told EVERYONE straight away (as in when they were 2-3 weeks pregnant) and unfortunatly both lost their baby (at about 5 weeks gestation) and had to then go and tell everyone they werent pregnant anymore So i wanted to be very sure this was going to be a viable pregancy before announcing it to the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I have tod my close family at 2 bestfriends at the moment. Will be having a scan this week to get my exact date ect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The best time to tell is when it's right for you.

For us, we told immediate family (mums & dads, siblings) pretty much straight away. They all know to keep it secret until we've made a public announcement. I also chose to tell one close friend so that I had someone to confide in and cover for me if I wasn't drinking at a social event etc. my bestie is pretty cluey she would have figured it out anyway.

As for everyone else. I wait until after 12 week scan and then tell friends in person as I see them. I wait much later for public announcement, work etc - but make sure I do it before I start showing!

I have had 2 successful pregnancies and one miscarriage. I was happy I had told family and a close friend before I miscarried - it meant I had their full support and understanding which was important to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First pregnancy we initially only told one couple that was close to us, as we had been TTC at the same time and they had just fallen pregnant too. Then we told a couple of other close friends and our immediate family after we had our first dating scan and we were more confident that things were going well. Announced to everyone else at 12 weeks.

Second pregnancy, I told my bestie straight away and hubby told a friend of his too. I miscarried early and I was so glad I hadn't told anyone else because I just cannot stand other people's sympathy and my mother especially would have been nightmare to deal with.

If we manage to have another pregnancy, I will probably still tell my bestie but no one else will find out until 12 weeks.