+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When do you think is the best time to tell family and friends your pregnant?

Just wondering what everyone thinks is a good time to tell family and friends your pregnant. I have found out 1 week ago im pregnant and im now aprox 5-6 weeks. Im sooo excited and have told 2 friends and my mum (and partner obviously) so far and thats it. I dont think i can hold it in much longer so just curious as to how long people waited to tell eveyone??
    Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Immediate family we told pretty much straight away .. With the twins we waited until 20wks as it was quite high risk pregnancy for us and I was 16 and needed time to deal with it myself. With this pregnancy pretty much the same but told people around 18weeks, once again another high risk pregnancy. As excited as I was, being quite young people were very judgmental ad rude which makes it easier to not tell lol.

Alot of people wait until 12weeks but really it's a personal thing and you and ur dp should tell people whenever u choose. Congrats on the pregnancy, hope it's a breeze.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I waited until 3 months with my first and 5 months with my second haha. Personal preference. Didny want people saying "you have been pregnant for ages! Etc"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With DS I rang my parents straight away as I was way to excited... I was only a few weeks along, although i waited til I had confirmation from my dr first.

Then we told DF's family, waited a bit for friends

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had every intention to wait till 12 weeks. But checked in with the pregnancy line as soon as I got my positive ad the person on the phone was a calinstenics mum from the same club as my sister in law so we decided to tell my mother in law before she heard it from the grapevine!

Probably wouldn't havnt have been ableto keep it from her anyways seeing as how she's a midwife and l ew most the midwives at the hospital I was at anyways!

But telling people so early made it feel an awful lot longer. Soooooooo log to wait for the first scan, I kept peeing on sticks to make sure I was still pregnant!

Aiming for an accidental pregnancy next time! Finding out at 12 weeks would be soooooo much better then 3 lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I couldn't wait! We pretty much told close family right away and then everyone else around 6 weeks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pretty much as soon as I had it confirmed via a scan. Too excited after our ectopic, to NOT share the good news as soon as we saw the heartbeat. It was around 6 weeks and we announced it at Christmas to family and friends.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We normally tell everyone after we have a scan and see that there is a heartbeat but this time I told the ILs before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I only told my best friend and df when I found out. My mum guessed but I didn't confirm for her and I told my dad (cause I live with him) when I started to miscarry and that's when the rest of my family found out. If I didn't miscarry I would've told them after the 12 week scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First pregnancy, around 14 weeks. It was a surprise and we were coming to terms with the news ourselves.

Second pregnancy, 22 weeks (after our morphology scan.) Although we told both sets of parents after the 12 week scan. I had a lot of issues in the first 12 weeks and I didn't want to have to tell everyone that I had miscarried. Then we went on holidays for 6 weeks so just told everyone when we got back