+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've just realized the original posts from this thread are 3 years old and the only thread this member has commented on since becoming a member is this one...
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 11-06-2014 at 16:25.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

sky1  (11-06-2014),VicPark  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update. I ended up taking my 13 year old out of Geelong College. There was bullying which the school ignored. Two other mothers also complained re. the same child. Another mother had her son's brand new lap top damaged by the same child so it wasn't just my son having problems with this little "monster". Every time this particular child was absent from school. the whole class rejoiced. Then there was the issues mothers had with this child's mother. Good grief a living nightmare.
    Anyway, Kardinia has been a blessing. My son is happy and has had the best results ever. He lacks confidence and Kardinia, unlike College, which did absolutely nothing, got my son to see a psychologist. They put the utmost importance on the child's emotional well being. The vertical curriculum is fantastic and my son is working a year 8 level in 3 units.
    I am giving an objective view as I have found some reviews and comments to be very negative when I have criticized the Geelong College. Their comments have been pathetic and biased, especially since their children have never attended Geelong College and don't like the negative but truthful comments because they are offended as they plan to send their children there. Unfortunately, Geelong Grammar which is one of the most expensive schools in Australia have results lower than both Geelong College and Kardinia International College so for that reason, I chose not to send my son there
    I highly recommend Kardina as it is also a high achieving academic school not obsessed with APS sport and doesn't force it's students like Geelong College to train every Monday and Thursday night and Saturday mornings for their stupid APS sports as they are obsessed with winning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow. No apology for your last comment?

Great news your child is loving Kardinia and sorry to hear you had such an awful experience at College but I'm confused about the rest of your post and also your comments on Grammar since you raved about them earlier. You obviously have a massive bone to pick with College and that's understandable given your experience. But you seem to be choosing to ignore any other comment I posted and claiming bias just because I said my husband enjoyed his time there, I've considered you're experience every time and not sure why you ignore any comment I've posted regarding bullying.

Please stop including any attack or passive aggressive comment towards me in your posts. You have every right to not like College just as I have every right to still be considering it. I wasn't offended to hear you didn't like it, just surprised and disappointed since everyone we know who went there look back fondly (as others in this thread do). That's a valid reaction.

Also your post is anything but objective.

Again my child is 5 months old. Yes College is on our list because my husband went there but we are not officially set on College. We will look at the issue of bullying and how they deal with it when we are closer to the time of enrolling. Schools change and we're years off. But chances are high we won't even be living in Geelong and it won't be an issue.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 06-07-2014 at 00:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kardinia

Thought I would update since I haven't posted in here since 2011!

My DD is starting preschool at Kardinia next year. I'm SUPER excited