+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gabi1959 View Post
    Bullying should not exist at a $25,000 a tear school. End of story!!
    I'm sorry, but bullying is just as much about a child's home life as it is about the school. It's not just up to the school to combat it and is something that should be a priority no matter the economic status of the school or family.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-04-2014)

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I guess it depends on where you end up buying. Belmont is a nice area and the local primary schools are quite good. I like Belmont primary as it's nice and quite small. Belmont high is probably one of the best public secondary schools in Geelong.
    Having said that, we live out the other side and are looking at leopold primary and possibly saint ignatius for secondary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same here. I went to Sacred Heart in Geelong and had nearly 3 years of hell there. I had friends whose daughters also went to Sacred Heart and were bullied also. It got so bad that they ended up getting a restraining order. Police were involved as well. They put their daughters into Kardenia international College and they thought it was great. Kardinia is also getting very high marks. Higher than Grammar. Suprising as their fees are a quarter those if Grammar. I'll be giving them a call in the morning. I've already withdrawn my son from College. He's very happy.. if he's happy, I'm happier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we are thinking of Highton primary school and Bellaire Primary school as an option for my daughter. She's 3.5 yr old now. We also apply for Kardinia International College but not sure that we could get through (as a kid from a family we know just jot rejection last month for kindergarten).

Can you pls give some ideas of those schools as we moved to geelong not long and this is our first kid, so it's is hard to pick one. We're living in Belmont but happy to move if need to relocate somewhere good for kid.
    Thank you so much.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both get good results. High ton is an IB school if you're interested in that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have our son enrolled in Clairvaux Catholic primary and St Roberts Catholic in newtown which is a very good school hard to get into unless you live in newtown
    I've heard Chill well primary in newtown is great to and fyans park primary

Montpellier is meant to be good

Christian college has a good rep
    Kardinia wouldn't accept my son either for kinder they interviewed us and my son like a test ... put me off the school big time

My son will continue on to st josephs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I'm sorry, but bullying is just as much about a child's home life as it is about the school. It's not just up to the school to combat it and is something that should be a priority no matter the economic status of the school or family.
    You obviously must have a child who is a bully as your reply obviously would indicate this. What a stupid and ignorant thing to say. So according to you the school should wash its hands and condone bullying. So parents are to blame if their child is being bullied. I would feel embarrassed if I wrote what you did. This is true ignorance . The same as shown by the geelong college

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You obviously must have a child who is a bully as your reply obviously would indicate this. What a stupid and ignorant thing to say. So according to you the school should wash its hands and condone bullying. So parents are to blame if their child is being bullied. I would feel embarrassed if I wrote what you did. This is true ignorance . The same as shown by the geelong college
    ????

First, my child is 17 weeks old, so far from a bully.

Second, I was horribly bullied in high school.

Third, my response was referring to the parents of the bully. That it is just as much their responsibility to help combat bullying as it is the school's. A child isn't just a bully because of what school they go to, it usually has to do with home life as well. It's an issue for parents too, that's not a comment that is ignorant or mean.

It shouldn't matter how much you are paying, bullying shouldn't be a problem anywhere.

What's your problem? I don't believe I deserved to be attacked. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with schools but you're misinterpreting my comment and obviously have a problem that I'm ok with Geelong College. Maybe you should go back and read all my comments...
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 10-06-2014 at 23:33.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

sky1  (11-06-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I don't think that was what was implied at all!

So you don't agree that parents/family are a major influence on the behaviour of children? Then why do we all work so hard to bring them up well?

I'm a teacher and I can assure you that no bully is ever going to stop his or her behaviour without full support from the family, which is often (but not always) sadly lacking.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I don't think that was what was implied at all!

So you don't agree that parents/family are a major influence on the behaviour of children? Then why do we all work so hard to bring them up well?

I'm a teacher and I can assure you that no bully is ever going to stop his or her behaviour without full support from the family, which is often (but not always) sadly lacking.
    Thank you! This was my point. I know in my case of bullying it didn't really matter what the school did, the parents' gave a rat's a** about their children's behavior so the kids could care less how often the school told them off, they had no ramifications when they got home. Or they were going through something and acting out.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 10-06-2014 at 23:45.