+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH went to Kardinia International College and LOVED it! I'm pretty sure if we are still living in Australia when Peyton is high school age she will be going there. He participated in alot of music programs there, and was part of the jazz band. He also had the opportunity to go over to Japan a few times with the school, as they have a sister school over there. He now has cousins that go to the school and they really enjoy it as well.

I live down the street from Geelong College, and I think it is soooo beautiful! It is another of my top schools for Peyton one day lol!
    Good luck choosing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is Kardinia College hard to get into from Kindergarten? Is it first in best dressed, or does it go by interviews? Is it a good school?
    What is Christian college like? Im leaning more towards KIC

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my son at both Grammar and Geelong.

Bullying is not dealt with well at Geelong College whereas Geelong Grammar place a lot of emphasis on the psychosocial and emotional well being of its students. Geelong College dont alliw kids that aren't great at sport to participate in APS competition whereas Geelong Grammar do. I am now in the process of taking my son out of college and putting him into grammar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also , I went to Sacred Heart and was bullied and friends of mine also had a restraining order against a student who bullied their daughter. They transferred her to Kardinia and were very happy. A friend of mine was sexually molested at St. Josephs therefore stay away from catholic schools. Horrible places

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gabi1959 View Post
    I had my son at both Grammar and Geelong.

Bullying is not dealt with well at Geelong College whereas Geelong Grammar place a lot of emphasis on the psychosocial and emotional well being of its students. Geelong College dont alliw kids that aren't great at sport to participate in APS competition whereas Geelong Grammar do. I am now in the process of taking my son out of college and putting him into grammar.
    This is interesting to read. My husband went to Geelong College and when I read him that he said if I would have just read the description he would have thought it'd be Grammar that you were talking about in regards to bullying and sport. Things may have changed since he went there though but in his day all were allowed to participate in sport, they had 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc divisions.

Many of our close friends are all from College and they are all successful, well rounded people that look back fondly on College. But we have Grammar and Sacred Heart friends that are as well.

Not much help sorry but I know we'll be putting our kids down for College.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 20-04-2014 at 07:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Things probably have changed but with regards to the APS not all children get a go unlike Grammar; and I'm talking about now in 2014.
    There's bullying going on at College. There's a boy in my son's class who has broken another
    Child's laptop, throws water onto laptops ( parents have to pay an excess 8f they're broken, he's distuptive in class, etc. Nothing has been done about this child.
    Good luck with College but I can't wait to get my son out.
    There were a few parents who were also considering college at the Grammar open day . But after I answered their questions they said they won't be going to the college open day andthey'll give the college a miss.
    All parents look for different things. Some are happy with grammar and some are happy with college. I suppose each to his own

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    College is just one school we'll be registering for, we currently live in a London so it will all be dependent on where we actually are. We'll investigate your points when the time comes (DS is only 10 weeks and wouldn't attend until year 7 at the earliest so we have a while!).

Do you not think most schools have issues with bullying? I do understand being frustrated if you feel the school isn't addressing the issue, I was bullied in high school and my school definitely didn't handle the issue of bullies well. I just wonder if it's something you can fully escape---kids can be mean! Sad to hear college may not be creating an atmosphere to battle this.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 21-04-2014 at 02:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went to bellarine sc on bellarine peninsula. I found it great and brand new school has been built since I was there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bullying should not exist at a $25,000 a tear school. End of story!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabi1959 View Post
    Bullying should not exist at a $25,000 a tear school. End of story!!
    Bullying shouldn't exist at any school, regardless of the fees.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (22-04-2014),Purple Lily  (05-07-2014),sky1  (22-04-2014)