+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best outdoor toys for toddlers?

I have been looking at buying one of those plastic outdoor toys that kids can climb on and they have a slide. There is one in the target catalogue for $199 at the moment.

DD is only 1 so not sure if this is suitable? But want something she can play with outdoors (other than pulling the grass out and putting it on her head).

Anyone got one or can recommend me something else?

Thanks

Sonja

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    TBH I think they are a waste of money,we had one and they hardly used it and theres only so much you can do on it.
    Sandpits are way better IMO.We made ours,and got sand for $5 a bag from a landscaping place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We had a plastic slide - it was $30-$40 from toys r us.

I agree a sandpit would be awesome! Either a dug in one, or one in a clam shell.

I want to get Jasper a cubby house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love you. Thanks for starting this thread. This is what we are getting our kids for their birthday. Mine love to climb, so this is perfect. I personally think they are great, and they should get years of use out of it.

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We had one that ended up weather worn and had to be chucked, but not much use!

A slide is an awesome thing to get, or to go cheaply to start with a clam shell with cover for a basic sand pit then you can fill the other half with water in summer.

A few buckets and cups for water play, straws to blow bubbles or a trampoline if you are looking to get a big item. We got a small round trampoline from the MIL for christmas (DD2 and DS2 were 18months) and they LOVE it! It doesn't have springs but elastic straps (not as good as the real 'springfree' ones, but not as expensive, and the net attaches to the base really well. DD2 and DS2 learnt to jump so quickly and love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cubby house
    Sandpit
    Mini pool
    Pebble garden with trucks etc to play in
    Trampoline
    Swing
    Watering cans and little herb garden for them
    Fake creek bed with planks going across
    Grow a mini bamboo forest hideout
    Push along mower/ wheelbarrow
    Shovels/rakes
    Bug collecting kit
    Pull along wagon
    Mud pie kitchen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We also have one clam shell with sand, a Bunnings climbing frame (which was a gift and the kids LOVE it), a big kid swingset with a toddler seat and a little trampoline. We also have a little square trampoline inside which could go outside.

We have no flat areas for bikes and trikes, so things they can climb on or over or through are great!!

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by august View Post
    Cubby house
    Sandpit
    Mini pool
    Pebble garden with trucks etc to play in
    Trampoline
    Swing
    Watering cans and little herb garden for them
    Fake creek bed with planks going across
    Grow a mini bamboo forest hideout
    Push along mower/ wheelbarrow
    Shovels/rakes
    Bug collecting kit
    Pull along wagon
    Mud pie kitchen
    The bolded - absolute FAVOURITES in our house!

DS2 (almost 2) will spend ages mowing, watering and sweeping. The herb garden wasn't successful when I tried it 6months ago, as they just dug in the mud after watering. But the watering can (plastic) is re-filled in the dog water bowl (we have a big bucket for the dogs) and then he looses half walking back to the pot but he just loves it! Sucks ATM with DD's hand in a bandage that I have to keep them away from water!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks ladies... will have to think more about it. I am wanting something she can do in the winter outdoors. I have a sand water table and she loves that.

Will have to put my thinking cap on

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?pro...1&related=true
    the step 2 cozy coupe cars!!!
    best outdoor toy EVER!