Seeking Obstetrician in Perth, WA | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Which hospital does Dr Tsokos work from and is he public or private? Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh Dr Love, I just love Dr John Love
    He is just wonderful..!!

He delivers at SJOG to..!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Laris,

I am also looking for a female obgyn. Just wondering what your thoughts are on Dr. Chua and Dr. Tamimi?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Butterfly78, I have only had 1 appointment so far with Dr. Chua. At this stage I am undecided about her. In fact, I would really appreciate any feedback from someone who has had Dr. Chua as on obgyn My next appointment with her is actually this week. I have done review searches for her but there is nothing I have come across on the internet. I did book in with Dr. Tamimi but cancelled as Applecross is not really a convenient location for me. I did come across 1 negative review from someone about her. I think reviews can certainly colour your perceptions about the obgyn... but having said that each persons experience is going to be different and unique to them...so booking in an appointment and seeing how you go with the obgyn is a good start. I guess one can never forsee how things are going to go when it comes to the delivery. This is my first baby so naturally I would like things to go well My physio recommended Dr. Anna Holmes but I was unable to book in with her as a second option as she will be on holidays when I am due. All the best with who you decide to go with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Laris hope everything is going well with you. I'm interested to know if you feel comfortable with Dr Chua etc. I haven't been able to find any feedback about here anywhere either. The only thing I was able to come across was that she has her own practice. I'd love to know of anyone else has had any experiences with her too. She must be fairly new as an obgyn perhaps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I actually experienced both epidural and instrumental delivery at a public hospital, too! I think it's case by case basis. Although, in our modern world, there is a lot of pressure to delivery with c-section. If it's all natural you want, try My Widwives in West Perth: http://mymidwives.com.au/branch/my-midwives-perth/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    As this thread is from 2011, I'd say the OP has well and truly sorted her needs. However it is fair to say that private hospitals have a higher intervention rate than public, which is important to many people.
    I had my DS delivered at a public hospital and the delivery was near almost a hostile takeover!!! I was pressured into both Pethadene far too early and into an epidural, which led to forceps assisted delivery. I will never go back there again. This time I am considering Private simply to get the highest level of care for both me and the baby. It's a personal preference and an affordability thing. Very individual.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Ken Nathan

Dr Ken Nathan delivered all of my babies. He is awesome. I had a forceps with my first followed by two normal births. He is now based in SJOG MOUNT LAWLEY. Dr Nathan is so experienced, very caring and will do his best to get you a normal delivery. I felt safe knowing my care was in his hands and he listened to my wishes and gave me the best outcome. Would highly recommend him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going dr lewis at st john of God mt Lawley
    She doesn't bulk bill but will scan the Medicare card while your there and money is back in a few days. Her handling fee is quite low and she's really good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would highly recommend Dr Kenneth Nathan (Mersey hospital SJOG Mt Lawley). His reputation is outstanding. He is friendly, and professional. I have had many friends who he looked after and they all highly recommend him. My midwife friend even went to him as she seen him in practice and has complete faith in him. He will do his best to get you the optimal outcome....so I guess you get what you pay for as he does charge a gap but an average gap. I'd rather pay a bit and be safe. He is very safe and his experience shows. He has looked after me and members of my family with pregnancy and Gynae issues and we are all grateful and thankful for his dedicated care. Good luck, hope this helps.