+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes to Dr Gubbay. He was fantastic. His receptionist Marie was also such a sweetie.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not sure if sub is the same as Murdoch but the obs there bill you separately to the hospital bill and you have to pay them and claim what you can separately as well as they send you to the private ultrasound clinics which don't bulk bill either and cost around $170 or more per visit, you can ask for referrals to a bulk billing ultrasound place tho but they may not be the preferred place of the ob. I was on the safety net but it was only after my 4th ultrasound that I reached the limit and then it got my last U/S for free but a normal preg you wouldn't have so many ultrasounds so I am not sure if it would help. I looked at going thru an ob at SJOG and it was going to be about $3500 up front for the ob fees then the hospital costs aswell.
    I ended up going thru a ob/ gp who delivered at another private hospital and the fee were a lot less but unfortunately that maternity ward is now closed.
    if you check thru the previous threads there is recomendations for obs at subi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my dd with Adam gubbay and am seeing him again. He does not bulk bill and is not cheap. His out of pocket fees are $2700, which is huge. However he is an excellent doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best obstetrician Perth

I can not rate highly enough Dr Pierre Smith from Perth Obstetrics Gynaecology Services (POGS). From the minute I met him until my boy Joshua was born he was amazing.
    Plus after the birth, I ended up with two breast abscesses, and while most obs would refer you to a general surgeon, he operated himself.
    He is really gentle and puts you at ease from the minute you walk in. I really wanted a natural birth (even though my boy was measuring HUGE) and he did everything he could to give me that, although in the end I had a caesarean.
    Plus Mercy Hospital (Hotel Mercy) is fantastic, loved having a double bed so my husband could stay every night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicackie View Post
    Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a good Perth ob for my 4th baby. I've recently moved from Adelaide where I had the best ob (Dr Chris Sexton). I am considering Drs John Love, Simon Turner, Tim Jefferies and Chris Gunnel. Anyone with positive or negative experiences please let me know. I'm a big believer in going into the hospital with no preconceived ideas. I have had 3 normal births and no need to go with any of the options to assist with pain. However, even after 3 practise runs I need the options and the expertise standing by should something go wrong.
    Highly recommend dr Simon Turner. He has been and still is our ob, he delivered both our boys. We wouldn't have anyone else! He's a brilliant man.

We haven't had issues booking in at St. John's subi either.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 30-06-2013 at 22:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscsmum View Post
    save your money. if you value natural birth then a private hospital will do you more harm than good. trust me.

"We found that among private women who had engaged a private obstetrician in a private hospital and had an epidural the most likely birth outcome was an instrumental birth with an episiotomy. Among similar women who gave birth in the public hospital system the most likely outcome was a non-instrumental vaginal birth without episiotomy.

read this article:
    https://www.birthinternational.com/articles/birth-intervention/71-normal-birth-what-are-the-chances
    very unhelpful as this is a study done on births in NSW!
    Who are you to say birthing in a private hospital will do you more harm than good? It's a personal preference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    very unhelpful as this is a study done on births in NSW!
    Who are you to say birthing in a private hospital will do you more harm than good? It's a personal preference.
    As this thread is from 2011, I'd say the OP has well and truly sorted her needs. However it is fair to say that private hospitals have a higher intervention rate than public, which is important to many people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't help you with the bulk billing part as pretty much no consultants at private hospitals bulk bill. Some GPs with obstetrics do bulk bill but only on the public sector not the private sector. I had Simon Clarke at Attadale and he is lovely. Very quiet and easy going, same personality as me so we got on well. Good luck with the search.

Me 💑 Him
    👱👶 2 cheeky boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone have any feedback regarding female Obstetrician Dr. Wei-Ying Chua? I had my first appointment with her last week. She consults at Mercy and Murdoch. I know it is recommended to see several Obs to get a comparison but this is quite an expensive option. I am booked in to see Dr. May Al-Tamimi also. Any recommendations regarding her please? I am 9 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good public hospital and obstetrician in Perth. I'm tossing up between having the baby in Perth or in the country. We have excellent private health insurance, but after speak to our health provider last year and discussing our options, they recommended to not worry about maternity cover if I was having the baby in the country as they only have a public hospital. But I'm thinking I want to be around my family and have the baby in Perth. Any help is appreciated. Thank you