+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Here are some things i found about the colour orange on the net.

Orange
    Like red, orange warms a room but in a less dramatic and passionate way. The mood and attitude of orange is more friendly than fiery; more welcoming than seductive. Orange works well in living rooms and family rooms and is also a good choice for children's bedrooms.

Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.
    To the human eye, orange is a very hot color, so it gives the sensation of heat. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. It is highly accepted among young people. As a citrus color, orange is associated with healthy food and stimulates appetite. Orange is the color of fall and harvest. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.
    Orange has very high visibility, so you can use it to catch attention and highlight the most important elements of your design. Orange is very effective for promoting food products and toys.

Dark orange can mean deceit and distrust.
    Red-orange corresponds to desire, sexual passion, pleasure, domination, aggression, and thirst for action.
    Gold evokes the feeling of prestige. The meaning of gold is illumination, wisdom, and wealth. Gold often symbolizes high quality.

i think orange is a great colour for a kids room as long as its not too overpowering.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sammyplus3 For This Useful Post:

trixiebelle17  (20-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Savingfishfromdrowning View Post
    My SIL is a colour consultant and has read some research on the issue (yep people research this!). Apparently yellow is the worst colour for settling babies and green is the best. White is also good.

I'm actually consulting with her on a range of boutique cot linen I'm hoping to sell on the net
    Yep, I learnt it in my interior design course.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS has an incredibly green room (kinda the same green as the big smiley dude and this bloke ) and he has zero sleep issues. I love the colour of his room and so does he, we always get stacks of nice comments actually lol.

actually here is a pic of the corner of the boys room
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ictureid=15336

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Danni~ For This Useful Post:

trixiebelle17  (20-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    how interesting about the yellow! DS's nursery was yellow and blue and he never really slept hahaha, must have been getting very confused by the colour combination... now his is blue and sleeps great (but he also older)

as for overstimulating im guessing a coloured wall couldnt possible be as bad as a mobile and toys and everything all over the place... DS's room has always been full of furniture and a bookshelf packed with toys and books... to me keeping it tidy was always more important for being soothing than having nothing in it all...

DS has had two different rooms (we moved when he was 12 months old) and in both rooms i have had a border that goes around just above the top of his cot... he has always seemed to love both and even when he was really little i wtch him stare at it and babble to it before drifting off to sleep...

Looks like orange is a go! I think i'll try see if i can find a black wall decal of a tree and birds to go on one side of the wall near the cot.... oooooh now im getting excited, now i just have to wait a few more weeks till council cleanup so that i can finally get rid of all the things in there that need to go before we can get started!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for sharing the pic gummy mummy - i think brightly coloured kids rooms are the best! u can leave the neutrals for the rest of the house and really have fun with bedrooms - at last thats what ive done

8. The Following User Says Thank You to trixiebelle17 For This Useful Post:

~Danni~  (20-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids have had some quite strongish colours, DD1 had a bright lolly pink nursery when she was born and she was a great sleeper. DD2 had pastal green she was a good sleeper. Their room is currently a soft mocha colour but they've also had cream. I don't think their room colours ever affected their sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trixiebelle17 View Post
    thanks for sharing the pic gummy mummy - i think brightly coloured kids rooms are the best! u can leave the neutrals for the rest of the house and really have fun with bedrooms - at last thats what ive done
    Thats what we have done lol, our house at the moment has pink walls () but we are re-painting the whole place in tans and chocolates which is boring but 'nice' IYKWIM. The kids rooms however (and ours) we decided to enjoy and have fun with! DD's room although not as bright as DS's is a purple and we are planning a deep purple feature wall for when we get around to painting ours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Savingfishfromdrowning View Post
    My SIL is a colour consultant and has read some research on the issue (yep people research this!). Apparently yellow is the worst colour for settling babies and green is the best. White is also good.

I'm actually consulting with her on a range of boutique cot linen I'm hoping to sell on the net
    Really? green is supposed to be relaxing and soothing. MY DS's room is a pastel green and I can tell you it does nothing to sooth him. He's a shocking sleeper, fights sleep to the very end, then some. I just think it comes down to the temperament of the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only colour I've heard to overstimulate is red?

A bland room doesn't equal sleeping baby though ... If only it were that simple!