View Poll Results: do you flush or bin poo off sposies?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

20 19.61%
  • no

61 59.80%
  • no- i didnt know you had to??

20 19.61%
  • i will from now on

1 0.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneMummy View Post
    Well actually, the chances of catching a zootonic disease from the feaces of a dog is really low compared to catching disease from the feaces of a human. Most zootonic diseases are also spread through contanct from an animal such as scratching, biting, or from parasites that suck blood, and so blood contact etc. It is not usual to get it from the feaces. Also, Lyme disease is a tick born disease? I am not sure if you can get it from the actual animals that a tick infects, you get it from the tick biting you?

This thread wasn't about the difference in dog poo or human poo anyway.

Yes bubhub brings up issues that you may have never encounted, but that is because it brings you outside of the square you live in so to speak. I like being educated on different issues that I wouldn't have thought about myself. I am not sure why every one likes to think it is a personal attack?

I try to flush as many poos as possible.. but can be a bit lazy, so after this thread I am going to try harder! The fact that so many people are saying that they didn't know you were supposed to is a good thing to me... maybe they will try from now on now that they know about it!
    Yep that's right! I always learn so much from BH! This wasn't meant to be an attack, but I was simply interested in what others do and know about this subject!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbourneMummy View Post
    This thread wasn't about the difference in dog poo or human poo anyway.
    No it wasn't, but the legality of disposing of faeces was brought up very early on. Implying that something is illegal is a rather strong way of making a point, and if that implication is incorrect it should be addressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    oh and also... in 2006 spinach was banned from being sold in the USA and Canada because of people becoming violently ill and some people died after becoming so ill from it.

WHY?

Human feces had somehow contamined the soil it was being grown in!

So yeah, it is not unfathomable that your babies poo could become an issue one day. If poo was not an issue, we wouldn't spend billions treating our waste, we would just save money and throw out every ones poo with the trash.
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 20-04-2011 at 13:04. Reason: sp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    No it wasn't, but the legality of disposing of faeces was brought up very early on. Implying that something is illegal is a rather strong way of making a point, and if that implication is incorrect it should be addressed.
    I meant that as a change in direction for what I was about to talk about, not an attack on the discussion, as I was going to keep talking about human poo vs. dog poo and was changing the topic for myself lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of the major dangers of chucking poo in the rubbish is diseases that live on in the ground long after the rest of waste has bio-degraded..for example, the bubonic plague can live on in the soil for hundreds of years, and the last major break-out of the plague was 15 years ago, so it is worthwhile considering what you are throwing into the rubbish. All of those post-immunisation poos could be carrying nasties that will re-activate an epidemic in the population long when we thought such diseases were eradicated.

All of this talk of landfill makes me think of my favoutire piece of trivia...What is the largest man-made structure in the world?.. Fresh Kils. Yay, a rubbish dump is the winner of that one.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubmum For This Useful Post:

aprileviesmum  (20-04-2011),Buttoneska  (16-01-2012),CrazyJs  (20-04-2011),TinyLittleTootsies  (20-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubmum View Post
    One of the major dangers of chucking poo in the rubbish is diseases that live on in the ground long after the rest of waste has bio-degraded..for example, the bubonic plague can live on in the soil for hundreds of years, and the last major break-out of the plague was 15 years ago, so it is worthwhile considering what you are throwing into the rubbish. All of those post-immunisation poos could be carrying nasties that will re-activate an epidemic in the population long when we thought such diseases were eradicated.

All of this talk of landfill makes me think of my favoutire piece of trivia...What is the largest man-made structure in the world?.. Fresh Kils. Yay, a rubbish dump is the winner of that one.
    its sucks that our biggest man made structure is a dump, but not really a surprise

Thanks
    Reviews
    London - this it?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate All Gone Now View Post
    London - this it?
    I dunno. Have never seen this thread before. Nobody bug me for 10mins while I skim read.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Whatever rolls off gets flushed, whatever is smeared on gets binned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is the one I found.
    I bin or flush. It depends on circumstances. The other day I was taking off his overnight nappy in the toilet and it was a hard one, so I popped it in the toilet. But usually it's quickly bagged and binned before I gag.