View Poll Results: do you flush or bin poo off sposies?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

20 19.61%
  • no

61 59.80%
  • no- i didnt know you had to??

20 19.61%
  • i will from now on

1 0.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I flush it, but use MCNs during the day and sposies only overnight, so am used to it anyway.

By the way, I can't answer the poll as it isn't a yes or no question

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~CupCakes~ View Post
    yep i thinks thats what we have to try and change or imagine what it will be like for or children! and food scraps and garden waste that go to land fill will decompose pretty quickly (provided they arent in plastic bags) and don't carry the same diseases as human waste!
    Pretty much everything that goes from the wheelie bins to landfill is in plastic bags. I don't think you are allowed unsecured rubbish in the bins.

ETA from a poster's council link "Please ensure all garbage is bagged or wrapped securely..."

I have a <1year old, her (disposable) nappy contents are not able to be tipped out into the toilet. Even if they were, there would still be poop present on the nappy.
    Last edited by Stiflers Mom; 20-04-2011 at 11:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just checked our council guidelines out of curiosity and it doesn't say. It does say nappies are permitted but I'm not sure where else you would put the actual nappy lol!

http://www.maroondah.vic.gov.au/Resi...ollection.aspx

Will have to tell DH about the 'no loose vacuum dust' one though, he does that all the time. Oops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's illegal to put it in the bin.
    Really? Wow. I've never heard that before - but a few people seem to have... How is it different from people picking up their dog's faeces in those plastic bags & chucking them in a bin - which is what they're supposed to do? How are dog's faeces less "toxic" than human's?

I will flush it if it's solid & tips off the nappy into the toilet easily, but if it's squishy... I just wrap it up, tie it in a nappy sack & chuck it in the bin.
    Last edited by 4fullstop; 20-04-2011 at 11:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in aged care and we chuck soiled adult pads ('nappies') in the bin. no policy on flushing first.
    Sorry to share lol
    But you'd think if it was illegal that it would be in our policies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally off topic but in the navy they drink there treated water from the toilet yep poop water...gross.

I'm a nappy sack and bin girl most of loodys poos are super soft and or runny still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trust good old bubhub to make you feel guilty for something you've never seen ANYONE ever do in the history of anything lol. honestly ive been around a lot of babies been involved with a lot of childcare and ive never once in my life ever seen someone scrape out a disposable nappy. OBVIOUSLY that doesnt mean it doesnt happen im aware of this. But its always bubhub that brings these things to light for me where Im sure I would never encounter them otherwise.

In saying that I dont scrape and Im not going to. ever.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lemmings For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (20-04-2011),MissMuppet  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fullstop View Post
    Really? Wow. I've never heard that before - but a few people seem to have... How is it different from people picking up their dog's faeces in those plastic bags & chucking them in a bin - which is what they're supposed to do? How are dog's faeces less "toxic" than human's?

I will flush it if it's solid & tips off the nappy into the toilet easily, but if it's squishy... I just wrap it up, tie it in a nappy sack & chuck it in the bin.
    Because humans can catch human diseases from another humans poo, but a human cannot catch a disease from a dog, besides say rabies but that's a non issue in Australia. Just like its more dangerous for a human to bite another human than a dog biting a human (disease wise, not damage wise)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissYouthful View Post
    Because humans can catch human diseases from another humans poo, but a human cannot catch a disease from a dog, besides say rabies but that's a non issue in Australia. Just like its more dangerous for a human to bite another human than a dog biting a human (disease wise, not damage wise)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub
    That's simply untrue. Dog faeces carries many zoonotic diseases, ie diseases that can be passed from animals to humans. It's potentially full of such lovelies as a variety of worms (heartworms, whipworms, hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms) as well as lyme disease, giardia and salmonella to name a few.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (20-04-2011),GlitterFarts  (05-08-2012),Lemmings  (20-04-2011),MissMuppet  (21-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    That's simply untrue. Dog faeces carries many zoonotic diseases, ie diseases that can be passed from animals to humans. It's potentially full of such lovelies as a variety of worms (heartworms, whipworms, hookworms, roundworms, tapeworms) as well as lyme disease, giardia and salmonella to name a few.
    Well actually, the chances of catching a zootonic disease from the feaces of a dog is really low compared to catching disease from the feaces of a human. Most zootonic diseases are also spread through contanct from an animal such as scratching, biting, or from parasites that suck blood, and so blood contact etc. It is not usual to get it from the feaces. Also, Lyme disease is a tick born disease? I am not sure if you can get it from the actual animals that a tick infects, you get it from the tick biting you?

This thread wasn't about the difference in dog poo or human poo anyway.

Yes bubhub brings up issues that you may have never encounted, but that is because it brings you outside of the square you live in so to speak. I like being educated on different issues that I wouldn't have thought about myself. I am not sure why every one likes to think it is a personal attack?

I try to flush as many poos as possible.. but can be a bit lazy, so after this thread I am going to try harder! The fact that so many people are saying that they didn't know you were supposed to is a good thing to me... maybe they will try from now on now that they know about it!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinyLittleTootsies For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (16-01-2012),Sheer Bliss  (20-04-2011)