View Poll Results: do you flush or bin poo off sposies?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

20 19.61%
  • no

61 59.80%
  • no- i didnt know you had to??

20 19.61%
  • i will from now on

1 0.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
    I do unless I am in public and not near a toilet (I'm not going to carry a pooey nappy around in my bag all afternoon), or (sorry for TMI) if it is a particularly messy, runny one , because I usually end up spilling it all over the bathroom floor trying to get it into the toilet! Eww!
    same here. we use cloth 99% of the time, so its second nature anyways

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wow i think this is the most replies ive had in a thread!

Placing a disposable nappy inside a plastic bag after using it increases the years it will take to break down enormously. Landfills and tips, where most disposable nappies end up, are anaerobic. This means that the oxygen needed to break down matter is unable to get into the landfills. There is also no water and no air or light on all parts of the landfill at all times to help with the breaking down process, so they nappies and their contents can sit there for many many years and the poo will make methane gas, and when they finally break down will affect the soil and any water systems its runs of to! With all the sposies being thrown away with the waste inside imagine the affects ( on waters, land and with the disease that can spead ) most of which will affect our babies

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazyJs For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (16-01-2012),Sheer Bliss  (20-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingup****** View Post
    Thank you for that response.

To the childcare worker earlier, when I trained in childcare back in '98 it was all cloth nappies. I went on to work in the disability sector for a while then in a school and returned to childcare in '05 to '09 where the poo was ALWAYS scraped into the toilet before the nappy was thrown out.
    i also have worked in childcare for ten years up til 7 months ago.. not once ever was i told to scrap the poo out n flush it... we were actually told to have as less contact as we could with it as possible due to the germs etc is spreads.. so it drops in the toilet n the the water splashes back up at you.. yuck....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmingup****** View Post
    Thank you for that response.

To the childcare worker earlier, when I trained in childcare back in '98 it was all cloth nappies. I went on to work in the disability sector for a while then in a school and returned to childcare in '05 to '09 where the poo was ALWAYS scraped into the toilet before the nappy was thrown out.
    not a prob its a bit scary isnt it! and my kids childcare centre scrapes into the toilet EVERYTIME aswell

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~CupCakes~ View Post
    not a prob its a bit scary isnt it! and my kids childcare centre scrapes into the toilet EVERYTIME aswell
    How do you know if they do or not? I've never thought to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalika View Post
    How do you know if they do or not? I've never thought to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub
    it was in our parent manual and ive seen them do it and are quite good friends with some of the girls that work there now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wonder if nurses do it...and if nurses scrape poo off the disposables of old people.

I think it's a load of crap (no pun intended) and I'm not going to do it and I think it's a really silly notion...scaping poo out of a disposable nappy for crying out loud! I reckon if it bothers you that much...use cloth nappies! Problem solved!

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time LOL

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (05-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    I wonder if nurses do it...and if nurses scrape poo off the disposables of old people.

I think it's a load of crap (no pun intended) and I'm not going to do it and I think it's a really silly notion...scaping poo out of a disposable nappy for crying out loud! I reckon if it bothers you that much...use cloth nappies! Problem solved!

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time LOL
    I agree. I don't use cloth of this reason. Dd is 17 months and in that time I don't think we have had a nappy that would have been able to be emptied into the toilet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    if the council has a problem with people putting nappies with poo in bins in plastic bags why do they provide plastic backs to put dog poo in at the park that they expect you too put in the bin and it all goes to the same place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by caritas View Post

I imagine poo in landfill would be much the same as all the other stuff that doesn't ideally belong in landfiill either eg food scraps and garden waste.

yep i thinks thats what we have to try and change or imagine what it will be like for or children! and food scraps and garden waste that go to land fill will decompose pretty quickly (provided they arent in plastic bags) and don't carry the same diseases as human waste!