View Poll Results: do you flush or bin poo off sposies?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

20 19.61%
  • no

61 59.80%
  • no- i didnt know you had to??

20 19.61%
  • i will from now on

1 0.98%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Looking at my local waste services website I can find plenty of information on batteries and computers, nothing on faeces.

If it's illegal, wouldn't it also be illegal to dispose of dog poo in the bins at the park? Yet this is encouraged.

I suspect this has been exaggerated...
    Dog poo isn't dangerous to humans as what human poo is.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

aprileviesmum  (19-04-2011),CrazyJs  (20-04-2011),Sheer Bliss  (19-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's not illegal not anywhere near here anyway.

And as for the danger factor the nappy is already contaminated removing some of the solids isnt gonna make any difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is going to sound crazy but I get a bit excited if my DS does one that's flush worthy! lol His are usually too runny. If it is solid though, yip down the loo.
    What are you supposed to do though if your out and about and changing a bum in the car?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    We flush when at home, simply because I don't want to have to walk all the way out to the bin 5 times a day when sir stink a lot does a poo lol.

I was told by the vet that I am meant to flush our cats poop from the litter tray as well... No freaking chance though, and he poops in the garden most of the time anyway lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I flush. Not because it might be illegal but because think of it this way. When it rains the poo would escape from the nappy and the rain water would run into our water ways. All those poor marine life swimming around in polluted water.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to myhusbandswife For This Useful Post:

CrazyJs  (20-04-2011)

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The issue isn't so much with it being illegal, more with the fact that it is dirty, unhygenic and dangerous.

The amount of dangerous bacteria sitting in disposables nappies in landfill, that has the potential to get into our water systems etc is what the issue is. They don't police it, no, as it's not something that would be easy to do. MOST councils have a list of what ISN'T acceptable to go into regular domestic waste. Human tissue and faeces are almost always on the list. Simply because these things need to be treated before being disposed of, hence the idea of flushing them so they go through the sewerage treatment plants. I wouldn't worry about it being illegal, what worries me more is the old 'don't 5h!t where you eat' thing (or in this case, risk the poo going into your water source, or soil where food is grown. Maybe not now, but as landfill space becomes scarce, and more and more disposable nappies are going into landfill - it will be an issue for our kids.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheer Bliss For This Useful Post:

CrazyJs  (20-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    People flush disposables??? Never heard of it!

Mine go out to the wheelie bin.
    This is what I do.. Straight in a plastic bag then bin.. I also work in child care and our nappies go straight in the bin.. If it was illigal we wouldnt be allowed to do this.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If it's a nice solid chunk I'll roll it off into the bin. I wouldn't bother scraping a disposable I know I shouldnt put human waste into landfill but yeah. Poor excuse but I think 'everybody does it, what does one extra Childs worth of poo matter'

Which is a very poor environmental attitude!

But I certainly do flush when he's in cloth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha I think there is more important things to police officers then catching the mums & dads throwing their nappies in the bin!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i bag and bin it!